RIP aussie dollar

I almost refuse to buy shoes here now, if I can find something on Endless thats where I go, always cheap and must always add something on to get it over $100 for the free shipping :lmao:

DH golf shopping again, online, as i'm sitting here ;)

He has his won credit card for the trip, I think I don't want to know about it.

i didn't even know about this endless site...

is it that much better than retail shopping here? i find shopping for shoes really difficult, as i have a wider front to my foot and a narrow ankle...

i didn't even know about this endless site...

is it that much better than retail shopping here? i find shopping for shoes really difficult, as i have a wider front to my foot and a narrow ankle...

So many brands, fits, colours!

You, my friend, have been missing out!

:lmao:

Marc Jacobs sunglasses, I picked some out for Christmas last year, $60USD thanks very much :cool1:

I have been buying from Endless for about a year now, such a great site. I have bought dozens of pairs of shoes from them. Also thanks to this board I also buy lots (mainly for the kids) from Lands End when they have sales ( love their Squall & polarfleece jackets).

I bought Keens shoes for our trip to the US with all the walking we'll be doing and they are Soooo much cheaper on Endless.
Also just about all the girls clothes come from the US, I have people who share shipping with me from places like Gymboree & crazy8. I've also get stuff from Gap, Old Navy and The children's place using hop shop Go occasionally, sometimes they have promotions and you can get shipping waivers, but you have to stock pile to make it worth while. Some places use 51 shipping but its really exy.

Of course there is Amazon and thebookdepository. Lands End shipping is reasonable and next direct has free shipping.

My daughter loves American Girl dolls and their shipping is expensive, but you can contact their personal shopper service and they will fedex it to you cheaper, I got a doll, two outfit and a brush shipped for $20.

So yep hope the $$ stays high and they don't shut overseas shopping down!

Of course there is Amazon and thebookdepository. Lands End shipping is reasonable and next direct has free shipping.

LOVE the book depository. Cheap and quick. Amazon is also great, but i think their shipping rates are a little high (from what i remember).

The Book Depository is now owned by Amazon. I think the sale went through last year. Shipping is still cheaper on BD.

shipping on the book depository is free. ;)

I prefer sites like brandsexclusive and ozsale for shoes, they may not always be available, and postage takes a while, but I usually buy heels and stuff for around $15 each - bargain!

Free? You know....I can't remember. Been so long since I bought a physical book! Either that or its my age showing again. :rotfl2:

listening to an Aussie economist...he was saying the dollar by 2014 would be at $1.50 ..maybe as high as $1.70....depending on who was USA president....that would be great for us travelers but horrible for our export market.:scared1:

think of the online shopping at those rates :goodvibes

Ooh Karen! Don't get my hopes up! $1.50 would be amazing! Bt yes the exports would suffer so badly, I wonder if we could even sustain it at that level. The economy would suffer if our exports were cut and then surely that would force the $ back down again..........but I would still love it! :rotfl2:

I bought Keens shoes for our trip to the US with all the walking we'll be doing and they are Soooo much cheaper on Endless.
Also just about all the girls clothes come from the US, I have people who share shipping with me from places like Gymboree & crazy8. I've also get stuff from Gap, Old Navy and The children's place using hop shop Go occasionally, sometimes they have promotions and you can get shipping waivers, but you have to stock pile to make it worth while. Some places use 51 shipping but its really exy.

My daughter loves American Girl dolls and their shipping is expensive, but you can contact their personal shopper service and they will fedex it to you cheaper, I got a doll, two outfit and a brush shipped for $20.

So yep hope the $$ stays high and they don't shut overseas shopping down!

My DD7 is in love with American Girl dolls too, we went shopping there on our last trip and she got a couple of twin babies. She has been online looking at what she wants to save up for this trip and she has her heart set on a doll sized wheelchair! I was a bit worried about how much precious suitcase space it would take up, so thanks for the tip about the personal shopper - you're a gem:cheer2:

We can still go to the store and pick out some things because that's too much fun to miss out on.

I'm really kicking myself over the US dollar situation. I have the money in the bank to get our US dollars and to set up our ANZ travel card visa but since you have to use the travel cards within 12 months of setting them up, I was waiting until we were under the year mark for our other holiday to Europe so I could get the US, Pound, and Euro cards at the same time. That would have been start of April. Then I got slammed with work and kept thinking, yes I must get to that.

Now the dollar has dropped so much, grrrrr. And I would imagine the euro will too once the whole Greece leaving the euro behind thing happens.

I am so busy at the moment with work, the thought of having to handle this at the moment feels like just one more thing too many ;).

Do you think I need to hightail it to the bank now or do you think the US dollar may stabilise soon and creep up a little?

I would love the thoughts of those who understand this stuff so much more than I do.

paid for an ebay purchase last night, and the dollar was below $1 us...nearly freaked out, not used to not paying less than US$...I dont like this:sad1:

I'm really kicking myself over the US dollar situation. I have the money in the bank to get our US dollars and to set up our ANZ travel card visa but since you have to use the travel cards within 12 months of setting them up, I was waiting until we were under the year mark for our other holiday to Europe so I could get the US, Pound, and Euro cards at the same time. That would have been start of April. Then I got slammed with work and kept thinking, yes I must get to that.

Now the dollar has dropped so much, grrrrr. And I would imagine the euro will too once the whole Greece leaving the euro behind thing happens.

I am so busy at the moment with work, the thought of having to handle this at the moment feels like just one more thing too many ;).

Do you think I need to hightail it to the bank now or do you think the US dollar may stabilise soon and creep up a little?

I would love the thoughts of those who understand this stuff so much more than I do.

It's a guessing game at the moment but our government did the budget for the next year on the $ being US$1.03 so hopefully it will go back up for all our sakes after this week I've got over $3000 coming back in refunds this week with all our changed plans :eek:
I guess you have to do whatever your the most comfortable with.

I wish I knew the answers to those questions too!:confused3

There's that depressing article in the SMH today - the chief currency strategist at the Commonwealth is gloomily predicting a drop to below 90c if Greece pulls out of the Eurozone.

We still haven't organised any cash but I did pay off the remainder of my package for WDW ten minutes ago. :yay: :cool1: :yay:

I have prepaid about 80% of our accommodation costs for the remainder of the trip, and our rental car which is a massive part of our expenses ( The one way charge from Miami to Los Angeles is a doozy!! :scared1: ) So I think I'll just wait and see before rushing out to buy cash. There's still 4 months til we go and a lot can happen in that time.

I just keep reminding myself that the best we've ever had previously was about 75c.:scratchin

Andona

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter