Rope drop Peter Pan- best way to get there quickly

Lindaapple

Mouseketeer
We plan to rope drop Peter Pan on May 15th and are wondering the best way/direction to get there quickly. Thanks!!

We plan to rope drop Peter Pan on May 15th and are wondering the best way/direction to get there quickly. Thanks!!

MK Hub Rope Drop to Peter Pan's Flight
Three Routes to Peter Pan.
If the "through the castle route" (green) is closed, choose whichever of the others you prefer.
"West of the castle" path (blue) may be a bit shorter than the Liberty Square (orange) route,
but how the CMs open the ropes may affect which way you can go the earliest.

MK-PeterPan-Path-x3_042917_zpstqeaxufr.jpg

If the "through the castle route" (green) is closed, choose whichever of the others you prefer.
"West of the castle" path (blue) may be a bit shorter than the Liberty Square (orange) route,

View attachment 320366
Thanks! Is the Castle most often oped or closed at Rope Drop?

Thanks! Is the Castle most often oped or closed at Rope Drop?

There is no answer that is reliable for that.
It simply "depends."

They need to keep that route closed before, during, and right after "Let the Magic Begin"
(the MK Rope Drop Show)
on the castle forecourt stage. (It's the "backstage area" for those stage performers.)

How quickly they will reopen the route on any particular morning is a guess.

Last edited:
We went through the castle and I was stressing because the blue line on the map got opened up for a bit before ours. This did not seem to make a big difference though in the end.

FWIW, we headed for Peter Pan a couple weeks ago first thing at rope drop. Referring to Robo's excellent picture:

We took the green line up through the castle after the opening show. The blue line on the side was also open but they held people back on the far side of the castle (where the merge point is) until the green line people got up there. Then they proceeded together to between the Merry-go-round and Philharmagic then let us loose to walk to PP.

Once at Peter Pan I realized that the people who had entered through the orange line route via Liberty Square had beat us there. Don't know if they ran or walked. In the end it didn't matter much but since you asked, I'm letting you know that the orange route got there a few seconds faster THAT morning.

Bama Ed

I'd say through the castle, but don't worry too much. I know a lot of people do rope drop Peter Pan, but it will still be a reasonably short wait at that time. And the queue is almost better than the ride.

We always do PP at RD, have taken various routes, and none of them are noticeably different in terms of wait times. The biggest holdup in the line is usually people stopping to enjoy the queue, not the line itself being long.

View attachment 320366

My answer to the original question was going to be "go look at Robo's excellent maps in the sticky thread". And then of course post #3 was from the master himself!!

We just did this a few weeks ago. We positioned ourselves right by the liberty square section of the hub. Once the opening show was finished they start letting people in -- you just go over the bridge and go right (towards haunted mansion). There was a little underpass to go through and PPF was there on the right. We rode it and were off at 9:10am.

I feel the orange route is faster because it's more wide open so there is less chance of getting caught up in a bottleneck on a narrow part of the path. The other two routes do have bottleneck potential. If you get behind a fleet of strollers you are doomed!!

We do the orange route that robo posted. It seems to be quickest because not a lot of people use it.

We just did this a few weeks ago. We positioned ourselves right by the liberty square section of the hub. Once the opening show was finished they start letting people in -- you just go over the bridge and go right (towards haunted mansion). There was a little underpass to go through and PPF was there on the right. We rode it and were off at 9:10am.

We had the same experience using the same route.

I've done all three routes - NEVER would I ever have picked the Liberty tree route because it doesn't make sense that would be quicker. During Spring break in March, we were ON the rope waiting to take the blue route and it did not open so we kept going straight. As we were walking (no one ran because CM's lead you all the way down to Haunted Mansion), I asked a CM if we would be able to get to Peter Pan this way and not be held up somewhere else and she said yes. Once we got past Hall of Presidents, we were free to go whichever direction we wanted to. We went right, there were CM's all along the route going past Columbia Harbor house and Tangled bathrooms, telling people not to run . So noone was running! My kids and I were the very first in the standby line and I could not believe it. There wasn't even that sea of people coming around the corner from the castle! From now on, I will definitely use the orange route through Liberty tree area!!

Again, there's just no way to predict just how the CMs will be opening the entrances on any particular morning.
It's why I show 3 routes and don't really recommend any one over the others.
You just don't know what will happen on X date.

Last edited:
NEVER would I ever have picked the Liberty tree route because it doesn't make sense that would be quicker.
I didn't know which route to choose either, but i figured anyone on the right hand side of the hub was going to be heading to mine train or PPF. Liberty might technically be longer but i felt that it was pretty quick. Taking the liberty route was great once we got past hall of presidents - virtually no one was going this way. PPF is such a quick ride that i find it hard to use a FP or to wait in those crazy long lines

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter