READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got the sad notification about a no-go today. Thought we might have at least gotten a Fastpass for something else, but I don’t think so.
Very disappointed. Don’t have any other studios days. I agree that a fast pass would be nice

As my wife and I were sitting waiting to try for the 10am group the other day a CM stopped to tell us to not both try at the same time as it would “cancel each other out”. I thought it a little odd. Got boarding group 5.
I don't know why they keep saying this, probably to not flood the bandwidth? It's definitely not true
25% success yesterday. My daughter and i were trying. She managed to get herself, could not add anyone else. She got BG 3. I got a message that she was not eligible, in the time it took for me to uncheck her the groups filled so the other 3 of us were left out. GET couldn't do anything, said it was because we both tried. She skipped her group, we tried at 2 with no luck. Fingers crossed for Monday and an early BG since we leave Mon evening.

25% success yesterday. My daughter and i were trying. She managed to get herself, could not add anyone else. She got BG 3. I got a message that she was not eligible, in the time it took for me to uncheck her the groups filled so the other 3 of us were left out. GET couldn't do anything, said it was because we both tried. She skipped her group, we tried at 2 with no luck. Fingers crossed for Monday and an early BG since we leave Mon evening.
I can guarantee you it wasn't because you were both trying, I have done it at least ten times and many reports here also confirm it doesn't affect it.

Next time, head over to guest services and let them know that you were all in the park, but it only added the 1 person. This way, it’s as simple as you being added to their BG.

At least, that’s how it was pre-Covid. I can’t imagine it being different now.

So - I’m practicing before our Nov trip. Went with DH back in January, and with research and pre-trip practice, got BG7. I’ve now been pacticing at home, and DAMN, the BGs now seem to be gone in milliseconds. I haven’t had a successful practice yet.

Went back and read a few pages, and I keep seeing that it should basically involve hitting “join” twice (in Jan, the process for me was close the app, relauch seconds before 7, hit join, etc). It seems as if people have app launched, but are you even on the front page — or have you clicked past the front page of the app and into the RotR area - are people refreshing just before 7/hitting that first internal “join” button? Thanks a million, ya’ll!

Speedway
300 E Buena Vista Dr, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
The walk is about 10 to 15 depending on pace

This advice was MONEY. Got a Lyft to the walking path and into HS gate around 9:20. Done w MMRR around 9:45 and Slinky around 10:15. Thanks to this forums awesome tips and lots of at home practice, DH got BG 35 on his iPhone 8 while standing in line for Slinky, which did better than my iPhone 11. A big thanks to everyone here for their insight.

I can guarantee you it wasn't because you were both trying, I have done it at least ten times and many reports here also confirm it doesn't affect it.

Does it sound like the GET was using that as an excuse not to add the other members of the group to snugglebug's daughter'ss Boarding Group # 3?

In other words, would it be better not to tell GET that someone else in the group was also trying for a BG? Would GET then be more likely to add the others to the BG?

Was she logged in under your account or on her own account?

So - I’m practicing before our Nov trip. Went with DH back in January, and with research and pre-trip practice, got BG7. I’ve now been pacticing at home, and DAMN, the BGs now seem to be gone in milliseconds. I haven’t had a successful practice yet.

Went back and read a few pages, and I keep seeing that it should basically involve hitting “join” twice (in Jan, the process for me was close the app, relauch seconds before 7, hit join, etc). It seems as if people have app launched, but are you even on the front page — or have you clicked past the front page of the app and into the RotR area - are people refreshing just before 7/hitting that first internal “join” button? Thanks a million, ya’ll!
I'm having good luck with having the app opened and already on the "My Queues" page.

At exactly 10am (or 2pm), I click "Join Virtual Queue" button.

That brings up the ROTR page. Immediately click the "Join" button.

You should then see the friends and family list. Immediately click "Join" at the bottom of the page (don't worry about selecting names from the list).

Does it sound like the GET was using that as an excuse not to add the other members of the group to snugglebug's daughter'ss Boarding Group # 3?

In other words, would it be better not to tell GET that someone else in the group was also trying for a BG? Would GET then be more likely to add the others to the BG?
Well GET don't have unlimited spots they can give, maybe saying that it just didn't work would've helped but i don't think that GET wasn't able to help just because of that reason

I'm having good luck with having the app opened and already on the "My Queues" page.

At exactly 10am (or 2pm), I click "Join Virtual Queue" button.

That brings up the ROTR page. Immediately click the "Join" button.

You should then see the friends and family list. Immediately click "Join" at the bottom of the page (don't worry about selecting names from the list).
Ok, thanks!! I think I was approaching it the wrong way for initial entry:). Will see whether further practice works a bit better...;)!

Ok, thanks!! I think I was approaching it the wrong way for initial entry:). Will see whether further practice works a bit better...;)!
One other tip...

I've found that sometimes, if the app is idle for too long, it will restart when you come back to it (wasting precious seconds).

To avoid that happening, I open the app only about a minute ahead of time, then minimize it to watch the clock. It's probably not necessary, but I re-open and minimize it a few times to keep it from having to refresh the virtual queue page (or worse, wait for the fireworks if the app restarts for some reason).

For the last 15 seconds or so, I watch the clock and at 5 seconds switch back to the app and do a mental countdown while watching for the time in the upper corner to change over. The moment it does, I press the button to join.

One other tip...

I've found that sometimes, if the app is idle for too long, it will restart when you come back to it (wasting precious seconds).

To avoid that happening, I open the app only about a minute ahead of time, then minimize it to watch the clock. It's probably not necessary, but I re-open and minimize it a few times to keep it from having to refresh the virtual queue page (or worse, wait for the fireworks if the app restarts for some reason).

For the last 15 seconds or so, I watch the clock and at 5 seconds switch back to the app and do a mental countdown while watching for the time in the upper corner to change over. The moment it does, I press the button to join.
Argh, I just did this and smashed the button literally the second it turned.

Got right in, hit join...and then the app chugged a tiny bit (2-3 beats) on the part where it was id-ing my party. Big, red "Current booking window now full, again, within seconds. This is what happened this morning. (This both on Verizon cellular and on our mesh wifi - which is fast.) Time for some app troubleshooting.

Argh, I just did this and smashed the button literally the second it turned.

Got right in, hit join...and then the app chugged a tiny bit (2-3 beats) on the part where it was id-ing my party. Big, red "Current booking window now full, again, within seconds. This is what happened this morning. (This both on Verizon cellular and on our mesh wifi - which is fast.) Time for some app troubleshooting.
This is perhaps the most critical factor (and sadly, the one most out of our control). If you have a poor signal/slow connection and it takes a few extra seconds for the page to load, it's often too late to get a BG by the time the final "join" button appears.

I had no joy with my 2 pm practice today. With strong signal idled after I clicked join for a few seconds and all gone immediately

Same. Except no chugg for app. Immediately got a all boarding groups full message upon hitting join button that showed my party (only me.)

I have not been practicing too many days this time around, but I have had same result every time at 10 and 2 each time.

I helped a relative with a trip in January and I always was successful in my practice attempts as long as I remembered on time. The day of their MLK weekend trip, my niece was faster with boarding group 8 or 12.

I do understand that there aren't always boarding groups available at 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter