Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is everyone thinking the teams will use resort hotels? The teams could easily secure properties outside of WDW and isolate from the other guests. I dont see a conflict with holding games and resorts/parks being open.
Coronado Springs is pretty booked up already, that is where most people think the teams are staying

so basically once you're inside the temp checking corral you have to have a mask on, everyone was wearing one so there wasn't a need to ask. But there are about 5 CM there checking you while you enter the "corral" area
as for those without masks walking around, no I didn't see anyone approach and ask for them to put it on. There was a heavy manager presence but not on the yellow shirt team which I thought would be the ones monitoring. TBH I only saw 2 people without the mask while not eating or drinking

I watched another stream after yours ended, and there were people without masks waiting in line outside Erin McKenna's. The bakery was only letting in one party at a time, and other parties were queued up outside. An Erin McKenna's employee came out and gave the maskless guests masks to put on. The streamer was on the other side of the pathway so you couldn't hear if the employee told them they had to be wearing masks or what exactly was being said. The streamer kept walking after that so no idea if the guests actually put on the masks, or if they refused and were refused entry to Erin McKenna's, or what.

Why is everyone thinking the teams will use resort hotels? The teams could easily secure properties outside of WDW and isolate from the other guests. I dont see a conflict with holding games and resorts/parks being open.
Because the Disney bubble which includes wwos and the resort hotels is what makes wdw attractive. Vegas was considered, but it doesn’t have the resort bubble that Disney has. I guarantee if they play at wwos, they’ll be staying at wdw resort hotels. What this means for the rest of wdw is up for debate.

It is just one of the rumors. Around the time the scuttlebutt started that NBA might play at WDW, all new bookings at Coronado Springs were blocked off until, I think, 8/10 so people made the link. You may be totally correct in the end.

Because the Disney bubble which includes wwos and the resort hotels is what makes wdw attractive. Vegas was considered, but it doesn’t have the resort bubble that Disney has. I guarantee if they play at wwos, they’ll be staying at wdw resort hotels. What this means for the rest of wdw is up for debate.

What makes it attractive is all the venues in one area. An entire hotel outside of WDW can still be a bubble. Bus transportation is a must whether in WDW or out.

Why would all those people need to come? The families certainly don’t travel with them normally like that, and I can’t imagine why high level execs would need to be there beyond maybe a TV camera wave at the first game.
There’s been a lot of chatter the NBA players want the ability to bring fam. Personally I think bringing a child to WDW and not allowing said child to go to WDW for weeks on end sounds like a total nightmare but maybe their kids are more patient than I was as a kid...

I don’t know what resorts they will use. I was merely responding to the suggestion from many postersthat all of WDW property would be shut down to form a bubble for the NBA/MLS. Not quite sure why you are quoting me specifically when this was a sentiment expressed by many others, but not me which is why I suggested they couldn’t do it 🤷‍♀️

I just heard on a sports station I listen to that the NBA plans to announce their plan for reopening on June 1. So hopefully the WDW reopening plan does not include closing the resorts to other guests if the NBA is there. Because if that’s the case we won’t hear for a little while.

There’s been a lot of chatter the NBA players want the ability to bring fam. Personally I think bringing a child to WDW and not allowing said child to go to WDW for weeks on end sounds like a total nightmare but maybe their kids are more patient than I was as a kid...
I guarantee most of those kids' homes are much more luxurious than the resort they'll be stuck at, including their own pools. For most normal kids, a resort pool is a huge draw. For kids that have spectacular water parks literally in their back yards, not so much.

FWIW it looks like they are just doing one park presentation per day.

So Disney might be Friday

https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-storie...ng-plans-5-21-9-smaller-local-parks-approved/

Anyone care to speculate on a reasonable expectation of timeframe? Let's go with the assumption that Disney presents to the Task Force on Friday. What are the next steps and how long do we think between each step? For example:
  • Present to Task Force on Friday
  • Present to Demings on ...?
  • Present to Governor on ...?
Any other approvals needed (I think parts of WDW cross between counties?)? How quickly does the proposal move from one desk to the next? Hours? A day? A few days? Anyone have any idea?

I know the immediate thing is to see the proposed opening date (or dates, maybe, if reopening in stages?), but I'm curious about the process and when we might expect to know that the plan is formally green-lit.

Anyone care to speculate on a reasonable expectation of timeframe? Let's go with the assumption that Disney presents to the Task Force on Friday. What are the next steps and how long do we think between each step? For example:
Any other approvals needed (I think parts of WDW cross between counties?)? How quickly does the proposal move from one desk to the next? Hours? A day? A few days? Anyone have any idea?

I know the immediate thing is to see the proposed opening date (or dates, maybe, if reopening in stages?), but I'm curious about the process and when we might expect to know that the plan is formally green-lit.

I think its possible that something like Task Force and local government could be done at the same time or very close together. We really don't know but I also don't think its going to go on for weeks.

The Governor said today he wanted to say yes, and implied that if Orange County approves he would as well. I don’t remember the exact quote, but it was during the discussion today.

The DIS reports the small ones were cleared to open less than a week after presenting so I don’t think we’re looking at a government red tape holding anything up situation here.

What makes it attractive is all the venues in one area. An entire hotel outside of WDW can still be a bubble. Bus transportation is a must whether in WDW or out.
You may be right, but everything I’ve seen says all Disney all the way for nba. Resort hotels also offer numerous dining options as well as recreation that can keep the players, employees and their families secured inside the bubble. If you have any articles talking about nba using non Disney hotels in Orlando, I’d be happy to check them out.

Whatever Disney proposes will be green-lit. It will be announced when Disney wants it announced, on their own timeline.

The DIS reports the small ones were cleared to open less than a week after presenting so I don’t think we’re looking at a government red tape holding anything up situation here.
Yup it was pretty clear from the Round Table discussion today that all the Orlando businesses at least want to open their doors again, under the guidance of the CDC, and that the government in charge is all for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter