Resort change?? BWI vs. Beach Club vs. Poly

ErinsMommy

She believed she could, so she did
We LOVED everything about the Poly at our last stay a few weeks ago and are going back for a last minute Christmas trip (12/22-12/25). We booked Boardwalk Inn because I've been dying to try an Epcot resort, but after looking at pics of the room its just not us (although for 4 days I can make do).

Question though as I've been trying to talk DH into Beach Club but he said its too "Grand Floridian like" (stuffy) but I prefer the décor there over Boardwalk Inn -- is there any benefit or something better at Beach Club than Boardwalk Inn that I can talk him into? (Stormalong Bay he could care less about.)

Then he suggested Poly, but that takes me away from the Epcot area -- which ironically we're not even going into Epcot, but will be going to DHS which is why we wound up at Boardwalk Inn.

I just don't know....I'm so torn =(

Awh, I am not really sure why he is getting a 'stuffy' feel from the BC, I have seen people say that about the YC but not the BC, it is nothing like the GF. I had a great stay at the Boardwalk, but I don't really like the layout of the resort (it isn't horrible I just don't prefer it), and I prefer the restaurants and lounges on the YC and BC side. My husband really didn't like the room decor at the Boardwalk but he loves the BC rooms. I don't really have any overwhelmingly convincing evidence as both resorts are really nice, it is really just a personal preference thing.

We LOVED everything about the Poly at our last stay a few weeks ago and are going back for a last minute Christmas trip (12/22-12/25). We booked Boardwalk Inn because I've been dying to try an Epcot resort, but after looking at pics of the room its just not us (although for 4 days I can make do).

Question though as I've been trying to talk DH into Beach Club but he said its too "Grand Floridian like" (stuffy) but I prefer the décor there over Boardwalk Inn -- is there any benefit or something better at Beach Club than Boardwalk Inn that I can talk him into? (Stormalong Bay he could care less about.)

Then he suggested Poly, but that takes me away from the Epcot area -- which ironically we're not even going into Epcot, but will be going to DHS which is why we wound up at Boardwalk Inn.

I just don't know....I'm so torn =(
I think BWI and YC are more gf like. Has he seen the blue rooms BC has? They are nice.

Most would say BC is less formal of the 3 but that doesn't mean DH has to agree.

Good luck choosing!

BC really has a more "beachy" feel than a stuffy feel, IMHO, but, honestly, if you aren't going into EP, I would really attempt to try to stomach the room decor at BWI, LOL! BWI is a fairly quick walk to DHS and during the time frame when you are going, if you can take any form of Disney transportation out of the equation (buses, boats, etc.) you are MUCH better off. We've stayed at BWI often (love the theming, the music they play on the Boardwalk, the atmosphere at night). We stayed there during Christmas week in 2015 and it saved our trip for us. The buses and boats were super crowded and being able to simply walk back and forth between two parks made the trip so much less stressful.

I loved staying at the Boardwalk. When I first booked it I had a lot of doubts because the pictures of the room were not my style at all. I kept calling them grandma room's lol. But I ended up keeping the reservation and LOVED the stay. It's near my top favorite hotel now. Also, it's really close to walk to Hollywood Studios from.

We have stayed at all three (BW, BC and YC). The only one I would consider "stuffy" is YC. But that's even stretching it a bit. I wouldn't consider BC "stuffy". Perhaps a bit more subdued in it's decor than the other two. We like BW the best. It's a little more fun and whimsical than the other two, IMO. Also, it's closer to DHS than the other two. If DHS is your main reason for the trip, I would definitely recommend staying in the Epcot area so you don't have to rely on the Disney transportation so much. It's going to be busy and having to wait for buses could eat up a lot of your vacation time.

Have a great trip!

I think BWI and YC are more gf like. Has he seen the blue rooms BC has? They are nice.

Most would say BC is less formal of the 3 but that doesn't mean DH has to agree.

Good luck choosing!

that's exactly what I said! he wont listen and i loved the inside of BC. is BWI closer to DHS than BC? And if so, by how much? (walking wise?) This is such a super short stay for us and the only parks we're going to are MK (for MVMCP) and DHS on Sunday.

We will be there at the same time staying at the GF and the BWV. We love the location for the holidays because there is so much to do at Epcot. We have stayed at YC, BC, and BWI. The BC is not stuffy at all, but may seem like the most crowded due to all the kids. I would suggest the BC if your more interested in the decor. Just note that the walk to Epcot would be 5 minutes, but it would be a much longer walk to DHS if you wanted to make that trek. BW is the best located on property in my opinion. 5-10 minute walk to Epcot and 15 minute walk to DHS.

We will be there at the same time staying at the GF and the BWV. We love the location for the holidays because there is so much to do at Epcot. We have stayed at YC, BC, and BWI. The BC is not stuffy at all, but may seem like the most crowded due to all the kids. I would suggest the BC if your more interested in the decor. Just note that the walk to Epcot would be 5 minutes, but it would be a much longer walk to DHS if you wanted to make that trek. BW is the best located on property in my opinion. 5-10 minute walk to Epcot and 15 minute walk to DHS.

See for us Epcot has the least for us to do which is why we're skipping it entirely this trip and isn't worth a 3 day park ticket vs. a 2 day that we got. Epcot has always just been that kind of park for our family and we save it for our big 10 day trips :)

I loved staying at the Boardwalk. When I first booked it I had a lot of doubts because the pictures of the room were not my style at all. I kept calling them grandma room's lol. But I ended up keeping the reservation and LOVED the stay. It's near my top favorite hotel now. Also, it's really close to walk to Hollywood Studios from.

This makes me feel better because that's exactly what I compared it too - the wooden headboard, the striped walls - I was like omg if Nana lived in Disney this would be her room! :rotfl2:

See for us Epcot has the least for us to do which is why we're skipping it entirely this trip and isn't worth a 3 day park ticket vs. a 2 day that we got. Epcot has always just been that kind of park for our family and we save it for our big 10 day trips :)
Have you ever been over the holidays? There is a lot to do when you're going that I would suggest seeing. The Holidays Around the World (whatever the new festival is called) is not to be missed. The storytellers are entertaining and educational.

thank you all for the input -- im feeling better about BWI (for now at least), I just have to stop looking at the room pics and I'll probably be that much better. LOL. Both me and DH grew up in Brooklyn and a short bus ride away from the real "boardwalk" so this will either be nostalgic or a total miss, at least for me. :)

Have you ever been over the holidays? There is a lot to do when you're going that I would suggest seeing. The Holidays Around the World (whatever the new festival is called) is not to be missed. The storytellers are entertaining and educational.

We have - we went last year for a long Thanksgiving weekend. Problem in addition to us not loving Epcot is we just dont have enough days to do it all -- and if we were to cut back one park, it was going to be Epcot. Instead, as of now we're hoping for good weather and we'll be cutting back 2 parks (Animal Kingdom & Epcot) so we can spend the day after MVMCP relaxing pool side and checking out the Boardwalk area. :)

Most of our trips we stay at BC or BCV. A couple of times couldn't get a room at BC so stayed at YC and the YC would be the more stuffy of the two. We see more smaller kids & families at BC compared to YC.
Stayed at BC December 2010 and the entire resort smelled so good with gingerbread. There was a gingerbread carousel that was adorable. Wish I could remember what BW did for holiday decorations but I'm going blank.

Give BWI a chance. The hotel atmosphere is great, and the Boardwalk itself lends an air to the hotel that you won't get anywhere else. Proximity to Epcot and DHS is a terrific bonus. I agree with PPs that once you stay here, you won't be sorry.

that's exactly what I said! he wont listen and i loved the inside of BC. is BWI closer to DHS than BC? And if so, by how much? (walking wise?) This is such a super short stay for us and the only parks we're going to are MK (for MVMCP) and DHS on Sunday.
I have stayed at all 3. The path to HS starts behind bwi/bwv. I have done that walk and I only do if boat is full. From bc/yc you are adding quite a bit more.

I walk from CR to MK, gf and poly and the bw area resorts into Epcot without thinking twice. The bwi to HS is a little further for comparison.

I have stayed at all 3. The path to HS starts behind bwi/bwv. I have done that walk and I only do if boat is full. From bc/yc you are adding quite a bit more.

I walk from CR to MK, gf and poly and the bw area resorts into Epcot without thinking twice. The bwi to HS is a little further for comparison.

Thank you - we always walk from CR to MK, wanted to try the walk from GF to Poly but never got there. Hopefully next year :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter