RIP aussie dollar

ok...here's my very cunning plan....

we put Andona into time out until we leave......ok that wont work...

we put me into time out until she leaves.....nope

we make andona buy the euro until we all leave, thus causing the european market to crash, leaving it open for germany to buy greece & spain and turn them into a large IKEA....

yep, thats the plan:dance3:

i can't believe that greece is affecting the world this way...

i love ikea... seems like a cunning plan to me :)

just something to think about.....or aboot ....

God bless the swedes....Ikea, Volvo's, blonde, blue eyed ski instructors called Hans/ sven or cluaus....:love:

ok...here's my very cunning plan....

we make andona buy the euro until we all leave, thus causing the european market to crash, leaving it open for germany to buy greece & spain and turn them into a large IKEA....

yep, thats the plan:dance3:

I don't know if it will work, but if I put all my Aus$ in the DILLKÖTT and let them boil awhile on the FRAMTID then maybe they won't send the Us$ down the FINTORP.

Then we can all raise our BEDÅRANDE for a toast to the exchange rate.

I'm exhausted so i'm going to NYVOLL.... :lmao:

Andona

I don't know if it will work, but if I put all my Aus$ in the DILLKÖTT and let them boil awhile on the FRAMTID then maybe they won't send the Us$ down the FINTORP.

Then we can all raise our BEDÅRANDE for a toast to the exchange rate.

I'm exhausted so i'm going to NYVOLL.... :lmao:

Andona

damn you Babel fish...........:surfweb: and all your words.:mad:

Did you see Today Tonight tonight? They had a part on it how Ikea is ripping off Australians compared to the rest of the world. No different than all the others.

I :love: Ikea to death... So much fun stuff in there.

Did you see Today Tonight tonight? They had a part on it how Ikea is ripping off Australians compared to the rest of the world. No different than all the others.

Amen to that statement - I nearly died when I saw how much they were charging in IKEA in Aussie. People are actually importing it into NZ from Oz and selling it at a further mark-up on TradeMe. :scared1: I love IKEA but never managed to get the full parts in any flatpack when I lived in the UK, we always had to go back for the remaining bits.

Another reason we head to the US so much. Buy a Nike t-shirt there $10, buy it here $60... It's unfair the cost of things here.

as long as the aussie $ stays above 75c its cheaper to shop in the USA....i do love my tommy h. jumpers for $19usd..here i would pay (if i was stupid) over $130 aud

Another reason we head to the US so much. Buy a Nike t-shirt there $10, buy it here $60... It's unfair the cost of things here.

Yup, and they wonder why people aren't spending...

I reckon they're spending, in the USA.

Yup, and they wonder why people aren't spending...

I reckon they're spending, in the USA.

Yep... people don't believe me when I tell people how cheap things are there. But the Aust Govt :mad: wants to stop us from buying overseas. I'll stop buying overseas when the shops here reduce the prices here. Until then... I won't (well try not to) shop here.

Yep... people don't believe me when I tell people how cheap things are there. But the Aust Govt :mad:. wants to stop us from buying overseas. I'll stop buying overseas when the shops here reduce the prices here. Until then... I won't (well try not to) shop here.

My DH online "window" shopping as i'm typing this LOL

The govt needs to reduce the import taxes/other taxes and the retailers need to reduce the ridiculous markup.

I hate comparing prices to what i've seen o/s, even silly little things like chapsticks :laughing: we bought 5 for $5 at Walmart and my DH pays around $5 each at the supermarket.

The govt needs to reduce the import taxes/other taxes and the retailers need to reduce the ridiculous markup.

I hate comparing prices to what i've seen o/s, even silly little things like chapsticks :laughing: we bought 5 for $5 at Walmart and my DH pays around $5 each at the supermarket.

Tell your DH that you are no longer alone. I have a drawer of chapsticks here. :cheer2:

:lmao:

I so agree with the taxes, etc, etc.

I do the same thing your DH is doing. Getting lots of ideas of what I want to buy.

The little things bugs me as well. Your chapstick is a perfect example. Chocolate would be another. :rotfl2:

I enjoy hunting for the bargains, and they make it so damn easy with the outlet places....why do they tempt us with 80% off, this years fashions???
Oh the agony of choosing to get 3 pairs or 4???
Cruel I tell you. Just not natural to have to pick favourites...

Damn you telstra and your minions of mediocrity .........

I still can't get over how cheap the postage is from Endless when I buy shoes from them. I pay this measly postage amount and yet it comes by courier (not post) in just a few days time plus I can track it online to see where it is. Plus normally they send the shoe box in a box that is way bigger. If I was to try and courier that same box to the U.S. from here in N.Z, it would cost $$$$$$$$!!! So an extremely cheap courier price combined with a much cheaper shoe price than here in N.Z. makes it little wonder why online shopping is booming.

one of my big gripes is alcohol pricing.

i don't drink a lot, but i'm more of a mixed drink kinda gal when i'm on holiday. if it's frothy and yummy in a big glass with an umbrella or a cherry, i'm in!!

but my dad loves his bourbon & is a huge fan of wild turkey, and especially the wild turkey honey liqueur. so i bought him some for his birthday just before we left... $55 on sale for the regular 'turkey and $90 for the liqueur... not bad, and a nice b'day present.

4 weeks later we're in vegas and we're in one of those ABC newsagent/supermarket/giant megastore thingos and wild turkey... $14.99 for the same bottle, and $39 for the liqueur version. now.. that was slightly reduced due to a sale but still.... over 50% less. didn't buy it as i didn't want to risk breakage in the luggage..thought we'd pick it up duty free... duty free store in bne international - same bottle, on sale, duty free for $40 regular. no liqueur. not much of a 'savings', so didn't buy it :mad: so not happy jan!!

this year, i'm taking some padded bottle boxes to bring it back.

I still can't get over how cheap the postage is from Endless when I buy shoes from them. I pay this measly postage amount and yet it comes by courier (not post) in just a few days time plus I can track it online to see where it is. Plus normally they send the shoe box in a box that is way bigger. If I was to try and courier that same box to the U.S. from here in N.Z, it would cost $$$$$$$$!!! So an extremely cheap courier price combined with a much cheaper shoe price than here in N.Z. makes it little wonder why online shopping is booming.

where have you been all my life!!!:eek: that site is AWESOME..i've sent it to my department so today will be "Shoe Day":surfweb:

thanks so much for this...does anyone else know of great sites like this one??? I feel the need to shop princess:

where have you been all my life!!!:eek: that site is AWESOME..i've sent it to my department so today will be "Shoe Day":surfweb:

thanks so much for this...does anyone else know of great sites like this one??? I feel the need to shop princess:

Its a pleasure to be of service and happy shopping :goodvibes :surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter