Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI, there is a poster (@Jimmy Mouse) in the general Coronavirus thread that has some alleged inside information about modifications when Disney reopens, although he says: "This is all tentative so please don't make any plans based on what I wrote. Things at WDW are very fluid and changing daily. I will update if I get any more information."

https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...ates-due-to-coronavirus.3796390/post-61819424
Alleged modifications when Disney reopens:
  • MK, AK, HS, DS and 1 water park.
  • Mini Golf also opens.
  • EP is on the table but may not open for a few weeks only because of the international employees they will need to bring back.
  • All WDW resorts open including the Wyndham resorts.
  • Pools and Arcades will be open.
  • Club Level lounges will be open only for coffee, soft drinks and adult beverages. Pre packaged snacks and fruits will be made available. No Breakfast, evening small plates or any CM prepared foods.
  • To enter a park you have to either be a resort guest with tickets or an AP holder. Everyone will be required to wear a Magic Band. If you don't have one, a complementary gray one will be issued.
  • All restaurants on property, except buffets, will be open with strict social distancing enforced.
  • Ride ques will enforce spacing between groups.
  • All walkways will operate like a road. Stay to the right.
  • No dessert parties or private tours with the exception of the VIP tour.
  • FP+ will be available but No single rider lines.
  • Busses, ferry boats, Monorail and Minnie Vans will be in operation.
  • Uber and regular Lyft will not be available.
This rumor is less modified than the rumored "Secure Circuit" (posted in the first post). It may be that this is what they are working towards, but they may open first under "Secure Circuit" to test distancing, modifications and requirements.

Anyway, no mention of shows or fireworks, but still interesting.

At the end of the day, we don't really know what the modifications will be. It's a very fluid situation and I don't think Disney knows yet, although they are clearly evaluating different scenarios and modifications.
assuming Wyndham includes bonnet creek that would appear to put park capacity at 40 to 50% with some variability on how many non Disney/wyndham AP holders are there given that it is only 3 parks

Something that I just thought of. I wonder how all of this will impact refillable mugs, water bottles, and popcorn buckets? I wonder if they will even allow it. I'm not a big germaphobe, but have thought about how clean those things are, and CM's taking them to refill, or people refilling them at self serve stations.

Just and FYI there was a news conference today in Orlando with ORLANDO HEALTH which is one of the biggest hospital providers in the Orlando area with over 2,000 hospital beds.

While nothing was mentioned about Disney per-say, there were some interesting remarks from the top Doctors that I am sure Disney Executives will use in their decision making

- Orlando area itself seeing rapid decline of Covid patients with a total of only 26 in the hospital system throughout Orlando
- The top medical doctors and advisors were asked point blank are the Orlando Hospitals ready for the next phase of openings and they ALL said YES with plenty of rooms available if spike should occur

and with regards to MASKS, this was very interesting since everyone is talking about masks and this info could be used by Disney execs going forward:

The Doctors said that washing your hands and NOT touching your face MUCH more beneficial than masks. He went on to say if people dont know how to use the masks properly they can actually cause more harm than good. You touch the dirty mask with your bare hands to adjust it or take it off etc..... then you touch a door or a table or something, You just cross contaminated everything.

So while this info not directly connected with Disney, I am sure Disney is in contact with medical professionals in the Orlando area.

Last edited:
Just and FYI there was a news conference today in Orlando with ORLANDO HEALTH which is one of the biggest hospital providers in the Orlando area with over 2,000 hospital beds.

While nothing was mentioned about Disney per-say, there were some interesting remarks from the top Doctors that I am sure Disney Executives will use in their decision making

- Orlando area itself seeing rapid decline of Covid patients with a total of only 26 in the hospital system throughout Orlando
- The top medical doctors and advisors were asked point blank are the Orlando Hospitals ready for the next phase of openings and they ALL said YES with plenty of rooms available if spike should occur

and with regards to MASKS, this was very interesting since everyone is talking about masks and this info could be used by Disney execs going forward:

The Doctors said that washing your hands and NOT touching your face MUCH more beneficial than masks. He went on to say if people dont know how to use the masks properly they can actually cause more harm than good. You touch the dirty mask with your bare hands to adjust it or take it off etc..... You just cross contaminated everything.

So while this info not directly connected with Disney, I am sure Disney is in contact with medical professionals in the Orlando area.
I asked all the nurses i worked with what would be the best thing to protect yourself in public and they all said the same thing.
Wash your hands constantly and don't touch your face, and keeping social distance when possible.
I don't want to keep drilling the same thing but both Disney and Universal took precautions before closing in this area and im convinced it made a difference. Our cases here in central Florida have gone downward since April 1st

I asked all the nurses i worked with what would be the best thing to protect yourself in public and they all said the same thing.
Wash your hands constantly and don't touch your face, and keeping social distance when possible.
I don't want to keep drilling the same thing but both Disney and Universal took precautions before closing in this area and im convinced it made a difference. Our cases here in central Florida have gone downward since April 1st
Sounds good in theory but making sure people follow social distancing at a park is a hole new thing.

After hearing these doctors today, I am now of the thinking that Disney might make it "optional" and not mandatory for masks.

Honestly just glad they'll allow folks to wear face masks (well, hopefully.) Considering the current rules regarding clothing prohibits it, definitely a change that'll help some people feel more safe in the parks. Even if they're not mandatory, it definitely gives some control to the guests in regards to how they want to experience the parks.

I hope CMs and such are also able to take measures like that to help themselves out (especially if they go through a little mask wearing training!)

The Doctors said that washing your hands and NOT touching your face MUCH more beneficial than masks. He went on to say if people dont know how to use the masks properly they can actually cause more harm than good. You touch the dirty mask with your bare hands to adjust it or take it off etc..... then you touch a door or a table or something, You just cross contaminated everything.

That's it! I'm satisfied! I don't need to read anything else. No masks it is.
Carry on.
;)

But that is interesting and a good read.

Honestly just glad they'll allow folks to wear face masks (well, hopefully.) Considering the current rules regarding clothing prohibits it, definitely a change that'll help some people feel more safe in the parks. Even if they're not mandatory, it definitely gives some control to the guests in regards to how they want to experience the parks.

I hope CMs and such are also able to take measures like that to help themselves out (especially if they go through a little mask wearing training!)
Before all of this, I have seen people in the parks wearing medical masks. So I DO think they will allow it.

In 2009 they had buy 4 get 3 free days free park tickets.

It was even better than that, you also got free hotel room. We stayed at Grand Floridian on buy 4 get 3 free nights (everything in your pacakge) and then got upgraded to club level for free when we checked in :)

Sounds good in theory but making sure people follow social distancing at a park is a hole new thing.
so much talk on these threads about Disney being liable for people getting infected like they are our parents or something. It's like has Disney needed to monitor adults using a steak knife, be careful it'll cut yourself. Listen, I've said it a lot, it's about people being responsible for themselves and their children. If someone decides to not adhere and practice social distancing and ends up getting the virus it is on them and what they bring home is on them, not Disney

After hearing these doctors today, I am now of the thinking that Disney might make it "optional" and not mandatory for masks.
it would've been very hard to enforce, I'm planning on taking my mask, I have learned how to take it off and on properly and how to store it while not being used, and I will wear it when I'm indoors, maybe a queue or a show (if those are open)
even the nurses, in the airport, weren't using the masks until the flights arrived.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter