READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Practice from home. Opened app at 7:50. Left it on home page. At 8:00:01 I pressed “find out more”. On the next page, “join boarding group” was not live so pressed “My Status”. From there I could press “join boarding group”. Then I was able to select all And once again select “join boarding group” at bottoms of page. After that I got the notice I could not go any further as I wasn’t in the park.

The whole process took me 12 seconds. I thought it went well but slow. I don’t know how people can get a BG seconds after 8:00:00.

practiced this morning also, join boarding group for me was not live at 8:00, seems I would have gotten it, since I didnt get the "backup boarding group message" when it did go live...

I have to say, we consider ourselves WDW pros... countless trips throughout childhood and adulthood. Can navigate the parks with our eyes closed and know all the "secrets" and know how to work the FP system like no other...

THIS HAS ME COMPLETELY STRESSED OUT

THIS HAS ME COMPLETELY STRESSED OUT
The more you practice, the less stressful it becomes. It gets to the point where you don’t have to think about it. Not sure when your trip Is but with backups lasting longer than 10 mins you have a good shot at getting a low numbered one and hopefully a ride (if reliability stays as it has been the last few days it improves).

The more you practice, the less stressful it becomes. It gets to the point where you don’t have to think about it. Not sure when your trip Is but with backups lasting longer than 10 mins you have a good shot at getting a low numbered one and hopefully a ride (if reliability stays as it has been the last few days it improves).

We are there next week... badly (not on purpose) timed with the opening of the new mickey ride... husband doesn't think that will hurt but I do think it will increase crowds to HS

Our experience President's Week, for reference:

Monday-boarding group 68, above 63 listed as backup. Groups stopped getting called at 55ish.
Wednesday-boarding group 55, above 43 listed as backup, ended up riding at noonish, with the last group called in the 100s.
Friday--didn't try but checked groups to see, backups were listed again as 63 and above, groups way above 100 called by the end of the day.

Tomorrow is our GE day!
I’ve had crap luck with service since we landed. I have zero faith in my ability to get a BG. DH and I are on the same unlimited plan with AT&T, iPhone 8+. Since Day One with these phones, I could be standing next to him and he’s got full bars, while I’m just spinning my wheels. I’m counting on DH and SIL, who always seems to have a signal, to snag that BG!
Wish us luck! ☺
Here's hoping everything worked out and you're headed to RotR!!!

Practice from home. Opened app at 7:50. Left it on home page. At 8:00:01 I pressed “find out more”. On the next page, “join boarding group” was not live so pressed “My Status”. From there I could press “join boarding group”. Then I was able to select all And once again select “join boarding group” at bottoms of page. After that I got the notice I could not go any further as I wasn’t in the park.

The whole process took me 12 seconds. I thought it went well but slow. I don’t know how people can get a BG seconds after 8:00:00.

This is me exactly. If people are getting it faster it must be because of fewer seconds for screens to load.

Today for a slight change of pace I tried waiting 5 seconds before hitting Find Out More. The Boarding Group button was still not red so I hit My Status and went from there. All that 5 second delay did was cost me 5 seconds. I’m not sure why some people get the red button immediately or after a delay of 2 seconds (and I’ve heard the comments about variations between atomic time and Disney time) but I‘m not one of those people.

We are there next week... badly (not on purpose) timed with the opening of the new mickey ride... husband doesn't think that will hurt but I do think it will increase crowds to HS
Same. Booked FPs not realizing and now it feels too hard to change. Since we are not planning to ride MMRR I am hoping that it helps crowds in GE and TSL by drawing them that way, but I’m VERY nervous about getting a BG though.

This is me exactly. If people are getting it faster it must be because of fewer seconds for screens to load.

Today for a slight change of pace I tried waiting 5 seconds before hitting Find Out More. The Boarding Group button was still not red so I hit My Status and went from there. All that 5 second delay did was cost me 5 seconds. I’m not sure why some people get the red button immediately or after a delay of 2 seconds (and I’ve heard the comments about variations between atomic time and Disney time) but I‘m not one of those people.
I was just thinking earlier this morning that I'd try waiting tomorrow (practice) because I never see it red at first. Thanks for posting, I'll just keep doing it with my status. 🤷‍♀️

Us too...we're at DHS a week from today and then for a second visit F 3/6...hoping for ROTR on Tues and rope dropping MMRR on Fri

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter