READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is 10:09am on 8/14, a Friday in fully blown COVID crowd level mode. Here was our experience for what it’s worth as I wasn’t sure what to expect.

We self parked and left Bonnet Creek later than planned but got to the parking lot line around 9:20am. It took maybe 10-15 minutes to get through the lot gate and then every car was rushing to park. Rushed walking but no running seen as people made their way to the temperature checks and then through security and entrance. I was worried but we were in the park at around 9:50am.

We are now in line for the Slinky Dog coaster. At 10:00:00 we were clicking the join link. I lucked out and got group 33 which was 180 minutes out and that was literally at time 0. A family in front of us was trying but having trouble with the application. In a matter no time the slots were all gone.

Clearly it is still difficult even during COVID so be ready and in the park.
For what it’s worth the park is much more crowded than MK was yesterday. Not sure if it’s because Star Wars is new or because it is Friday but it is more crowded although still ridiculously low relative to normal.

good luck and thanks to others for the heads ups and tips. I had no idea this would be an issue.

This is happening to me too!! I deleted and downloaded, restarted my phone. But My husband and I both have iPhone 6 and recently updated the app and it keeps crashing when we try to join. I did a chat on the APP to let them know about it. She said she can report it but it probably wouldn't be fixed by our trip (august 16). :( SO we are totally screwed. Its our only devices. And we only have 1 day at Hollywood studios, and never have rode the ride.

It looks like it might be fixed now. I just tried it a few times on my iPhone 6 and it didn't crash.

It looks like it might be fixed now. I just tried it a few times on my iPhone 6 and it didn't crash.

I hope so, will have my boyfriend try his when he gets home from work. His internet connection is usually better than mine is, so I need the help getting boarding passes.

Yes the newest MDE was released yesterday version 6.3.0 Build 2020807.1 You can always check the version of your MDE by going to the "More" screen (3 horizontal lines on Home screen) and scrolling down to the "Help" link.

Dave

Practice at 10 am and 2 pm has been successful the past several days. That said, I feel like I'm getting in "just under the wire" (especially at 2 pm). In Feb-March, I was able to get in 2, maybe 3 attempts per day before getting locked out. These days, it's consistently full after 20 seconds.

Practice at 10 am and 2 pm has been successful the past several days. That said, I feel like I'm getting in "just under the wire" (especially at 2 pm). In Feb-March, I was able to get in 2, maybe 3 attempts per day before getting locked out. These days, it's consistently full after 20 seconds.
Lack of spots and shorter hours

Maybe you were holding your smartphone "wrong" :duck:On a serious note are you waiting on the Home screen for the Join button or watching the time from the "My Queues" screen to hit the "Join Virtual Queue" button?

Dave

Maybe you were holding your smartphone "wrong" :duck:On a serious note are you waiting on the Home screen for the Join button or watching the time from the "My Queues" screen to hit the "Join Virtual Queue" button?

Dave
I've been experimenting with a few different methods. The most effective seems to be having the app open just prior to the drop and press "join" right as the clock changes.

It is 10:09am on 8/14, a Friday in fully blown COVID crowd level mode. Here was our experience for what it’s worth as I wasn’t sure what to expect.

We self parked and left Bonnet Creek later than planned but got to the parking lot line around 9:20am. It took maybe 10-15 minutes to get through the lot gate and then every car was rushing to park. Rushed walking but no running seen as people made their way to the temperature checks and then through security and entrance. I was worried but we were in the park at around 9:50am.

We are now in line for the Slinky Dog coaster. At 10:00:00 we were clicking the join link. I lucked out and got group 33 which was 180 minutes out and that was literally at time 0. A family in front of us was trying but having trouble with the application. In a matter no time the slots were all gone.

Clearly it is still difficult even during COVID so be ready and in the park.
For what it’s worth the park is much more crowded than MK was yesterday. Not sure if it’s because Star Wars is new or because it is Friday but it is more crowded although still ridiculously low relative to normal.

good luck and thanks to others for the heads ups and tips. I had no idea this would be an issue.
I've been helping a lot of people in the past week and recording times to get this as scientific as possible. I figure you've got 5-6 seconds from queue open to get BG 1. The guest load is a killer. That you got BG 33 suggests it probably took you maybe 10 seconds from queue open.

Finally remembered to look at home so I can see what my friends list looks like

Seemed to take a bit for the join button to show up today. But looks like my friend whos coming labor day is first on the list, and my other 2 friends who are coming later are 2nd and 3rd on the list. So should be quick still..hopefully.

DH and I practiced from home today. He had success on his phone, but I got an error message and then when I backed up and tried again I got the full message. It went fast today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter