ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT INFO...FAQ and more......

We just upgraded our hotel from CBBR to RPR so we could get the express passes. We (me, DH, DD16, DS14) are going April 17-21, so thought with the crowds it would be well worth the extra. I started reading this thread from the beginning, and way back saw mentioned that you could add club level to any room if available. Wondering if that is still possible? The club level rooms were not available, so would that mean it is unlikely to be able to add when we check in?

Does anyone know the locations of the king suites? Or are they just kind of scattered around the resort?

I don't know if the king suites are together or scattered among the floors. We had a king suite on the second floor, and had club level attached to it. Every day we had to motor on up to the club level floor, but it wasn't inconvenient, just a quick elevator ride.

We just upgraded our hotel from CBBR to RPR so we could get the express passes. We (me, DH, DD16, DS14) are going April 17-21, so thought with the crowds it would be well worth the extra. I started reading this thread from the beginning, and way back saw mentioned that you could add club level to any room if available. Wondering if that is still possible? The club level rooms were not available, so would that mean it is unlikely to be able to add when we check in?
I’d be interested to know too.

Once they are sold out you can`t add it if they have reached their quota of rooms sold.

So if there are no Club Level rooms to book, then you won`t be able to add to any other room, if that makes sense..

So, if you wanted Club Level, book it if available. But sounds like they are full when you go, although keep checking as folks do cancel......

Hi,
We used to be regulars at USO with APs, frequent visitors, etc. but needed a break for a while.

Our last visit was 2015 at HRH and so much has changed!

Even back then we've never noticed a rental car desk or used Hertz or Avis car rental onsite locations but trying to help my SIL who will be renting a car at TPA and would like to drop off at RPR. Universal's website states that Avis is now onsite but when I search locations on Avis website, only Doubletree shows as a possibility.
Strangely, when I book through the Costco website as a one way rental, it did allow me to enter RPR address as a drop off location.

Can anyone confirm if there still is Avis presence at RPR and what is the procedure to drop off?

My SIL has MS and though she doesn't use a wheelchair, I'd like to make this as smooth as possible for her. Thanks!! :goodvibes

Yes, Avis are still there. We hired a car from them for a couple of days on our recent trip last month. The desk is open from either 8 or 9 in the morning until 5 or 6 in the evening (sorry, can't remember exact times).

When we picked up the car, the Avis lady was on her own and there were another couple of people looking to hire a car as well so she just gave us the keys and told us to give them to the valet who would bring he car to the front of the hotel. I'd imagine if there was no one else there she would have accompanied us to do the check for scrapes and dents etc. and mark on the sheet. As a result we didn't get to do this so I just took a couple of pictures of small things which I didn't want to get blamed for. However this never became an issue but generally when hiring a car, I like the rep to be with us when we pick up the car to do the check.

We dropped our car back outside of the opening hours and just parked in the car park and gave the keys to the valet. My invoice was emailed to me a day or so later. So dropping off is very simple if you're dropping it back in the evening.

We will be arriving on a spring break Thurs. from WDW (probably after lunch). Then a very long day at US/IOA for Wizarding World (Friday). Sat. will be checkout, possibly enjoying the resort, and late trip to MCO (after 4 or 5pm). Or we may leave after breakfast and explore the Cape before our flight.
1. What do you recommend is not-to-be-missed to do at the resort or in City Walk for a first timer to US and RPR. Should we just hang out and enjoy the pool? Are they heated in March?
2. Dining suggestion for DH, myself and DDs 11&14 for supper.
3. Checkout day - same question as #1.
4. What is our best option for a fast breakfast on our park day? We'll be heading to Early admission for WW.
5. What is a good suggestion for a large and leisurely breakfast/brunch if we stick around on Sat.
6. What is the latest we would be allowed to have a late checkout at RPR?
7. I know they will store luggage. Would we have access to a locker room for changing if we do pool time on Sat.?

thank you!

So, if you wanted Club Level, book it if available. But sounds like they are full when you go, although keep checking as folks do cancel......

Thank you. Yes, that makes sense. I booked through AAA agent and did have him ask, and there were only standard queen rooms left for the whole resort. Won't hurt to ask when we check in and maybe give a call once a week.

So happy we were able to upgrade. I was looking forward to the lazy river at CBBR, but will take the trade of EP and shorter walk!
I'm halfway through the thread now, enjoying learning about the resort from you all.

We will be arriving on a spring break Thurs. from WDW (probably after lunch). Then a very long day at US/IOA for Wizarding World (Friday). Sat. will be checkout, possibly enjoying the resort, and late trip to MCO (after 4 or 5pm). Or we may leave after breakfast and explore the Cape before our flight.
1. What do you recommend is not-to-be-missed to do at the resort or in City Walk for a first timer to US and RPR. Should we just hang out and enjoy the pool? Are they heated in March?
2. Dining suggestion for DH, myself and DDs 11&14 for supper.
3. Checkout day - same question as #1.
4. What is our best option for a fast breakfast on our park day? We'll be heading to Early admission for WW.
5. What is a good suggestion for a large and leisurely breakfast/brunch if we stick around on Sat.
6. What is the latest we would be allowed to have a late checkout at RPR?
7. I know they will store luggage. Would we have access to a locker room for changing if we do pool time on Sat.?

thank you!

Yes, you can use the lockers and facilities in the gym area after you check out.....they provide towels and products too.

Late check out is 12 or 1pm, but some folks have said they were charged for the 1pm late check out or later..

Islands Dining room has the best onsite buffet breakfast/brunch in all the hotels.

Usually I`d suggest Orchids grab and go for breakfast, but with the refurb starting soon, I have no idea if it`ll be there.....if it is, it opens at 6am.

For dining check out damo`s sticky......you know the type of food your family enjoys, that sticky has the menu`s for every restaurant in the parks, hotels and Citywalk…….have a read through it and see what appeals.

Saturday morning has the minion character breakfast if that would interest you.

Pools have folks swimming in March, yes they are heated.

So happy we were able to upgrade. I was looking forward to the lazy river at CBBR, but will take the trade of EP and shorter walk!
I'm halfway through the thread now, enjoying learning about the resort from you all.
Doesn't a stay at RPR entitle you to pool hopping? Actually gives me the idea we could try that if the weather is warm enough.

Yes, you can use the lockers and facilities in the gym area after you check out.....they provide towels and products too.

Late check out is 12 or 1pm, but some folks have said they were charged for the 1pm late check out or later..

Islands Dining room has the best onsite buffet breakfast/brunch in all the hotels.

Usually I`d suggest Orchids grab and go for breakfast, but with the refurb starting soon, I have no idea if it`ll be there.....if it is, it opens at 6am.

For dining check out damo`s sticky......you know the type of food your family enjoys, that sticky has the menu`s for every restaurant in the parks, hotels and Citywalk…….have a read through it and see what appeals.

Saturday morning has the minion character breakfast if that would interest you.

Pools have folks swimming in March, yes they are heated.

Many thanks. We will definitely try Islands. I'll be curious to her what happens with Orchids in March. Is there another grab and go option between RPR and IOA? We just need something to hold us until we get a break for Leaky Cauldron and a real meal. Maybe I'll just be sure to put something in our fridge the night before.
Good to know about pools and locker room. Is pool hopping allowed?
Not interested in character meals. DD has a thing about seeing faces. We'll look at menus. I'm still stumped about Thurs. evening.

Also, what time do people suggest heading to the parks to be at the beginning of early admission. I'm not sure how much time to allow. Will be the boats be running or should we plan to walk?

Doesn't a stay at RPR entitle you to pool hopping? Actually gives me the idea we could try that if the weather is warm enough.

I'll be curious to her what happens with Orchids in March. Is there another grab and go option between RPR and IOA? We just need something to hold us until we get a break for Leaky Cauldron and a real meal.

Yes, we could pool hop, but I am lazy and probably won't get motivated enough. LOL!

Same here - grab something quick, get in to early admission do a couple rides and then sit down for a good breakfast. I'm going to pack Larabars and other protein bars the kids will eat in the morning just in case. Hopefully Orchids will still be open. The website does say all amenities will be running so fingers crossed.

Where are the laundry facilities located? I was hoping to be able to swim while doing a load or 2. Also, is there a daily resort schedule somewhere to see what the movies are for the evening, torch lighting ceremony, etc. Do you need to prebook the Minion dining?

Where are the laundry facilities located? I was hoping to be able to swim while doing a load or 2. Also, is there a daily resort schedule somewhere to see what the movies are for the evening, torch lighting ceremony, etc. Do you need to prebook the Minion dining?

There is a laundry room in each tower......T1 is located at the door as you come out of Jake’s/Islands restaurant on the ground floor near the pool.

T3 is located on the 2nd floor and I have no idea where it is in T2 as we’ve never been in that tower.

There is a weekly schedule for movies and you can get a copy from front desk or concierge and it is posted at the main entrance as you come into the pool nearest elevators from T3.

You do need to book the Minion breakfast.......:)

Many thanks. We will definitely try Islands. I'll be curious to her what happens with Orchids in March. Is there another grab and go option between RPR and IOA? We just need something to hold us until we get a break for Leaky Cauldron and a real meal. Maybe I'll just be sure to put something in our fridge the night before.
Good to know about pools and locker room. Is pool hopping allowed?
Not interested in character meals. DD has a thing about seeing faces. We'll look at menus. I'm still stumped about Thurs. evening.

Also, what time do people suggest heading to the parks to be at the beginning of early admission. I'm not sure how much time to allow. Will be the boats be running or should we plan to walk?

Yes, boats will be running....they start 30 minutes before EE starts. Doesn’t take long to walk at all.

Pool hopping is allowed and encouraged.

Woo hoo! I just finished reading the entire thread. LOL We had a snow day here today, and that's how I spent my day, reading the last 40 or so pages. My family thinks I'm nuts.... I said to DH, it's better than scrolling facebook all day. He did agree.

A couple questions:
1. A while back I read that there is an indoor hot tub in the fitness center and anyone can use it. Is that still the case?
2. My one error after reading a bunch of info is that we went with the Super Star Shuttle from and to the airport. I know most of you veterans use an independent company for transfer, but does anyone know how early before your flight they want you to leave the hotel? Our flight home isn't until 8pm or so, and we will be able to go to the park that day for at least a half day.

Lots of great info here from all - USO dreaming on a winter's day ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter