Rise of Resistance line method poll

Preferred system for Rise of the Resistance?

• Current Standby System

Votes: 185 46.5%
  • FP+ system (expect FPs gone at 67 days and 5+ hour standby)

Votes: 98 24.6%
  • Standby only (expect 3+ hour average wait)

Votes: 22 5.5%
  • Boarding pass lottery distributed evening before (requiring 2 day DHS commitment)

Votes: 13 3.3%
  • Pre-selling boarding passes, $50 per pass plus ticket required

Votes: 21 5.3%
  • Obtaining boarding pass when booking trip (encouraging booking way in advance)

Votes: 59 14.8%

• Total voters
If the only way is to drag everyone to the park to go through the gates, then they should be able to hand out vouchers to the losers that want to take their Magic one park one day and no park hopping tickets to another park.
and they might do that if you go straight to guest relations and ask

If the only way is to drag everyone to the park to go through the gates, then they should be able to hand out vouchers to the losers that want to take their Magic one park one day and no park hopping tickets to another park.
I like that idea although you would need to verify lack of success getting a Boarding Group, which might be cumbersome and tie up a lot of staff (Evil thought - make them then line up at Guest Services tens or hundreds deep for several hours to get the voucher...)

I like that idea although you would need to verify lack of success getting a Boarding Group, which might be cumbersome and tie up a lot of staff (Evil thought - make them then line up at Guest Services for several hours to get the voucher...)

It’s really not that hard. Park open at 8AM. Losers need to exit the park by 8:30 and they hand you a dated slip on your way out that allows you to enter another park. Then they hand in that voucher at the other park. What’s the big deal. They do it for recovery when they clear the queue.

It’s really not that hard. Park open at 8AM. Losers need to exit the park by 8:30 and they hand you a dated slip on your way out that allows you to enter another park. Then they hand in that voucher at the other park. What’s the big deal. They do it for recovery when they clear the queue.

How many people will be exiting at that time?

Instead of handing it in mark it used that park so they can get back in.

How many people will be exiting at that time?
I have no clue. I have never seen anyone post on here about how many people leave the park after boarding groups are all gone. I don't know if it's 20 or 2000

Nobody’s dragging anybody. Everyone is walking through the gates of their own free will and can choose to go anywhere else they wish instead. If the risk of not getting a ROTR pass and hanging around HS all day without it is intolerable, that’s why god made Park hoppers.

Well whatever the solution. Disney has a big problem on their hands. All the disgruntled guests are now jamming the Guest Services lines. Staff to accommodate people getting online at 2am or deal with the angry mob. Now people that really need Guest Services have to wait in hour long lines.

In general I don’t have a problem with the VQ system and really like some aspects of it (that it is detached from FP, that it is not planned in advance, obviously how it lessens time spent in line).

The speed in which things are running out because of the poor (worsening, maybe) reliability and large crowds is worrisome though. We have gone from as long as you’re there before opening you’re golden to managing expectations. I think it’s the best system, but wish there could be a perfect one somehow removing the need for an entire days worth (and more) of ROTR riders to be present at DHS at opening. Unfortunately there would have to be some serious restrictions on joining if the lottery moved outside the park.

What do I think the solution is? Disney IT should make MAJOR changes in MDX and its performance, giving everyone in the park at opening a fair and equal chance of getting a BG.
The boarding group system is a de facto lottery, so Disney should simply acknowledge that and switch to an actual lottery.
Guests tap in and sign up for a boarding group immediately, but do not receive a BG until official park opening. All BGs at official opening are assigned by lottery. Some win, some lose, but it isn't a 30 second scramble to pound the servers to get a BG. Slow tech and confused guests have 45 minutes prior to park opening to get their stuff together.
Any BG's (the last ones) not assigned at opening are there for the taking for the guests signing up after the lottery.

This is exactly the same as the current system, but with less stress.

The boarding group system is a de facto lottery, so Disney should simply acknowledge that and switch to an actual lottery.
Guests tap in and sign up for a boarding group immediately, but do not receive a BG until official park opening. All BGs at official opening are assigned by lottery. Some win, some lose, but it isn't a 30 second scramble to pound the servers to get a BG. Slow tech and confused guests have 45 minutes prior to park opening to get their stuff together.
Any BG's (the last ones) not assigned at opening are there for the taking for the guests signing up after the lottery.

I really like this idea.

I would not like this.

However small, there is still *some* level of control guests have in the current system. Provided you don’t have tech issues, you may have an advantage over someone going in blind. And I am all for rewarding research.

If it became a true lottery, I want the entry “cost” lowered. It feels worse than missing out currently to drag the family out of bed to get to DHS only to lose a lottery I had no way to control.

A lot of people have reported having a slower phone in their group being the successful one. Since getting the red button seems to be a bit of timing luck, it may not actually be the fastest phone that always has the advantage.
A faster phone has the advantage. It just doesn't always win.

I don't think you would need a voucher either. Simply have a tap point or CM's with scanners at the exit for "un-entering" the park. All the needed information is on your account. The 'system' would know if you got a BG or not.

Random thought, it will actually be pretty disappointing if any major changes happen in the BG grab process like the ones we have all discussed. Since the biggest fix would be less downtime, it would say (to me at least) that if Disney is putting resources into tweaking the BG system they are not confident in their ability to increase reliability anytime soon.

Now I’m speculating about speculations. 😂

I don't think you would need a voucher either. Simply have a tap point or CM's with scanners at the exit for "un-entering" the park. All the needed information is on your account. The 'system' would know if you got a BG or not.
This feature already exists! It’s called park hoppers.

I would not like this.

However small, there is still *some* level of control guests have in the current system. Provided you don’t have tech issues, you may have an advantage over someone going in blind. And I am all for rewarding research.

If it became a true lottery, I want the entry “cost” lowered. It feels worse than missing out currently to drag the family out of bed to get to DHS only to lose a lottery I had no way to control.
Agree completely. I like knowing I might have a slight advantage over someone who hasn't done the research ahead of time.

It wouldn’t make any difference. The percentage of repeat riders every day is probably less than 1%. The issue this week is Presidents’ Day level crowds.

Combined with the upcoming Princess RunDisney crowd (we are both) plus some poor performing days have FP returners from prior days to account for as well

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter