• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

If they expand the skyline to SSR, then SSR and OKW will be very desirable, or it makes all resorts equally desirable, MK resorts will have the monorail (which I hope they never get rid of) and Epcot/DS resorts will have gondola. I wonder how long of a ride it would be. I venture to guess that Port Orleans and the other moderates will get something too as they now have the value resorts on the skyline. part of what made the value resorts value was their lack of transportation and lack of sit down eating.

Except even rumors had it going to Disney Springs not actually SSR. Its like saying CCV is a monorail resort at that point (there is a boat/walking path to different monorail station areas).

Already laid out the math how it would be fairly worthless with likely a 40+min trip at best to Epcot and thats from the station and would not account for getting to Disney Springs Station from far reaches of SSR.

Thanks for sharing your experience! Ours are 12, 11 and 18. They all love Disney— at this point. We have 3 other contracts but only one of them is direct. We were going to buy another resale, but then we thought it would be cool to give each child a direct contract down the road (and the RIV price is really good right now).But then we were thinking, maybe they would not want the burden of the dues? You are right though, they can just sell.
We purchased when the kids were 6 and 8; they are now 19 and 21 and both still love Disney; but they literally grew up with Epcot in the back yard. when small we spent our time in MK; as they grew they loved Epcot for the science and of course the Japan store (both kids love Anime). Part of what kept them loving Disney was also giving them freedom there- when the oldest turned 13 I would allow the two of them to walk into Epcot or HS and we would meet them there later. When my oldest turned 18 he wanted to be placed on my membership - so I was going to add him to one of my use years - I have not yet added him to my membership only because of when he applies for loans for graduate school - I do not want him to have any assets. Same for my younger. I also thought about a 200 point contract at RR to eventually hand over to them, but at this point the timing is not right. Looking back I do wish I purchased a fix week at CCV over New Years week

Already laid out the math how it would be fairly worthless with likely a 40+min trip at best to Epcot and thats from the station and would not account for getting to Disney Springs Station from far reaches of SSR.
I don't know about worthless. I would do it even at 40 min, it might be a nice ride. But I do think they would extend to AKV via Coronado first over DS (if they ever extend it)

I don't know about worthless. I would do it even at 40 min, it might be a nice ride. But I do think they would extend to AKV via Coronado first over DS (if they ever extend it)

When I say worthless I mean as the primary transportation option to get to the parks. As far as an experience there is a value in that which is why I think you would see people ride it in the afternoon/night as opposed to mornings.

Also I was guessing 40+ mins just between points have to add in travel time from SSR to the Disney Springs as well.

I would question if SSR would want to pick up the extra costs of having the skyliner. I would suspect that SSR would get saddled with a good portion of the expense as even though it goes to Disney Springs they would bill it as a tandem drop-off. I doubt it would eliminate any busses as well but maybe.

As a Riviera owner I would love it as a good way to get to Disney Springs without a bus.

Also I was guessing 40+ mins just between points have to add in travel time from SSR to the Disney Springs as well.
If you were staying in Congress Park it would only be a 2-5 minute walk.

The nice thing about the Skyliner is that it's predictable. You don't have to give yourself an hour in case the buses take forever to come and there are multiple ECV stops. So it may take as long or even longer sometimes, but you'll be able to plan a lot better.

I don't think it's in our immediate future but I would not be surprised if Disney expands the Skyliner in the next 5-8 years. Since 4 years in Disney time is enough for a plan to change 1,460 times, it's anyone's guess as to where.

The nice thing about the Skyliner is that it's predictable. You don't have to give yourself an hour in case the buses take forever to come and there are multiple ECV stops. So it may take as long or even longer sometimes, but you'll be able to plan a lot better.

I don't think it's in our immediate future but I would not be surprised if Disney expands the Skyliner in the next 5-8 years. Since 4 years in Disney time is enough for a plan to change 1,460 times, it's anyone's guess as to where.
The more I think about it the more I think if disney expands the skyliner it will be direct routes. From a resort to a park on its on line. If you start connecting more resorts to the current line its going to bog them down. If you connect more hotels to the Epcot and HS line currently its going to slow the quickness down at park close and open. So say like AKL to AK line. Or a AKL to CSR to HS line. I'm not sure it would make sense if you had to go from AKL to HS to CBR to Epcot. That could bog down the HS-EPCOT line. Plus it seems like it would same a nice amount of time changing at stations.

The more I think about it the more I think if disney expands the skyliner it will be direct routes. From a resort to a park on its on line. If you start connecting more resorts to the current line its going to bog them down. If you connect more hotels to the Epcot and HS line currently its going to slow the quickness down at park close and open. So say like AKL to AK line. Or a AKL to CSR to HS line. I'm not sure it would make sense if you had to go from AKL to HS to CBR to Epcot. That could bog down the HS-EPCOT line. Plus it seems like it would same a nice amount of time changing at stations.

I think thats the point though of CBR to DS. Its not meant for SSR and if built Disney likely feels SSR guests will rarely use it (after the first trip).

Its also why I don't think they connect a AKV/Cornado/All Star line to just HS and instead go to Epcot if its just one park but possibly have Coronado to both HS and Epcot (like CBR). I could also then see a future All Stars -> WWS -> AOA/POP connection.

Disney also needs to redesign these stations though IMO to make a larger system work.

BTW a line like outlined above makes sense as well since the Value has to go to a moderate switch station to go to parks.

I talked to a resale agent he said they are selling for around 125 130s pp for resale riviera??? Can you believe that

I think thats the point though of CBR to DS. Its not meant for SSR and if built Disney likely feels SSR guests will rarely use it (after the first trip).
However, should Disney build the DS station on SSR side of the ‘bridge’ members will foot part of the bill in extended dues.

I can't see a DS line. What would stop people from parking there and using the skyliner to access the park system? It would totally clog up the lines with non-resort guests. I'd much rather see an SSR - OKW - PO - MK route, or an AK - AKL - COR - EP route.

Putting the SSR skyliner entrance at the front of the resort would also balance out the desirability of the carousel and paddock sections with the others. Same at OKW if the skyliner went through the back (I don't have a map in front of me so I don't know if it's feasible).

As far as RR, having a connection at AoA/Pop to AK that possibly goes through COR and AKL would be great and open up better dining possibilities that don't require a bus.

*sigh* nothing will happen until we're post-covid however

I know, that’s way too much!!!!

For some, but not for everyone, I would pick up another 100 points there resale if I could get it around $120 for sure!

Granted, I own 775 so plenty of points to use elsewhere but I’d love more to combine with the ones I have direct.

For some, but not for everyone, I would pick up another 100 points there resale if I could get it around $120 for sure!
I think you would have no trouble at that price or lower once the volume of listings goes up.

I can't see a DS line. What would stop people from parking there and using the skyliner to access the park system? It would totally clog up the lines with non-resort guests. I'd much rather see an SSR - OKW - PO - MK route, or an AK - AKL - COR - EP route.

Putting the SSR skyliner entrance at the front of the resort would also balance out the desirability of the carousel and paddock sections with the others. Same at OKW if the skyliner went through the back (I don't have a map in front of me so I don't know if it's feasible).

As far as RR, having a connection at AoA/Pop to AK that possibly goes through COR and AKL would be great and open up better dining possibilities that don't require a bus.

*sigh* nothing will happen until we're post-covid however
I would like a MK route to WL ;) Although if they did maybe replace the guest drop off parking lot of the TTS to serve the MK resorts.

I think I need to rig my ECV to be a combination scooter and little jet ultra light - kind of like those car/boats Amphicars over at DS Except instead of land and sea, I’d be land and air enabled

I like your math in these posts - if you were buying 100 direct points would you just stick with SSR then? Or would you even be tempted to bump it up to 200 for RVA? And would AKV even be on your radar for direct points? - looking for a direct point contract for hopefully future AP benefits. I was thinking RVA made the most sense as I already have 150 resale at SSR - but maybe not?

I like your math in these posts - if you were buying 100 direct points would you just stick with SSR then? Or would you even be tempted to bump it up to 200 for RVA? And would AKV even be on your radar for direct points? - looking for a direct point contract for hopefully future AP benefits. I was thinking RVA made the most sense as I already have 150 resale at SSR - but maybe not?
The only resorts I think make much sense to buy direct are OKW, SSR, AKV, and Riviera, and if you get enough incentives and have use for the blue card, maybe CCV. If you want to stay at Riviera a lot I’d buy Riviera and grab the incentive. If you don’t I’d probably look at one of the other 3. With Riviera I’d buy as many points as you think you’d want; with the others I’d buy 100 and the rest resale.

The only resorts I think make much sense to buy direct are OKW, SSR, AKV, and Riviera, and if you get enough incentives and have use for the blue card, maybe CCV. If you want to stay at Riviera a lot I’d buy Riviera and grab the incentive. If you don’t I’d probably look at one of the other 3. With Riviera I’d buy as many points as you think you’d want; with the others I’d buy 100 and the rest resale.

I did the per point math for those resorts when I was deciding where to get my 100 points direct. At the 100-point mark, with current add-on incentives, they were, least-to-most expensive:
SSR, CCV, PVB, RIV, OKW, BLT, AKV

This was the (price per point/years left) + annual dues per point

CCV and RIV have the bonus of being longer contracts than my resale contracts. The difference between SSR and AKV was just over a dollar, so really, you should buy where you want to stay or don't mind staying if you can't switch at the 7-month mark. That dollar difference can/will shift over time as dues adjust.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter