Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 2 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-3*

Quite a day. Second best day on record. Fifth day in a row of 130 or more bgs called. We've had two such streaks so far, and this is our third. The others also ended at 5 days, so if tomorrow goes to 130 or higher it will be a first.

Tomorrow will be our last day for a while. I'm curious to see if the crowds are super light due to health concerns or super heavy since it is the last day before everything shuts down for at least 2.5 weeks, possibly longer. I'm also curious to see if they run it like the stole it tomorrow and try to go out with a top performance by staying open late or if they play it safe and go with business as usual.

The thought did cross my mind that maybe I should take tomorrow off work, find a red-eye flight, and give it a go tomorrow, but I'm just a little too sensible for that...but only barely.

Hope everyone is doing alright. May the Force be with you.
Was your trip cancelled ironband? I was so looking forward to hearing your thoughts. We've postponed until August.

Please let this all be over by August.

Was your trip cancelled ironband? I was so looking forward to hearing your thoughts. We've postponed until August.

Please let this all be over by August.
As of this moment our trip is still on for April 15-16, but that all depends on how things go over the next 31 days. We're scheduled to go to the taping of Battlebots on the 14th - If that gets canceled and the closure gets extended, we'll cancel our hotels and arrangements and probably plan to go in the summer or just wait until our customary Christmas/New Year trip.

By August you should be golden, unless things get really weird. If we're still dealing with this at the end of the summer, I imagine vacation plans will be the least of our worries.

Got to ride today, BG 31. I'm still not sure I would call it the best attraction ever probably partially due to the fact that I was cold & wet since my umbrella decided that it should drown me rather than keep me dry. I may attempt another BG tomorrow before I hopefully head home on Saturday barring an airport/airline shutdown. Wasn't really expecting a total shutdown of Disneyland even though it was always remote possibility. I guess maybe I'm a jinx since I got stuck here 9/11 3 extra days almost 20 years ago.

Took advantage of the EMH to get scanned in at the monorail around 7:30, got in the park around 7:45 and found a spot with great signal at the seats by Galactic Grill and ended up with BG 16. Our group was called around 9:45 which was perfect since we were at Plaza Inn for Breakfast and could go right over when we were done. Rained all morning so it was a bit of a soggy walk but it was worth it.

BTW, we left the park around noon to get out of the rain at the hotel. Went back after it stopped around 5 and the crowds were completely gone. Nice way to spend the evening!

In other news, they are going HAM with a 42 group spread and hitting 124 groups with almost 3.5 hours to go today.

I guess they figure they are going to shut it down, might as well run it hard.
Quite a day. Second best day on record. Fifth day in a row of 130 or more bgs called. We've had two such streaks so far, and this is our third. The others also ended at 5 days, so if tomorrow goes to 130 or higher it will be a first...
This is probably the best news I've read on this board all day. :)

I'm here now. It's not as crowded so far. Opened gates at 7:20, then held us at main Street till 7:30. Now at rope in front of Partners statue
Security guard said that they didn't hear from Disney till this morning and he learned it on the news.

I see backups now, but didn't catch the time of the switch.

As of this moment our trip is still on for April 15-16, but that all depends on how things go over the next 31 days. We're scheduled to go to the taping of Battlebots on the 14th - If that gets canceled and the closure gets extended, we'll cancel our hotels and arrangements and probably plan to go in the summer or just wait until our customary Christmas/New Year trip.
Just got word that the Battlebots tournament has been postponed. Now I have to try and cancel a hotel that I booked with points. All the fun. Told my wife this morning and she (who makes fun of my DL obsession) and she says "But if Disney opens back up we're still going, right?" I said we'll have to see how it goes, I'm not confident we'll be open by then, but hope springs eternal.

With regular groups looking like they're still available and FP looking pretty open (RSR 9:05-10:05) it looks like the "go before the closure" crowd is either not happening or hasn't hit yet.
I think that the fact that Disneyland is closing (along with so many other venues/events) has made the perceived threat more real in the eyes of folks and that a fair number are staying away out of caution/fear. I'd be a little on the fence about it. I don't tend to be alarmist, but the fact that such drastic measures are being taken all around us is compelling.

In any case, backups still available, and probably will be for a while.

Just want to take a moment to thank all of you for your posts here. I have been following this thread fairly religiously since the ride opened, playing at home and eagerly anticipating our trip which was to begin tomorrow ☹️. I know that there are much worse things going on in the world and this is the right thing to do from a big picture standpoint, but it still sucks. My son and I have been gearing up for Star Wars land and ROTR ride for years as I know many of you have as well. To get so close to going and then having the rug pulled out has been a bitter pill to swallow but at least I have been able to enjoy all of your posts and successes. I know we will make it back eventually but today seems extra dreary so thanks for letting me vent a little😢

Just want to take a moment to thank all of you for your posts here. I have been following this thread fairly religiously since the ride opened, playing at home and eagerly anticipating our trip which was to begin tomorrow ☹. I know that there are much worse things going on in the world and this is the right thing to do from a big picture standpoint, but it still sucks. My son and I have been gearing up for Star Wars land and ROTR ride for years as I know many of you have as well. To get so close to going and then having the rug pulled out has been a bitter pill to swallow but at least I have been able to enjoy all of your posts and successes. I know we will make it back eventually but today seems extra dreary so thanks for letting me vent a little😢

I feel you. My son is a huge Battlebots fan and Star Wars nut and the plan for Easter break was to surprise him with the VIP Battlebots tickets and then follow up with Disneyland. Disneyland still isn't off the table, but I'm not confident that the shut down won't go beyond the end of the month. It's a crappy situation and I have all the mixed feelings "It's probably the right thing to do" vs. "Damn the coronavirus, full speed ahead!"

I am trying to focus on the fact that this down time will give WDI a chance to do some continuous work on ROTR that they otherwise couldn't do, and hopefully allow it to reopen as a more reliable, more efficient attraction. I am hopeful that with almost two months of operation here and over three months of operation at DHS that they have a good amount of data and can shore up the weakest links. I will be very disappointed if they just mothball it and don't make some lemonade out of these lemons.

Our bright suns will rise again.

They are about to get an 18-day paid vacation. Coronavirus or not, I’m sure most CMs are happy about that part.
Yeah, I had the same thought. I'm sure some of them will have to come in on a rotating schedule to do some upkeep, but most of the guest facing CMs really will have no reason to come in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter