ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT INFO...FAQ and more......

Yes Beer Me, I imagine it will be a few years before the new coaster would ever get EP. We will plan this into our early morning start.

I just put a deposit down on a king suite for our stay in June. I got a confirmation number but no email yet, and when I search for my reservation it’s not available. Is that normal? I’m used to companies immediately sending confirmation emails.

UPDATE: I’m just impatient. The reservation comes up when I search for it now.

Last edited:
Also now that I’m thinking about it...
It didn’t ask for guest names to register them. I triple checked that it said “2 adults, and 2 children” so will we all receive Express Passes? Is that something I do later?

Sorry for the questions, it’s just different than Disney.

Also now that I’m thinking about it...
It didn’t ask for guest names to register them. I triple checked that it said “2 adults, and 2 children” so will we all receive Express Passes? Is that something I do later?

Sorry for the questions, it’s just different than Disney.
Unless things have changed in the last year or so, you just provide the names when they prepare your room keys at check-in, and the room keys will have the names on them and will also serve as your EPs.

Still the same as jaxdad said, when you check in, names of all registered in the room will be added to the room keys, which are indeed your EP too.

Dates of your stay are on them too.

Still the same as jaxdad said, when you check in, names of all registered in the room will be added to the room keys, which are indeed your EP too.

So no photo on the EP? Just a regular room key?

Unless things have changed in the last year or so, you just provide the names when they prepare your room keys at check-in, and the room keys will have the names on them and will also serve as your EPs.

Okay cool. Thanks! This is exciting!:thumbsup2

No, they got rid of the photo ages ago.....the room key has your name and dates of stay printed on the front.....

They are doing facial recognition against your room key when you go through the Express line....it works as Tom and I got our keys mixed up and I tried to use his first and it got rejected as I didn't match the facial image for that card......we soon swapped back over.....:)

No, they got rid of the photo ages ago.....the room key has your name and dates of stay printed on the front.....

They are doing facial recognition against your room key when you go through the Express line....it works as Tom and I got our keys mixed up and I tried to use his first and it got rejected as I didn't match the facial image for that card......we soon swapped back over.....:)

Interesting. I think my last time was 3 years ago. So they will take photos of everyone at check in for facial recognition? Or how does that work?

Interesting. I think my last time was 3 years ago. So they will take photos of everyone at check in for facial recognition? Or how does that work?

It was September 2017 they went back to the room key.......

They don’t do it, or we haven’t gone through it on every ride, usually from memory, it was Mummy, Trolley Train, Kong, Spider-Man and several others........

Not quite sure why it hasn’t been implemented at every ride....

It didn't work at the Mummy for us as it's too dark apparently!

It didn't work at the Mummy for us as it's too dark apparently!

I can imagine, but it worked for us every time in Mummy.

They did add lighting to Kong line where the machine was as it was almost pitch black when they first put it in......nearly walked into the TM!!!

Lol! I typically wear a hat everywhere I go when in Florida. For the rides where I had to store my hat in a locker (like MIB), the facial recognition would fail.

One less card to deal with, yay. Last trip 4? Yrs ago we still had the separate EP card with photo.

Lol! I typically wear a hat everywhere I go when in Florida. For the rides where I had to store my hat in a locker (like MIB), the facial recognition would fail.

Ah yes.......lol.....I never thought about hats......I guess I never have mine on in any of the lines.......I don’t even remember if they asked Tom to take his off or not........:scratchin

One less card to deal with, yay. Last trip 4? Yrs ago we still had the separate EP card with photo.

That never bothered us....we put the EP picture facing out one way of the lanyard and the AP on the other facing the opposite way.......never had to faff about or bring it out of the lanyard.

Some of the pictures were hilarious though.....but mine was always clear, you could see it was me......one of our friends showed us his picture.......not a clue who it was!

I’d no issue with a hat. Sometimes I left it on and other times I didn’t and apart from the ‘too dark’ Mummy that I already mentioned, I didn’t have any issues with the facial recognition.

In addition to the details the others mentioned, the room key will have some kind of park related photo on it. Mine was hulk, one daughter cat in the hat, the other Blue Man Group, one Jurassic Park. I held onto all the cards and it just became easy to remember whose was whose by the image on the front.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter