Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the next argument for the mask discussion should be who has the most posts--the pro-mask contingent or the anti-mask contingent.
Concur! It’s slowing down a bit and we need something else to discuss beyond are June reservations getting cancelled within the next 48 hours. 🤣

We’ve gone through this. The mask debate is endless. As of right now Disney is saying they will be needed at Disney Springs. We don’t know about the parks yet. Disney has every right to require a mask on their property whether it’s scientifically proven or not. They are trying to take precautions in the best ways possible. Arguing over whether cloth masks work or not is not getting us anywhere.

I agree. Whether it's useful or not, I would imagine it will be a part of their strategy. The last thing Disney will want is a negative headline.

We’ve gone through this. The mask debate is endless. As of right now Disney is saying they will be needed at Disney Springs. We don’t know about the parks yet. Disney has every right to require a mask on their property whether it’s scientifically proven or not. They are trying to take precautions in the best ways possible. Arguing over whether cloth masks work or not is not getting us anywhere.

Maybe we should have this on every page so people new to the thread don't rehash it?

Perhaps the subject is actually worthy of thoughtful discussion, we are talking about a situation that is rocking our culture.

Any thoughts on how many rides/experiences we'll be able to do in a day once WDW opens? If the experiences are so limited that we are only able to go to 3 attractions a day (those that we have FP's for), I don't think we'd be willing to go. Do we think there will be any SB allowed? Will FP's be honored and adt'l virtual queues be issued one at a time? And will we get to ride RotR?!? That was one if the major things we were looking forward to on this trip.

I rescheduled my June 1st reservation for mid-August. I see that Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party is starting August 13th. My question would be: if they are not going to have parades and fireworks, do you think they will still have these events? What would the selling point of these events be if the parks are already at a limited capacity? Thoughts?

The thing I was thinking about in the drive in...can you imagine being ok with whatever restrictions/masks/no magic etc but then when you show up to MK for a castle picture they still have the lifts up and the crew painting the tower roofs! I just do not understand why they are not finishing some of the projects that are almost completed and for the bigger projects at least get things covered up to prevent damage.
Money is the reason they aren't finishing projects.

I rescheduled my June 1st reservation for mid-August. I see that Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party is starting August 13th. My question would be: if they are not going to have parades and fireworks, do you think they will still have these events? What would the selling point of these events be if the parks are already at a limited capacity? Thoughts?

My guess is that the parties won't happen until the point when parades and fireworks are allowed again. But who knows :(

Any thoughts on how many rides/experiences we'll be able to do in a day once WDW opens? If the experiences are so limited that we are only able to go to 3 attractions a day (those that we have FP's for), I don't think we'd be willing to go. Do we think there will be any SB allowed? Will FP's be honored and adt'l virtual queues be issued one at a time? And will we get to ride RotR?!? That was one if the major things we were looking forward to on this trip.
I don’t see why you would be limited to a small number of rides per day. Based on the SDL reopening, wait times were incredibly low. Those will go up as they let more people in to the park but I don’t see the wait times ever getting worse than a normal day.

Finish painting the castle isn't going to make any difference in WDW books.

Same goes for finishing the outdoor work of Rat.
It still costs money to have construction going. Disney just borrowed more money so construction is the last thing they want to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter