READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I don't really remember what the difference between the 2 are either. I was just wondering if b mode still runs with good days like this run we've had. There were all sorts of reports of some elements missing a while ago, but none that we've seen here lately at all. No intention to actually have spoilers, just wondering if good runs like this week can still have a b mode pop up from time to time without incurring downtime for the attraction as a whole.
Yeah I understand, was just concerned with the questions that followed of what the differences were was definitely spoiler territory and as someone who hasn't gone and doesn't want to know, I wanted to make sure the answers to their questions came from the spoiler thread. I think that your question is a good one to ask and don't mind it here just to discuss, but it might be better suited for post ride discussions. But that's just my opinion, and as a noob to the boards, that doesn't carry much weight. 😁

Anyone there today experience power outages while in the queue? Saw someone in BG 47 post elsewhere the lights were going off and on intermittently and the cast was using a megaphone to make announcements.

Looks like the ride itself is doing great though. Up to group 136 now.

Just wanted to thank everyone for all the good tips and advice. Just wanted to share our day which was this past Tuesday the 18th:

Took a cab from AKL at 6:30, Got to HS at 6:55, tapped in (no finger) and through turnstyle at 7:11. Got some Starbucks and sat on concrete circle at beginning of Sunset Blvd directly across from Starbucks. I used Samsung G9 (data), my son had a Samsung G8 (data), my husband Samsung G9 (wifi) and my daughter has the iphone 8 (wifi). She pulled the BG 16. She had only selected me, so the rest of the family wasn't on the list, however a quick stop to a Guest Service umbrella and that was fixed. They called our boarding group around 9:20 I believe. The whole experience took around 40 minutes and was awesome. Thought it was great ride and experience, however I wouldn't have gotten up at 6 in the morning another day during our trip to ride it again as some were doing by going back for a fourth time. My son and husband absolutely loved it but me and my daughter both agreed that we liked Avatar better.

From my experience on days of Run Disney events (both as a participant and as a spectator/supporter) the crowd pattern is different on those days than others. The crowds at opening are lower at rope drop and then grow as more participants and their parties clean up and go to the parks.

I think Touring Plans calculates its ratings based on wait times more in the middle of the day (like 10-5?) so they aren’t going to catch differences in rope drop crowds.

As someone who will be there in late March, I would not plan on backup BGs lasting as long on those crowd 10 days as they did yesterday and today.

Yup. I'm coming with a group of friends for the star wars run. Doin the 10k on Saturday, and we basically realized there's no way we'll make it in time to get a BG. So we're gonna shoot for Sunday on our checkout day since none of us are running the half

Just wanted to thank everyone for all the good tips and advice. Just wanted to share our day which was this past Tuesday the 18th:

Took a cab from AKL at 6:30, Got to HS at 6:55, tapped in (no finger) and through turnstyle at 7:11. Got some Starbucks and sat on concrete circle at beginning of Sunset Blvd directly across from Starbucks. I used Samsung G9 (data), my son had a Samsung G8 (data), my husband Samsung G9 (wifi) and my daughter has the iphone 8 (wifi). She pulled the BG 16. She had only selected me, so the rest of the family wasn't on the list, however a quick stop to a Guest Service umbrella and that was fixed. They called our boarding group around 9:20 I believe. The whole experience took around 40 minutes and was awesome. Thought it was great ride and experience, however I wouldn't have gotten up at 6 in the morning another day during our trip to ride it again as some were doing by going back for a fourth time. My son and husband absolutely loved it but me and my daughter both agreed that we liked Avatar better.
Were there cabs waiting at AKL? Or did you/they have to call for one? Asking as I have a trip in about 2 weeks and staying at AKL.

The Chart on Post #2 has been updated. My apologies for being behind a few days.

Noteworthy (or perhaps not, who knows) - the avg BG per hour for the last three days is a suspiciously precise number. Friday - 11.00, Saturday - 12.25, Today 12.00. Make of that what you will.

For visual folks, see below for a chart of Avg BG per hour. Definitely an upward trend as has been well discussed (which I benefited from greatly!).

Chart-1.png

The Chart on Post #2 has been updated. My apologies for being behind a few days.

Noteworthy (or perhaps not, who knows) - the avg BG per hour for the last three days is a suspiciously precise number. Friday - 11.00, Saturday - 12.25, Today 12.00. Make of that what you will.

For visual folks, see below for a chart of Avg BG per hour. Definitely an upward trend as has been well discussed (which I benefited from greatly!).

Chart-1.png
Thanks for all you do with the Chart. I'm glad you were able to be a positive statistic this weekend! Really wish @blistex had 1 more day. I just know her family would have made it third time around.

Sorry I wasn't paying attention, you posted this at 6:44 PM. Does that mean the BG did not make it to closing at 8?
Loading Boarding Groups last till 8 or so, but they will not call NEW BGs without giving a window to return. They can't say, "now boarding group X, park closes in 5 minutes, so get over here now." Given the standard return window of 1 or 2 hours, that is about how much time from park closing they call the last number, whatever that is. As it gets closer to about 7 pm, if the range if BGs continues to shrink on the front end, but the last number of that range stays constant, it's fair to assume that's the last one called. Remember, calling group 147 (for example) at 7 pm requires they give these folks an hour to arrive and check in.

What skewed the last two days to allow BG to be available for over 1/2 hour after park opening? Should I get my hopes up for my trip next week?

What skewed the last two days to allow BG to be available for over 1/2 hour after park opening? Should I get my hopes up for my trip next week?

I would not get my hopes up in general because you never know if you could hit a bad day (I’m a plan for the worst kind of person), but especially don’t get your hopes up because of Run Disney events this weekend possibly impacting how fast BG filled.

I would however be more optimistic about reliability than I would have been a week ago. Hopefully it has become less of a problem to be a later BG, even if they don’t continue to last half an hour.

Chart-1.png

Also suspicious is that the upward trend started the day after my DHS day ... So what can I say, except, you're welcome!

Wow - What an attraction. Thanks to all that shared experience here. We got BG 7 this morning while waiting near the front of the pack to get into SWGE this morning. BG 7 was called at 8:12 AM.

Just so everyone knows, the return window is 2 hours, but Disney sends you a push notification saying 1 hour. If you close the push and just "check your status", it will actually have given you 2 hours. We were running around panicking about an SDD FP we wouldn't have been able to make, when we realized we actually had 2 hours!

I've been thinking about this all day because people keep asking. First thing to remember, Disney doesn't release any actual numbers, so anything on crowd levels at park opening, total guests, boarding group size is all speculation.

A couple years ago, Hollywood Studios daily attendance average was 30k guests per day. Obviously some days were higher, some lower, but let's use that as a baseline for daily attendance. Out of that total, how many actually show up at park opening vs later in the day. With boarding groups, im guessing closer 2/3s are in the park before opening, so 20k.

It's previously been speculated that each BG holds 100-150 spots. It's also speculated that as the ride underperfoms, BGs available the next day go down, while availability goes up if it overperforms. They also offer more or less when total open hours change.

So let's put numbers in perspective. If 20k guests are in the park at 8am and each BG allows for 150 guests, you're at 133 groups filled at 8am. Based on recent activity, these numbers actually make sense and here's why. When the ride was underperforming, we saw groups sell out in a minutes 8 days in a row. When you look at groups called the day before, there was less than 120 groups called. The day after 132 groups were called, BGs lasted 5 minutes. They had 141 groups called that day, and BGs lasted 40 minutes the following day (yesterday). Today, BGs lasted 34 minutes.

While my numbers may not be exact to what Disney actually records, the point is, on any given day, as BGs currently are, the park is able to support filling roughly 120-130 BGs at open. Therefore, if BG availability drops below that number, you're going to see groups filled in mere minutes. As the ride does better and they add more groups, those groups will allow availability to remain indefinitely for the next hour as people trickle in.

If you really want to know if you’ll get a BG on your day, just look at the performance the day before to understand the availability of groups that day. If more than 130 groups are called, there’s a high likelihood everyone in the park at open will get a BG and still have some for the late arrivals. If the groups called is less than 110, and there’s been a downward trend in the ride, it’s highly likely some in the park by 8 will not get a BG. Between 110 and 130, I would guess nearly everyone in the park at 8 gets a BG, but very few if any late arrivals will get one. Word of advice, be in the park by 8! 😂

Last edited:
I've been thinking about this all day because people keep asking. First thing to remember, Disney doesn't release any actual numbers, so anything on crowd levels at park opening, total guests, boarding group size is all speculation.

A couple years ago, Hollywood Studios daily attendance average was 30k guests per day. Obviously some days were high, some lower, but let's use that as a baseline for daily attendance. Out of that total, how many actually show up at park opening vs later in the day. With boarding groups, in guessing closer 2/3s are in the park before opening, so 20k.

It's previously been speculated that each BG holds 100-150 spots. It's also speculated that as the ride underperfoms, BGs available the next day go down, while availability goes up if it overperforms. They also offer more or less when total open hours change.

So let's put numbers in perspective. If 20k guests are in the park at 8am and each BG allows for 150 guests, you're at 133 groups filled at 8am. Based on recent activity, these numbers actually make sense and here's why. When the ride was underperforming, we saw groups sell out in a minutes 8 days in a row. When you look at groups called the day before, there was less than 120 groups called. The day after 132 groups were called, BGs lasted 5 minutes. They had 141 groups called that day, and BGs lasted 40 minutes the following day (yesterday). Today, BGs lasted 34 minutes.

While my numbers may not be exact to what Disney actually records, the point is, on any given day, as BGs currently are, the park is able to support filling roughly 120-130 BGs at open. Therefore, if BG availability drops below that number, you're going to see groups filled in mere minutes. As the ride does better and they add more groups, those groups will allow availability to remain indefinitely for the next hour as people trickle in.

Oooh, excellent analysis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter