READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I read somewhere earlier on this thread that you can be late for your 2-hour return window and still get admitted?

Is there an official "grace period"?

Tomorrow is our GE day!
I’ve had crap luck with service since we landed. I have zero faith in my ability to get a BG. DH and I are on the same unlimited plan with AT&T, iPhone 8+. Since Day One with these phones, I could be standing next to him and he’s got full bars, while I’m just spinning my wheels. I’m counting on DH and SIL, who always seems to have a signal, to snag that BG!
Wish us luck! ☺️

Did I read somewhere earlier on this thread that you can be late for your 2-hour return window and still get admitted?

Is there an official "grace period"?
When the ride goes down during your return, they tell people to come back at any time. I think if you have a prescheduled fastpass or ADR, you can get some leniency from the overseers of the ride, just explain the situation. I don’t know that anyone has actually reported showing up late with no good reason. I’d venture a guess that as long as your BG was called, they don’t care much, but the window does help the progression throughout the day. Plus, who’s not knocking people out of their way when their phone notifies them they’re up! :rotfl2:

Tomorrow is our GE day!
I’ve had crap luck with service since we landed. I have zero faith in my ability to get a BG. DH and I are on the same unlimited plan with AT&T, iPhone 8+. Since Day One with these phones, I could be standing next to him and he’s got full bars, while I’m just spinning my wheels. I’m counting on DH and SIL, who always seems to have a signal, to snag that BG!
Wish us luck! ☺
Sounds like you’re ready. Just remember to show up before 8. They’ll have BGs for everyone! Lol.

As i would like to say i read 578 pages..... i did not.
Today i was told instead of hitting join boarding group after you open the app. Hit my status and it will take you to a page that you can just swipe to refresh.
Is this true/better? I dont want to do anything wrong. I trust my disboarders family more than that person:)

As i would like to say i read 578 pages..... i did not.
Today i was told instead of hitting join boarding group after you open the app. Hit my status and it will take you to a page that you can just swipe to refresh.
Is this true/better? I dont want to do anything wrong. I trust my disboarders family more than that person:)
Posts 1&2 are all you really need. Go back a page or 2, someone created a flow chart for this, but the jist is this - force close the app so it’s no longer running in the background. Open it 5-10 minutes before 8. DO NOT CLICK ANYTHING! When the clock strikes 8am, count to 3 to give the app time. Then click Find Out More or the AT AT picture right under the map on the main page. There will be a button that says join boarding group. If that button is red, click it. If it’s not, click my status. Here, there will be a blue button for join boarding group. If it is clickable, click it. If it is not clickable, pull down to refresh once. If still not clickable, go back one screen, see if the join button is red yet. If not, force close and restart app. It should then work after it starts back up. Once you’re able to click Join Boarding Group, you will select the people in your group that are joining you, then click the button at the bottom, and you’ll be given a BG number. As long as you’re there by 8, you’ll get a decent group number.

Last edited:
Tomorrow is our GE day!
Wish us luck! ☺️
Maybe you should try the Wi-Fi? They can stay on data, of course. I've seen a couple posts recently where the one person on Wi-Fi scored the BG before the ones on data were able to.

Just so everyone knows, the return window is 2 hours, but Disney sends you a push notification saying 1 hour. If you close the push and just "check your status", it will actually have given you 2 hours. We were running around panicking about an SDD FP we wouldn't have been able to make, when we realized we actually had 2 hours!
Thanks for this, this answers my current confusion perfectly.

Thanks for all you do with the Chart. I'm glad you were able to be a positive statistic this weekend! Really wish @blistex had 1 more day. I just know her family would have made it third time around.

Not gonna lie, I'm a little bitter that the very next day things went back to much closer to the january numbers that originally made me so hopeful!! But, I'm going back for mom's trip during food & wine and I don't care what I have to do I'm definitely getting on ROTR that trip.

Very curious if BG will still be a thing at that point so I just keep following this thread! Really glad to see things looking more positive even if the timing was unfortunate for me.

Posts 1&2 are all you really need. Go back a page or 2, someone created a flow chart for this, but the jist is this - force close the app so it’s no longer running in the background. Open it 5-10 minutes before 8. DO NOT CLICK ANYTHING! When the clock strikes 8am, count to 3 to give the app time. Then click Find Out More or the AT AT picture right under the map on the main page. There will be a button that says join boarding group. If that button is red, click it. If it’s not, click my status. Here, there will be a blue button for join boarding group. If it is clickable, click it. If it is not clickable, pull down to refresh once. If still not clickable, go back one screen, see if the join button is red yet. If not, force close and restart app. It should then work after it starts back up. Once you’re able to click Join Boarding Group, you will select the people in your group that are joining you, then click the button at the bottom, and you’ll be given a BG number. As long as you’re there by 8, you’ll get a decent group number.

I think this counting is really critical - I hit "find out more" as soon as my clock turned 8:00:00 because I knew BG were going so fast that seconds mattered, and based on other reports in this thread, I think it's what ultimately caused my app to glitch so badly I missed the whole thing. Or as my husband says, "you were actually TOO fast."

Not gonna lie, I'm a little bitter that the very next day things went back to much closer to the january numbers that originally made me so hopeful!! But, I'm going back for mom's trip during food & wine and I don't care what I have to do I'm definitely getting on ROTR that trip.

Very curious if BG will still be a thing at that point so I just keep following this thread! Really glad to see things looking more positive even if the timing was unfortunate for me.
I'd be bitter, too. But so glad you're getting another shot at the ride! We're all pulling for you! :)

Tried something new today; started app up cold at straight up 8, and got right in, closed app out all the way, started again, got right in. Closed it out a third time, started it up around 48 seconds after 8 and it was into backups (showed me that on main page, and also sent me a pop up).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter