Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another consideration that is coming to light in the UK is will there actually be airline capacity to get to Orlando - and if so at what cost?

We lost thomas cook a few months ago which was one of our major carriers to orlando. Now it looks like virgin Atlantic may not survive all this either.

That really only leaves british airways as our own recognizable brand flying there. If they hold a monopoly they can charge whatever they want, and if middle seats are forced to be empty, they probably will charge whatever they want!

Indeed.

Although there are several stores where I just cannot figure out how that would work. In DLP the Christmas shop under the castle just wouldn't work - firstly because it is very small and usually full of guests which they would somehow need to limit, secondly would they expect guests to wrap and box their own fragile items?

Just thinking that it wouldn't be financially viable when they have to remove product on the floor for the additional self serve registers. On top of that sure they save money on not having a CM work each register but customers checking themselves out is much less efficient and the stores seems to be so congested to begin with.

We were scheduled for the Beach Club too! I feel better about waiting until next year because I’m not good with the wait and see if things work out or not (or what will be open or not/or will we have to wear masks or not). I do much better with plans, which is probably why I love planning a Disney vacation so much 🤣
Beach Club is the best. Love the back door entrance into Epcot, the quick boat ride to Hollywood and the best pool at Disney

Ditto. Wonder if it will be for certain hotels only or if it’s rolling out?

Edit: I’m CSR, AoA, Poly. Mid-late June.

Mine is September Beach Club and it says "Online check on required" on the home screen but when I click on it it pitches the advantages but doesn't say required then when I go back to the home screen it says it is available to check in now...but the required message is gone. Happens that way every time I back out and go back on.

Mine is September Beach Club and it says "Online check on required" on the home screen but when I click on it it pitches the advantages but doesn't say required then when I go back to the home screen it says it is available to check in now...but the required message is gone. Happens that way every time I back out and go back on.
We're going in July. My screen does not have the Online check-in is required. We're doing a split stay at Poly & YC. For both it is the same Start check in, which was like that before the shutdown.

Thanks for posting it is interesting to see the results. Was surprised to see 48% think everyone should wear masks cast members and guests. Guess I see so many responses on here that they won’t go if they have to wear a mask that I thought that would be lower. To finish out the that question 43% nobody wears a mask, 4% only cast members and 4%only guests wear masks.
Outside of NYC, Europe has had a more traumatizing experience than the US. That has to shape responses somewhat.

We're going in July. My screen does not have the Online check-in is required. We're doing a split stay at Poly & YC. For both it is the same Start check in, which was like that before the shutdown.

when I read it it almost seems like “required” is more like a “next step” I dunno...

I also have the "regular" screen and not the "required" online check-in message for my trip in late July.

For those that are seeing the "required" online check-in message - when is your trip? Is it in June or very early July?

FYI, there is a poster (@Jimmy Mouse) in the general Coronavirus thread that has some alleged inside information about modifications when Disney reopens, although he says: "This is all tentative so please don't make any plans based on what I wrote. Things at WDW are very fluid and changing daily. I will update if I get any more information."

https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...ates-due-to-coronavirus.3796390/post-61819424
Alleged modifications when Disney reopens:
  • MK, AK, HS, DS and 1 water park.
  • Mini Golf also opens.
  • EP is on the table but may not open for a few weeks only because of the international employees they will need to bring back.
  • All WDW resorts open including the Wyndham resorts.
  • Pools and Arcades will be open.
  • Club Level lounges will be open only for coffee, soft drinks and adult beverages. Pre packaged snacks and fruits will be made available. No Breakfast, evening small plates or any CM prepared foods.
  • To enter a park you have to either be a resort guest with tickets or an AP holder. Everyone will be required to wear a Magic Band. If you don't have one, a complementary gray one will be issued.
  • All restaurants on property, except buffets, will be open with strict social distancing enforced.
  • Ride ques will enforce spacing between groups.
  • All walkways will operate like a road. Stay to the right.
  • No dessert parties or private tours with the exception of the VIP tour.
  • FP+ will be available but No single rider lines.
  • Busses, ferry boats, Monorail and Minnie Vans will be in operation.
  • Uber and regular Lyft will not be available.
This rumor is less modified than the rumored "Secure Circuit" (posted in the first post). It may be that this is what they are working towards, but they may open first under "Secure Circuit" to test distancing, modifications and requirements.

Anyway, no mention of shows or fireworks, but still interesting.

At the end of the day, we don't really know what the modifications will be. It's a very fluid situation and I don't think Disney knows yet, although they are clearly evaluating different scenarios and modifications.

I also have the "regular" screen and not the "required" online check-in message for my trip in late July.

For those that are seeing the "required" online check-in message - when is your trip? Is it in June or very early July?
My trip spans from 6/27-7/11 at 3 resorts and I don’t have the required notice on any of them.

FYI, there is a poster (@Jimmy Mouse) in the general Coronavirus thread that has some alleged inside information about modifications when Disney reopens, although he says: "This is all tentative so please don't make any plans based on what I wrote. Things at WDW are very fluid and changing daily. I will update if I get any more information."

https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...ates-due-to-coronavirus.3796390/post-61819424
Alleged modifications when Disney reopens:
  • MK, AK, HS, DS and 1 water park.
  • Mini Golf also opens.
  • EP is on the table but may not open for a few weeks only because of the international employees they will need to bring back.
  • All WDW resorts open including the Wyndham resorts.
  • Pools and Arcades will be open.
  • Club Level lounges will be open only for coffee, soft drinks and adult beverages. Pre packaged snacks and fruits will be made available. No Breakfast, evening small plates or any CM prepared foods.
  • To enter a park you have to either be a resort guest with tickets or an AP holder. Everyone will be required to wear a Magic Band. If you don't have one, a complementary gray one will be issued.
  • All restaurants on property, except buffets, will be open with strict social distancing enforced.
  • Ride ques will enforce spacing between groups.
  • All walkways will operate like a road. Stay to the right.
  • No dessert parties or private tours with the exception of the VIP tour.
  • FP+ will be available but No single rider lines.
  • Busses, ferry boats, Monorail and Minnie Vans will be in operation.
  • Uber and regular Lyft will not be available.
This rumor is less modified than the rumored "Secure Circuit" (posted in the first post). It may be that this is what they are working towards, but they may open first under "Secure Circuit" to test distancing, modifications and requirements.

Anyway, no mention of shows or fireworks, but still interesting.

At the end of the day, we don't really know what the modifications will be. It's a very fluid situation and I don't think Disney knows yet, although they are clearly evaluating different scenarios and modifications.
I would take all of the above with a very large grain of salt. I highly doubt there is any source behind these rumors.

In regards to the DVC CM on the phone... I agree, I do not fully believe they have any “inside” information that they have been privy to receive. (Maybe I’m wrong, but will take it with a grain of salt for now.) However, the June 15th date does stand out to me, since that’s the first time I’ve heard such a specific date mentioned. Why?

1. They have given guests affected by the closure who have already purchased tickets the ability to reschedule to use them, with no additional fee, by December 15th. That would be a 6 month extension, and maybe I’m just losing my mind (which is very possible right now!), but why would they specifically choose the 15th? Why not allow them to use “by the end of the year”? Just my thoughts.

2. The Governor of FL is expected to announce a plan of reopening this upcoming week. June 15th would align with what could potentially happen. Let’s say... Phase 1 begins May 4th for 2 weeks, then Phase 2 would begin May 18th, finally Phase 3 would begin June 1st. Possibly do a very soft opening for 2 weeks, or wait until Phase 3 goes through 2 weeks before finally opening?

I believe Disney will wait until DeSantis makes his announcement, since they obviously cannot do anything until then, to start preparing for opening and say anything. But I do not believe DeSantis’ decisions are not somehow in line with what Disney is thinking and planning, seeing as they are such a huge money maker for the state.
December 15th is also the last week before winter break for most of America. Most of their tickets are blacked out then in the first place. I think reading into Dec 15th is a bit much

sorry I missed that... mine is still not saying that... I wonder why some people are having this pop up on their app and not others... I don't have that on my app screen

it only shows on my home landing page when I first open. Once I click on anything it goes to the other two messages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter