ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT INFO...FAQ and more......

Strong Water Tavern I have heard nothing but amazing things about (and its a rum bar-aka where you will find me) but due to arthritis and other issues and the short stay we might not explore as much as we want to (but I will do my best to twist some arms haha!)

Ive heard amazing things about Jakes! Never really heard anything about Orchard so this is great to know thank you so much!

If you can get to Strong Water, you`d love it. Best bar in the whole of the Universal Orlando Resort........cocktails, food and service are the best!

Orchids Lounge is predominantly a Sushi Restaurant, but it`s a bar area too and you are always made most welcome to enjoy their cocktails or just have a chill out......you don`t need to be eating sushi, which I will say serves some of the best around that whole area if you were a sushi fan.

And Jake`s.......yes, can`t go wrong there either.

If you can get to Strong Water, you`d love it. Best bar in the whole of the Universal Orlando Resort........cocktails, food and service are the best!

Orchids Lounge is predominantly a Sushi Restaurant, but it`s a bar area too and you are always made most welcome to enjoy their cocktails or just have a chill out......you don`t need to be eating sushi, which I will say serves some of the best around that whole area if you were a sushi fan.

Awesome great to know-thank you!

How long is the walk from Cabana Bay to Royal Pacific and is it easy to do? We are staying at Cabana on our arrival night and then going to Royal Pacific. Debating if we walk or take a Uber.

How long is the walk from Cabana Bay to Royal Pacific and is it easy to do? We are staying at Cabana on our arrival night and then going to Royal Pacific. Debating if we walk or take a Uber.

I am wondering the same thing. I heard their busses are efficient but really loved walking from Royal Pacific. We are staying at cabana bay and doing one day in the park for horror nights

I guess we could bus to City Walk but then we would need to go through security with our bags to get to Royal Pacific I believe.

I guess we could bus to City Walk but then we would need to go through security with our bags to get to Royal Pacific I believe.

There used to be a bus that traveled between hotels. We used it years ago, but not lately. The RP drop-off was at the meeting rooms parking lot, so a little bit of a walk to arrive at the front desk. Not sure if Universal is still doing that, but is an option if they are.

I`d take an Uber to be honest. It will be cheap as chips as it won`t take long, but to walk you would cross the road, pass Aventura and walk through Sapphire Falls. You can walk through the inside of the hotel past all the conference rooms then ballroom area of RP, or walk the outdoor path.

Maybe 20/25 minutes walk maximum. But, with luggage it would be so much easier to just uber over.

I`d take an Uber to be honest. It will be cheap as chips as it won`t take long, but to walk you would cross the road, pass Aventura and walk through Sapphire Falls. You can walk through the inside of the hotel past all the conference rooms then ballroom area of RP, or walk the outdoor path.

Maybe 20/25 minutes walk maximum. But, with luggage it would be so much easier to just uber over.

Agree with Carole. I have made the walk, and it is not terrible, but I only did it once! I have Uber'd ever since, especially when I have luggage. If I am just checking in for the express and not actually staying there, I might still walk it.

I LOVE Strong Water and I am so happy it will be open for my July trip. I just went to Orchids for the first time in April - just for cocktails - and I had a great time! Definitely a lovely place for a drink as well. Jake's is my favorite place for a quick bite at the bar and of course a flaming cocktail!

We're staying at Royal Pacific next month. My Mom is going to use the water taxis to & from the parks. Can she rent a wheelchair at the parks if she'd need one & how much are they. She plans on walking but doesn't want to overdo it in the heat.

Quick question: While we are not newbies to UOR Parks and CityWalk, we are newbies to staying on property and to RPR in general. My parents and I like to get a drink at the end of the night at our resort once or twice a trip and are wondering what you all would recommend at RPR? Any thoughts or tips is greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Depends on drink of choice. I agree that Bula (pool bar) is great for the “island drink” menu. Very relaxing and gets you in that “vacay and chill” vibe, especially if you enjoy the drink in a sand lounger or enjoy the company of their excellent bar staff.

We prefer Jake’s for our night caps, but both my wife and I are whiskey drinkers almost exclusively. Their selection is pretty good for being outside of Bourbon country, and their staff is equally excellent for a good evening conversation.

DML, manual wheelchairs are, I think around $15, with a $25 or $50 dollar deposit. Available in the entrances of IOA and the Studios. If she wants to rent an EVC. Need to call and reserve.

It’s been years since I’ve stayed at RPR, is the parking still a surface lot? We will be in a vehicle that is 10 ft tall, and I know there is a portico over the entrance area that is tall enough to drive under but wondering about parking!

It’s been years since I’ve stayed at RPR, is the parking still a surface lot? We will be in a vehicle that is 10 ft tall, and I know there is a portico over the entrance area that is tall enough to drive under but wondering about parking!
Still a surface lot.

We will be checking in on July 11th at Royal Pacific. Does Universal typically send out email confirmations closer to time? We booked through a travel agent and I haven't heard anything from them yet either. Thanks for any information you can help me with.

We will be checking in on July 11th at Royal Pacific. Does Universal typically send out email confirmations closer to time? We booked through a travel agent and I haven't heard anything from them yet either. Thanks for any information you can help me with.

Call the travel agent and see if they have a reservation number for the Royal Pacific. If they can give it to you, I believe you can pull it up on Universal’s reservation page and confirm that it is there.

Plan to stay here in February 2022!
The last (and only) time I went to Universal is when Wizarding World was opening at Islands of Adventure and I think the only hotels available were Royal Pacific, Hard Rock, and Portifino (sp?). None of them were within budget at that time, so off resort I went.
But as soon as I learned of Royal Pacific ... I fell in love. I've been wanting to stay here for YEARS!! I'm so excited.
The price is under $300/night for our stay, which I'm definitely jazzed about. Cheaper than the moderate pricing at Disney :o
We have a King standard view and I'm just really excited to stay here.

We are staying at RP in a couple of weeks. Our return flight leaves at 6:30 PM. We are wanting to go to the parks early in the day and then hang out at the pool. Is there anyplace to shower/clean up before we head to the airport? Thinking we need to leave by 3:30 to get back to the airport.

Anyone know how long the walk is from RPR to Cabana Bay?
I can make if from IOA to CBBR in 20 minutes, passing RPR on the way. Depending on how fast you walk, and which route you take, 10-15 minutes. The walkway will take you there along Hollywood Way and over Adventure Way on a pedestrian bridge. (I think you have to walk a little way toward IOA and go over a bridge to get to the CBBR path though. It's been a while) You can also walk to the end of RPR past the pool and conference area, cross over to Sapphire Falls, go up to the lobby and cross adventure Way at the light but there is no crosswalk.

If I look at Google maps the walkways are there in green lines.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter