RIP aussie dollar

I remember when I went to WDW in 2002 I got sooo excited to buy my travellers cheques at .53c..!!! :hyper: About a month before we went it was below .50!! :scared1: Still managed to have a great time and buy up big, so really, the rate now is such a bonus even if it is below $1!! (But I am talking from a position of having paid for everything for this trip except for a bit of spending money! I did buy up when it was over $1 ::yes::)
I still watch the exchange rates every day to check! This morning on Sunrise they did say the Reserve Bank reckons that it will go back up again soon! Here's hoping it does!!!

For the first time in (my) living memory, the value of our dollar has gone down AFTER I have bought foreign currency.

It's a good feeling Kiwianna!! :thumbsup2 Reading the posts from other Kiwis I feel for you with your exchange rates! :(

In 1999 and our first DVC purchase the dollar was $0.49, thought it was great when it went to 65 cents 3 years later.

he was talking about that again this morning:rotfl:

i havent told him I havent paid off the cruise yet...so what he doesnt know wont make his eye twitch:thumbsup2

i only need the dollar to stay $1.01 until the end of june, then it can do what it likes::yes::

When we went to the UK in 2007 we were getting 41 pence for our dollar:scared1:

The upside was I lost weight as we couldn't afford to eat over there :rotfl2:

In 2008 we went to the USA just after the Lehman Brothers collapse. We arrived at LAX to learn that the dollar had tumbled from the .80s to the .60s while we were on the plane! :rolleyes2

So just a warning to anyone hitting the USA in mid September - we do NOT bring good luck to the dollar ;)

Andona

for those of you who are bad luck, please change your departure travel dates to at least 9th oct......because as we all know, its all about me!::yes:::duck:

Are you talkin' to me? :laughing:

What date do you fly out?

no..talking to the bad luck nellies,[you know who you are.]... who make the dollar run away and cry like a baby :sad1:.....we fly out 13th sept...3.30pm ANZ....
you go the day before........

to be honest, i did most of my trip figuring for the 2011 trip at 80c on the dollar, so when the dollar hit parity just before we left, we ended up with awesome spending monies and i didn't mind so much our $500 room service bill.

this trip, i got a little greedy, and based all my calculations on parity.

so i'm :worship: that the dollar reaches parity for at least a week or so in mid june/july so that i can pay off my flights and change my dollars over :)

:laughing:you'd hate me to be sitting next to you on a long haul flight.......chatter chatter chatter........my poor DH

:laughing:you'd hate me to be sitting next to you on a long haul flight.......chatter chatter chatter........my poor DH

lol... actually i'd love that... carlo sits down, puts his headphones in and watches IFE for the duration... i have to talk to myself for a good conversation :)

lol... actually i'd love that... carlo sits down, puts his headphones in and watches IFE for the duration... i have to talk to myself for a good conversation :)

ahh, a woman after my own heart..the problem with me talking to myself is, i know all the punchlines....and i cheat at ninja fruit thingy......

DH...headphones on, head back, not to be seen for 12 hrs....BORING..maybe this trip I'll shave his eyebrows and draw on a mustache:yay:

ahh, a woman after my own heart..the problem with me talking to myself is, i know all the punchlines....and i cheat at ninja fruit thingy......

DH...headphones on, head back, not to be seen for 12 hrs....BORING..maybe this trip I'll shave his eyebrows and draw on a mustache:yay:

lol. maybe our trip in sept 2013 will overlap..

i love it. maybe i'll do the same to carlo!!

i mean.. of course i wouldn't do that, carlo, in case you're reading..

*shifty eyes, shifty eyes*

no..talking to the bad luck nellies,[you know who you are.]... who make the dollar run away and cry like a baby :sad1:.....we fly out 13th sept...3.30pm ANZ....
you go the day before........

Oh Karen! We fly out on the 14th. And we're flying ANZ too - it probably makes it worse.... Sooooo sorry! :rotfl:

My advice, buy dollars NOW!!!!

My oldest DS works at the Commonwealth bank and we usually get our cash through him. He's off work this week so I won't be buying cash till next week, just a heads up! :)

Andona

Oh Karen! We fly out on the 14th. And we're flying ANZ too - it probably makes it worse.... Sooooo sorry! :rotfl:

My advice, buy dollars NOW!!!!

My oldest DS works at the Commonwealth bank and we usually get our cash through him. He's off work this week so I won't be buying cash till next week, just a heads up! :)

Andona

ok...here's my very cunning plan....

we put Andona into time out until we leave......ok that wont work...

we put me into time out until she leaves.....nope

we make andona buy the euro until we all leave, thus causing the european market to crash, leaving it open for germany to buy greece & spain and turn them into a large IKEA....

yep, thats the plan:dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter