ROFR Thread January to March 2018 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I purchased through them in 2015, took forever, They are not still using Vacation World Title are they... UGH Horrid closing agent!

Not vacation world title this time!! Sterling Title Partners now, but I think it’s just a little slower with fidelity overall. Just getting antsy now! Our offer was accepted on 1/25... 3/27 and haven’t signed closing yet! Looking like start to finish will probably be about 90 days for this one sadly!

disneywv---$139-$14851-100-BLT-Feb-0/17, 72/18, 100/19- sent 1/23, passed 2/26

Second contract, First was for $200 BLT. Problem we had when submitted was told that all 100pts were available for 2018. Turns out, only 72 were. Re-offered $139 instead of original $142 to owner which they accepted.

Congrats and welcome home!:cool1:

Fidelity! Pricing was great for us, so I was really hoping to find what I wanted through them and we ended up with an awesome loaded contract for a price we were willing to pay. Worked out well, however now we’ve decided we wanted to try to squeeze a trip in 8/31-9/5 but I can’t check availability or book for that matter! Haha!

ETA: we know our home won’t be available- we are planning to split stay in a studio (a day or two, as available) at anywhere we can! I know SSR is open but we didn’t want to spend the whole time there!
Urg hate hearing about fidelity being slow since I can see it happening to us, they were already slow sending the contract out then submiting to rofr

Urg hate hearing about fidelity being slow since I can see it happening to us, they were already slow sending the contract out then submiting to rofr

I get it- it can be super stressful! Our contract didn’t get sent to ROFR until 1 full week after we signed it!![/QUOTE]

NLW814---$89-$14954-150-SSR-Mar-0/17, 201/18, 150/19- sent 02/15, taken 3/26

Next try...
NLW814---$92.5-$17321-170-SSR-Mar-0/17, 153/18, 170/19- sent 3/27

Yikes. Looks like mine will be taken too if this is the case.

Fingers crossed for you...we waited 40 long days to hear it was taken!

That’s just wrong! With everything that happened with me last year, I don’t have warm and fuzzy feelings towards DVD. Sorry they took this one from you. I like that you got right back in there and are trying again!

Fingers crossed for you...we waited 40 long days to hear it was taken!

Do you know what the holdup was? Even though they don’t have to let you know within 30 days, they usually do. I wonder if there were typos in the contract or something and it got sent back to Disney and the broker just didn’t tell you. Or maybe they just took 40 days...

Yikes. Looks like mine will be taken too if this is the case.
Ouch, mine too. I sent mine about a week ago so I might have a long wait to hear back from them.

I'm curious do you think it matters if there are loaded points in 2018? My thought is if there are no points in 2018 what pitch would Disney have to do a ROFR and resell them. I just might be biased because that's hows my contract is and I'm hopeful.

My contract is rwatson626---$86-$18630-210-SSR-Feb-0/17, 0/18, 210/19, 210/20- sent 3/20

Ouch, mine too. I sent mine about a week ago so I might have a long wait to hear back from them.

I'm curious do you think it matters if there are loaded points in 2018? My thought is if there are no points in 2018 what pitch would Disney have to do a ROFR and resell them. I just might be biased because that's hows my contract is and I'm hopeful.

My contract is rwatson626---$86-$18630-210-SSR-Feb-0/17, 0/18, 210/19, 210/20- sent 3/20

Some brokers like to tell people that DVD won't take it if there are not full current points, but that isn't true. They take what they want. We never know what they are targeting at any particular moment. I have seen many taken without points until 2019. It's honestly a crap shoot. Best of luck!

Some brokers like to tell people that DVD won't take it if there are not full current points, but that isn't true. They take what they want. We never know what they are targeting at any particular moment. I have seen many taken without points until 2019. It's honestly a crap shoot. Best of luck!
Same to you.

The best indicator would be their waitlist of people who want to buy more points direct. Since they'd obviously never share that, we'll just never really know for sure. The value of a contract is a simple calculation. Not having current UY points just deducts a little from the overall value. They're still just as likely to buy it back if it fits their needs.

Any other information from a broker or bus driver regarding what they look for is merely wild speculation.

We had an AK with no points available until 2020 taken from us which was a surprise cause I too thought they wouldn't be interested if no points were available in the immediate future.

Hard to tell what their criteria is or if it's just a matter of what they need at the time your contract comes across their table. I've seen ones get through i was surprised at and others taken I was also surprised at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter