Road Trip!

Yeah!! Come on Jenn and tell us more!!!! I would love to hear your plans too!!! Maybe we will run into each other on our trips!!!!!

Sorry to have gotton side tracked (who me?)...

Yes Jenn!!! Tell us more. A pre trippy please!

(doesn't mean what it used to...:rolleyes1)

Pre-trippie and Trippie -- yes, please.

and yes, Rosie -- what's a mutha to do? :sad2:

So I have posted most of this is pieces and some on other threads so here it all is...

Friday June 26 into Saturday June 27 is the ACS Relay for Life (RFL). This will my sixth year being a Team Captain for a team in memory of my brother who died when he was 1.5... His story is here: http://www.tommysteam.com/abouttommy.html

So when we found out that Nelson had no choice but to take his vacation beggining that weekend, we were bummed. Considered not doing RFL but it is such an important event to us... so we decided that we would go to Disney but would drive down (the other reason the driving decision was made is b/c at the time we needed to decide we didnt know if I would be PG or not since we have been trying for 4 years ~off of any BC since our wedding in 2002~and well... you all know... we still dont know and quite frankly, with my history of miscarriage, I didnt want to be 30,000 feet in the air if something started to go wrong).

We decided that we will leave the RFL at 12 a.m. on 6/27 (well, I will... Nelson would have headed home at around 3pm after setting up the tents and all the site decorations and will get his sleep in) pick Nelson up at home and he will drive while I sleep the first couple hours. (In case anyone was wondering, we are leaving the RFL team in the capable :lmao: hands of my very best friend in the whole wide sky, Jen ~with one "n"~)

Nelson wants to ensure that we are through DC by 8:00 a.m. to avoid traffic so at midnight we take off. Which means that I not only have to get everything ready for the RFL prior to 6/26 but also pack for a 2 week trip to Florida!

That is all for now... More soon!

So... this is my first PTR - How am I doing so far?

Think Nelson will try any funny business while you are sleeping???

Think Nelson will try any funny business while you are sleeping???

Nelson is ALL ABOUT funny business while I am sleeping! pirate:

I swear... sometimes I feel like a leg with a un-neutered dog around! :headache:

Great start to your trippie!!!! (p.s. -- I was gonna say Don't listen to Wally but the bit about the dog and the leg???? Too Funny...so Wally, you were right; I was wrong...):thumbsup2

A little spice is always nice!

It does not have to be all 100% true. ;)

Wanna know where we plan to eat? :confused:

I might be convinced to let you in on all the delicious details...

(for a price)... :angel:

I have at least one ADR for every day of our trip. Some are places we have eaten before and love, but most will be new experiences for us.

We are 26 days out from beginning our trip. The drive down plan has not changed at all, but some new bills have cropped up (don't they always) so some of our ADR's will have to go. :sad1: (at least we have a 1 bedroom room with a full kitchen so we can cook in the room ~ which I actually enjoy doing, so I am not sure why I am complaining) We are going to sit down this weekend to see which ones. Maybe some of you can help... :confused3

Sunday, June 28

We arrive in Florida (hopefully) somewhere around 3pm-ish and check into SSR. We have a 5:35 reservation at the Yachtsman. Not sure if we will get into any of the parks that night. Will probably just have dinner and go back to the room and unpack (I hate living out of a suitcase).

Monday, June 29
5:50p.m. Rose and Crown
We have never been here, but are both big fans of fish and chips ~ we were told this was a must do.

Tuesday, June 30
6:15p.m. Nine Dragons
We go here at least once every trip. I absolutely love the honey sesame chicken (at least I think that is what it's called).

Wednesday, July 1
5:30p.m. Jiko
This is one that although I am excited about, it may have to go... It is 2TS credits on DDP....
We have never been here ~ opinions???

Thursday, July 2
8:25a.m. Tusker House
Another place we have never tried. My favorite meal to have a buffet for is breakfast because I love everything breakfast! Of course, the fact that it is a character breakfast is important too... that is where I get all my pictures!

Friday, July 3
We check out of SSR on this day and into POFQ.
8:35p.m. Coral Reef
We went to Coral Reef last year for dinner and loved it (even with the stingray staring at me)!

More to come... :goodvibes

Jenn - I think Jiko is the best dinning at WDW.
So I say ... Go! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Just an FYI, you can get the Fish and Chips at the quick service location just outside of Rose and Crown without using a Table Service credit.

Monday, June 29
5:50p.m. Rose and Crown
We have never been here, but are both big fans of fish and chips ~ we were told this was a must do.

While I do enjoy the Rose and Crown, everything I've ever heard says that the fish and chips at Cooks of Dublin at Downtown Disney blow the ones at Rose & Crown out of the water!

Our friends from the U.K. that visit every year refuse to eat the fish and chips at the U.K. Pavillion because they're Harry Ramsden fish and chips and according to them "We've got a Harry Ramsdens at home and it's rubbish, nobody eats there!" :rotfl2:

Just an FYI, you can get the Fish and Chips at the quick service location just outside of Rose and Crown without using a Table Service credit.

That's what I did on my trip 2 years ago. I thought they were really good. Only problem I had was finding a table. I ended up just finding a bench. But it was nice to sit and eat looking out at the WS Lagoon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter