ROFR Thread July to Sept 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it can't pass... I know it in my brainparts... but I think I need to offer on this $90 OKW.
I feel ya. I have been stalking the resales looking for an OKW(e) contract in the 50-100 point range, August use year, to round out our collection. It just ain't happening so I am starting to look at 2042's.

I suppose it's like DVC. Everyone does it......differently?....... :-)

View attachment 696444
Well, I suppose we could just leave mom/grandma behind. I think people tend to forget that an ex is still a mother/father/grandmother/etc. and that parents of exes are still your kid's grandparents. If you figure out what went wrong in your marriage, focus on those things you still have in common, and see the benefits of remaining a family and continuing to co-parent your kids, then everyone wins.

I have the perfect solution. I'm divorced, but my ex-wife still joins us on family vacations (it's been over a decade now, and we're much better friends than we were spouses), and she NEVER argues when I want to buy more points...
I'm in the same boat with my ex-husband. He joins us occasionally.

Well, I suppose we could just leave mom/grandma behind. I think people tend to forget that an ex is still a mother/father/grandmother/etc. and that parents of exes are still your kid's grandparents. If you figure out what went wrong in your marriage, focus on those things you still have in common, and see the benefits of remaining a family and continuing to co-parent your kids, then everyone wins.
I agree!

all kidding aside, I applaud you and your arrangement. Divorces oftentimes can be so destructive. You've managed to maintain family and traditions while being civil and cordial. Bravo!

all roads point to wife swap.
She didn't ever say no, at least not in that exchange.

If you figure out what went wrong in your marriage, focus on those things you still have in common, and see the benefits of remaining a family and continuing to co-parent your kids, then everyone wins.
During our separation we found we were very good at being co-parents. If anything, we were on the same parent-page more often, because we talked about things that, in the past, we'd've assumed we already agreed on, but didn't. Rather than finding that out after the fact, we could work through it in advance.

She didn't ever say no, at least not in that exchange.

During our separation we found we were very good at being co-parents. If anything, we were on the same parent-page more often, because we talked about things that, in the past, we'd've assumed we already agreed on, but didn't. Rather than finding that out after the fact, we could work through it in advance.
Curiously, I still trust her more than anyone else, and I trust her opinion, because she knows me better than anyone else. We are on each other's durable power of attorney as well. If we get on each other's nerves now (and we still do to a much lesser extent), it's not something that has to fester.

Curiously, I still trust her more than anyone else, and I trust her opinion, because she knows me better than anyone else. We are on each other's durable power of attorney as well. If we get on each other's nerves now (and we still do to a much lesser extent), it's not something that has to fester.
Bravo to you and your ex! As someone who begrudgingly works in divorce law from time to time, I can tell you that you're absolutely the exception to the rule.

Amazing! Neither of you have remarried I assume? This conversation could get interesting. 👀 Honestly, it is fantastic that it works for you both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter