ROFR Thread January to March 2018 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to hear! Congrats! Hoping for a quick process so we can make reservations soon as the '16's expire 12/1...

Fingers crossed! I thought I would rent the 2016 points, but we ended up booking a trip for the last week in September, right before they would expire (we have an Oct UY). It worked out well!

I'm back!!! Someone seriously needs to cut me off from the bank account at this point. ;)

TexasChick123---$85-$14297-150-SSR-Mar-38/17, 150/18, 150/19, 150/20-Seller banked 2017 pts- sent 3/26

I think Disney will snap this up just as quickly as they can, but I had to try on such a good deal! Hopefully, they let me sneak one through on the first try after all the drama from last year.

I'm back!!! Someone seriously needs to cut me off from the bank account at this point. ;)

TexasChick123---$85-$14297-150-SSR-Mar-38/17, 150/18, 150/19, 150/20-Seller banked 2017 pts- sent 3/26

I think Disney will snap this up just as quickly as they can, but I had to try on such a good deal! Hopefully, they let me sneak one through on the first try after all the drama from last year.
Looks like a good one... now I feel the need to look up and see what the old drama was from last year!!

Will do! Is it in a ROFR thread?!

I'll give you the short version. We were trying to buy BLT points. I had 2 contracts taken by ROFR and 2 different contracts where the sellers kept making reservations and depleting the points after they were sent to ROFR and refused to cancel the new reservations. My 15 year old dog passed away as well in the middle of all of this. We actually got a great deal on a 250pt BLT contract, and that was one of the ones Disney took, but we were relieved because we decided it was more than we needed. The whole process started in February and didn't wrap up until August with all of these things happening. We ended up with a great contract that passed ROFR, but it took forever to finally get those points from when we had an accepted offer on the first contract. That is "Cliff Notes" on it. :)

I'll give you the short version. We were trying to buy BLT points. I had 2 contracts taken by ROFR and 2 different contracts where the sellers kept making reservations and depleting the points after they were sent to ROFR and refused to cancel the new reservations. My 15 year old dog passed away as well in the middle of all of this. We actually got a great deal on a 250pt BLT contract, and that was one of the ones Disney took, but we were relieved because we decided it was more than we needed. The whole process started in February and didn't wrap up until August with all of these things happening. We ended up with a great contract that passed ROFR, but it took forever to finally get those points from when we had an accepted offer on the first contract. That is "Cliff Notes" on it. :)
Yikes! That’s terrible! But I’m a firm believer things work out the way they are supposed to in the end! Although going through it at the time can be horrendous!

Last edited:
Nancy---$143-$9603-60.0-BWV-Jun-60/17, 60/18, 60/19- sent 3/19

Our BCV contract passed ROFR 36 days ago and we still haven’t closed and I’m going crazy! figured you all could understand my pain!

Madame---$132-$38204-270-BCV-Aug-0/17, 270/18, 270/19- sent 3/27

Hopefully get some :tink:on this one. 3 weeks & 2 contracts & the only thing I’ve managed to do is spend $13.20 CAD on a wire fee :lmao:

Are you wiating to close or waiting on docs?

We haven’t gotten closing docs yet at all. The process has been painfully slow (which I’ve noticed mentioned often with the resale company we used) but as of last weds we were waiting for the title Co to send a doc to the finance Co and there has been no new info since. Major bummer!

We haven’t gotten closing docs yet at all. The process has been painfully slow (which I’ve noticed mentioned often with the resale company we used) but as of last weds we were waiting for the title Co to send a doc to the finance Co and there has been no new info since. Major bummer!
who did you use?

who did you use?

Fidelity! Pricing was great for us, so I was really hoping to find what I wanted through them and we ended up with an awesome loaded contract for a price we were willing to pay. Worked out well, however now we’ve decided we wanted to try to squeeze a trip in 8/31-9/5 but I can’t check availability or book for that matter! Haha!

ETA: we know our home won’t be available- we are planning to split stay in a studio (a day or two, as available) at anywhere we can! I know SSR is open but we didn’t want to spend the whole time there!

Still waiting. Going on 2 weeks now but I guess we got spoiled with the last one that only took 10 days. Don't know if taking longer is good or bad.

JV63---$80-$22215-270-OKW-Mar-0/17, 100/18, 49/19, 270/20-Seller pay 18/19 MF- sent 3/12

Fidelity! Pricing was great for us, so I was really hoping to find what I wanted through them and we ended up with an awesome loaded contract for a price we were willing to pay. Worked out well, however now we’ve decided we wanted to try to squeeze a trip in 8/31-9/5 but I can’t check availability or book for that matter! Haha!

ETA: we know our home won’t be available- we are planning to split stay in a studio (a day or two, as available) at anywhere we can! I know SSR is open but we didn’t want to spend the whole time there!
OMG I would be on the phone everyday if this was me. WOW that is just crazy. I hope you get it done soon. Yikes

Yeah I purchased through them in 2015, took forever, They are not still using Vacation World Title are they... UGH Horrid closing agent!

disneywv---$139-$14851-100-BLT-Feb-0/17, 72/18, 100/19- sent 1/23, passed 2/26

Second contract, First was for $200 BLT. Problem we had when submitted was told that all 100pts were available for 2018. Turns out, only 72 were. Re-offered $139 instead of original $142 to owner which they accepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter