Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m going to tell you exactly what will happen. Kids are going to get hot with their mask on for several hours straight in Florida heat. They will cry and get upset. Mom and dad will get sick of the complaining and let the kid take the mask off. Then the CMs says the kid has to put the mask back on. Then it turns into a fight. The parents stand their ground. The CMs give up. Then other people see kids not wearing a mask. So they take it off their kids. Then the adults see the kids not wearing masks and start taking it off. Then the mask-lovers all get upset that people not wearing masks aren’t being roughed up and kicked out.

Meanwhile, security is too busy at the front of the park touching everyone’s bags with the same gloved hand.

This mask policy will be the worst mistake Disney ever made. It’s going to cause tons of problems.
It’ll cause less problems than a COVID outbreak at Disney. Of course you’ll have selfish guests who think the rules don’t apply to them. I expect they’ll be easier to remove from the park with lower crowds if they repeatedly violate the mask rule. If people don’t want to follow the rules and wear a mask, they don’t have to go to Disney World at all.

Where are the no TS rumors coming from? I would think spacing the tables out and limiting capacity would be easier for TS with the ADR system. Buffets can become more like cafeteria style or a modified family style. The seafood buffet at Cape May for example, 99% of people are there for the crab legs. They can easily bring a bucket of crabs for the table and then maybe you can request side items from a list. I don’t think just the QS are enough especially at the resorts other than the values. The Mara isn’t big enough to feed all of AKL as the only food option if no TS.

Where are the no TS rumors coming from? I would think spacing the tables out and limiting capacity would be easier for TS with the ADR system. Buffets can become more like cafeteria style or a modified family style. The seafood buffet at Cape May for example, 99% of people are there for the crab legs. They can easily bring a bucket of crabs for the table and then maybe you can request side items from a list. I don’t think just the QS are enough especially at the resorts other than the values. The Mara isn’t big enough to feed all of AKL as the only food option if no TS.

Oh I hadn’t heard anyone or read anything about no TS so that may be a manufactured rumor or some game of telephone gone wrong

All we've heard anecdotally is maybe not everything would be available or open initially. Folks here any attempting to fill in the blanks.

It is reasonable to expect that WDW is also seeing where they can increase seating/table square footage since that is the true limiting factor. Where TS sites a join open spaces I can see extending the table space. I would not be surprised to see some tents in outdoor areas to make those spaces as all weather as possible. I think it is also likely that for resort TS that room service may be much more robust.

So many things being discussed on this thread that make me feel REALLY bad for the people at Disney making the reopening decisions. There are literally thousands of things to consider and figure out how to either eliminate or rework. Pool games, marshmallow roasts, animal viewing goggles at AKL, stroller parking, bag check, shopping, dining, rides, parades...the list is endless. And knowing that no matter what they do, at least half of their guests will likely disagree with it (and possibly take it out on the CMs). What a terrible situation all around.

So this bodes well for a June 1st opening yes?
Pete said June 1st on the podcast, and I trust Pete's judgement. This seems like more evidence.
We will know in the next 24hr if people report room cancellations of cash rooms by WDW.

I still think that DVC will be open for a week or two before cash rooms as a kind of resort hotel soft opening...so even if cash room cancellations get reported today/tomorrow for 5/31 - 6/6 some still have a chance at that June 1st date.

So many things being discussed on this thread that make me feel REALLY bad for the people at Disney making the reopening decisions. There are literally thousands of things to consider and figure out how to either eliminate or rework. Pool games, marshmallow roasts, animal viewing goggles at AKL, stroller parking, bag check, shopping, dining, rides, parades...the list is endless. And knowing that no matter what they do, at least half of their guests will likely disagree with it (and possibly take it out on the CMs). What a terrible situation all around.
The thing I was thinking about in the drive in...can you imagine being ok with whatever restrictions/masks/no magic etc but then when you show up to MK for a castle picture they still have the lifts up and the crew painting the tower roofs! I just do not understand why they are not finishing some of the projects that are almost completed and for the bigger projects at least get things covered up to prevent damage.

It’ll cause less problems than a COVID outbreak at Disney. Of course you’ll have selfish guests who think the rules don’t apply to them. I expect they’ll be easier to remove from the park with lower crowds if they repeatedly violate the mask rule. If people don’t want to follow the rules and wear a mask, they don’t have to go to Disney World at all.

But you don't seem to understand that a bandana tied around the face will not stop this virus. It's ridiculous to think it will. Doctors and nurses who are wearing surgical masks and even N95 masks all day are still catching the virus.

These masks are giving you a huge false sense of security. They don't stop a virus like this. If doctors are catching it even when wearing N95 masks, then a bandana is useless.

No matter what policies Disney puts in place, someone WILL catch this virus in Disney World. If Disney or the general public can't live with that reality, then they shouldn't reopen. And if you are in the high risk categories, don't go. The bad thing that could happen is Disney will try to show the world how safe it is and everyone is wearing masks and social distancing, etc, etc.. Then someone high risk goes to Disney and gets sick anyway. That's bad PR too, right?

But you don't seem to understand that a bandana tied around the face will not stop this virus. It's ridiculous to think it will. Doctors and nurses who are wearing surgical masks and even N95 masks all day are still catching the virus.

These masks are giving you a huge false sense of security. They don't stop a virus like this. If doctors are catching it even when wearing N95 masks, then a bandana is useless.

No matter what policies Disney puts in place, someone WILL catch this virus in Disney World. If Disney or the general public can't live with that reality, then they shouldn't reopen. And if you are in the high risk categories, don't go. The bad thing that could happen is Disney will try to show the world how safe it is and everyone is wearing masks and social distancing, etc, etc.. Then someone high risk goes to Disney and gets sick anyway. That's bad PR too, right?
None of that matters, the rule is going to be that you have to wear a mask when you are at Disney. Either you will comply or you shouldn't go. There isn't any point in debating this. No one on this board has any ability to influence that policy.

With parts of the country trying to reopen, parts stuck in the middle and now parts pushing stay at home orders until August, it seems what I thought wouldn't happen is happening - we are now waiting for a vaccine to move on.
I don't see Disney having anything near normalcy for who knows how long at this point, maybe not at all. I understand they have to open in order to "ever" open again, but geesh, if it's really no to extremely limited pools and restaurants, making certain parts of country quarantine (I know that's not Disney's decision) just wait around with the rest of us.

Yes, I agree, so many details to think through. I think what will be key is for Disney to do a good job of communicating exactly what rules are in place and what attractions, activities, events might be at a reduced capacity. That way guests can make an informed decision about whether or not they are willing to go.

If we keep our 6/29-7/4 trip, I’ll be prepared to follow whatever guidelines Disney has put in place, but I’d certainly like to know what they are ahead of time.

We’ve gone through this. The mask debate is endless. As of right now Disney is saying they will be needed at Disney Springs. We don’t know about the parks yet. Disney has every right to require a mask on their property whether it’s scientifically proven or not. They are trying to take precautions in the best ways possible. Arguing over whether cloth masks work or not is not getting us anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter