Road Trip!

We do want to visit Paris. As Paris is now only a 5 hour drive from us (and the big perk we have here is the company car includes ALL of our gas we want to treat Paris as a seperate vacation from Disney Paris. My mom is comming in September and has always wanted to see Paris so we chose to do DLP on this trip and Paris in the fall.

Very cool! :thumbsup2

If you need planning help with Paris, let me recommend www.ricksteves.com I LOVE his site, his books, and his TV shows.

I found this link particularly helpful, http://www.ricksteves.com/plan/destinations/france/parisitin.htm We didn't follow it at all, but it gave us a really good idea of how to plan our days.

Plus there's a lot of general info on this page: http://www.ricksteves.com/plan/destinations/france/france_menu.htm

And seeing how you're already in Europe, you may be familiar with Rick Steves already, but if not, check out his tips for where ever you're going to be. :thumbsup2

While at Disneyland Paris, you're one quick train ride from the Val d'Europe mall. We really enjoyed that!

We will be staying at the Port Orleans - French Quarter($119 per night AP price). We have never even been there. Any good? Any suggestions?

I forgot to say that we loved the POFQ. Try the beignets! They're awesome!:thumbsup2

Very cool! :thumbsup2

If you need planning help with Paris, let me recommend www.ricksteves.com I LOVE his site, his books, and his TV shows.

I found this link particularly helpful, http://www.ricksteves.com/plan/destinations/france/parisitin.htm We didn't follow it at all, but it gave us a really good idea of how to plan our days.

Plus there's a lot of general info on this page: http://www.ricksteves.com/plan/destinations/france/france_menu.htm

And seeing how you're already in Europe, you may be familiar with Rick Steves already, but if not, check out his tips for where ever you're going to be. :thumbsup2

While at Disneyland Paris, you're one quick train ride from the Val d'Europe mall. We really enjoyed that!
Rob, can I just say you are awesome:worship:If you ever want to visit Southern Germany let us know--we'll show you all over and take you to all the good little places to eat (funny thing, the BEST place we have found--soooo yummy---is Italian:rotfl:)
I forgot to say that we loved the POFQ. Try the beignets! They're awesome!:thumbsup2

Oh YES--Jenn get the Beignets. They make them fresh when you order them:cloud9:so yummy.

So... I am thinking:

Tacos + long car ride...

not a great idea! :eek:

Taco's and a long car ride, is like taking an Ambien sleeping pill and Exlax right before going to bed. Neither one is a smart idea.

I love road trips. We take books on cd's, fill our ipod with a 12 hour playlist, stop often to grab snacks and potty breaks. If you see a painted sign on the side of the road that says 15 miles to the LOOOVE SHAAAACK! wait..............sorry, if you see a sign on the side of the road of some interesting thing to stop and see for a few moments, do it!

Not sure where the B52's thing came from.........

You're going to LOVE the Yachtsman steakhouse! As for suggestions. . . have you tried Jiko or Boma yet? Both are excellent, and I hear that Sanna (at Kidani Village) is very good. While you're staying at Saratoga Springs, eat at the Turf Club Bar and Grill! They make an awesome Mint Julep, the calamari and crab cakes are both wonderful, and the entrees and desserts are very good too. It's one of our favorites. We really do consider it a "hidden gem"

O.K. Jiko, Boma, and Sanna (sounds like a law firm) are all on the list to look into... I had planned on hitting up the Turf Club... I heard a rumor that they have a cute bald guy there... :confused3

2 weeks of pixie dust--lucky girl:goodvibes
Port Orleans French Quarter is my favourite resort:goodvibes We stayed there on our honeymoon and again on our last trip. It is so quiet and romantic there. The bar in the lobby often has a jazz band in the evening--nice to sit and have a drink and listen.
Fill in the blanks ideas: Yak and Yeti at AK. There is a pineapple and ceram cheese dessert thing which I adore. We like to get the very last reservation of the day and then you are leaving after park close and can enjoy walking out of the park in near solitude.
If you want to Splurge, Artist Point at Wilderness Lodge is a great place:love:

Glad to hear that people like POFQ... like I said, I have never even seen the place so I was a little worried! I have put Yak and Yeti and Artist Point on the "to look into" list. Thanks! :thumbsup2

mmmmmm

Taco's and a long car ride, is like taking an Ambien sleeping pill and Exlax right before going to bed. Neither one is a smart idea.

I love road trips. We take books on cd's, fill our ipod with a 12 hour playlist, stop often to grab snacks and potty breaks. If you see a painted sign on the side of the road that says 15 miles to the LOOOVE SHAAAACK! wait..............sorry, if you see a sign on the side of the road of some interesting thing to stop and see for a few moments, do it!

Not sure where the B52's thing came from.........

Ambien and Exlax??? :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Looking forward to road signs AND the B52's!

Thanks for all the suggestions folks! Keep it coming!

I haven't stayed at POFQ but from what I've seen online it looks very nice. It would probably be my top pick for moderate.

Thanks for the heads-up. I was going to try this on a dare. :surfweb:

Well, I think we made up our mind on our remaining ADR's...

I have four days left where there are no reservations whatsoever... so I am going to shoot for dinner ressies at Jiko, Yak & Yeti, Artist Point, and Sanna.

We plan to hit up the Turf Bar and Grill for dinner on one of the days that we have a breakfast res... do I need reservations for that too?

:wizard::wizard::wizard:I am still hopeful to be able to change my Le Cellier res from lunch to dinner, but I am not holding my breath.:wizard::wizard::wizard:

Since we will begin our drive home on Friday, July 10 - I thought I would try to make a breakfast reservation at Boma.

I think that is it... anything I am missing?

Jenn, I think you are going to have a wonderful trip. I am getting hungry reading yout ADRS:rotfl:
Good luck with the Le Cellier ressies (not being a steak eater I actaully like lunch better than dinner there--but I am an oddball and I know it).

Thinking about turning this thread in a PTR... I have never done a PTR or a TR for that matter....

Any takers? :confused3

Well the azithromycin cleared up
what you gave me! :mad:

How many times do I have to tell you not to pick up dirty things and put them in your mouth??? BAD BOY!!!

Oh...what a mother goes through......

How many times do I have to tell you not to pick up dirty things and put them in your mouth??? BAD BOY!!!

Oh...what a mother goes through......

If you were my mom - I could get rich with the tell all book. :rolleyes:
Rosie Dearest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter