Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven’t seen much about modified hours. I’m guessing no EMH, but I am wondering about regular park hours. Do they go to something very limited, like 9-7, or do they keep longer hours to promote better social distancing? I do so love being in the parks after dark. It would take away a lot if they closed really early- and it would make crowds larger.

I haven’t seen much about modified hours. I’m guessing no EMH, but I am wondering about regular park hours. Do they go to something very limited, like 9-7, or do they keep longer hours to promote better social distancing? I do so love being in the parks after dark. It would take away a lot if they closed really early- and it would make crowds larger.
Love that idea. :)

For a while I bet shorter hours due to cost saving measures?

so much talk on these threads about Disney being liable for people getting infected like they are our parents or something. It's like has Disney needed to monitor adults using a steak knife, be careful it'll cut yourself. Listen, I've said it a lot, it's about people being responsible for themselves and their children. If someone decides to not adhere and practice social distancing and ends up getting the virus it is on them and what they bring home is on them, not Disney

it would've been very hard to enforce, I'm planning on taking my mask, I have learned how to take it off and on properly and how to store it while not being used, and I will wear it when I'm indoors, maybe a queue or a show (if those are open)
even the nurses, in the airport, weren't using the masks until the flights arrived.

I agree totally with your logic about liability. But I do believe that the legit fear of lawsuits is causing most of the current complications.

I’m on the board of my HOA and the fear of lawsuits is causing us to spend a ridiculous amount of time discussing among ourselves and with our attorneys the simple matter of opening back up our tennis courts. Several members want to just keep them closed because of fear of lawsuits.
If such a small matter as opening tennis courts is requiring this amount of turmoil among attorneys, I can’t imagine what Disney must be dealing with.

I wish there could just be a law that would prevent all lawsuits claiming a company is responsible because someone may have contracted the virus on their property. If that would happen, Disney and the rest of the country could open up so much more quickly. And they could do it safely and efficiently, too.

I agree totally with your logic about liability. But I do believe that the legit fear of lawsuits is causing most of the current complications.

I’m on the board of my HOA and the fear of lawsuits is causing us to spend a ridiculous amount of time discussing among ourselves and with our attorneys the simple matter of opening back up our tennis courts. Several members want to just keep them closed because of fear of lawsuits.
If such a small matter as opening tennis courts is requiring this amount of turmoil among attorneys, I can’t imagine what Disney must be dealing with.

I wish there could just be a law that would prevent all lawsuits claiming a company is responsible because someone may have contracted the virus on their property. If that would happen, Disney and the rest of the country could open up so much more quickly. And they could do it safely and efficiently, too.
I'm not educated about laws and the likes, and waiver signing has gone around this thread like 3 times.
I think when Disney announces their reopening procedures they will be clear about what they are doing and basically for people to use common sense and basic precautions.
Anywhere you go is "go at your own risk" not sure why Disney seems to be different, people seem to lose all sense when they enter into Disney bubble

Before all of this, I have seen people in the parks wearing medical masks. So I DO think they will allow it.

They absolutely have to allow it if it's for valid medical reasons. So, I can't see them not allowing it for Covid - all a person would have to say is they're "at risk and need to wear it", they try to deny them, and then PR nightmare.

It's not just lawsuits. They don't want any negative press, lawsuits or not.

Last edited:
Masks are not for your safety, but the safety of those around you in case you have COVID19 and don’t know it. That’s why I think they may require CMs working indoors in crowded places to wear masks. If multiple cases could be traced back to a CM in a store or running an indoor ride it would look bad.
I think a lot people miss this point. It’s one thing I really admire about the Japanese culture. They for the most part wear mask out concern for others.

I'm not educated about laws and the likes, and waiver signing has gone around this thread like 3 times.
I think when Disney announces their reopening procedures they will be clear about what they are doing and basically for people to use common sense and basic precautions.
Anywhere you go is "go at your own risk" not sure why Disney seems to be different, people seem to lose all sense when they enter into Disney bubble
There is a big legal problem with waivers: the Supreme Court has ruled that no one can sign away their right to be free from negligence. So even if they signed a waiver, people can still claim Disney was negligent by not spacing people far enough apart, by not forcing people to wear masks, by running the buses, by opening the pools, by opening too soon- or any of a thousand other things. Waivers are largely useless. Companies have to be super careful when they are making decisions like this. And they are more protected- not fully protected, but more protected- if they follow industry standard. That’s one reason why all the theme parks are working together with the governor. If they come up with an “industry standard” for how all theme parks will handle this and if they follow that standard, they are far less likely to be found negligent.

so much talk on these threads about Disney being liable for people getting infected like they are our parents or something. It's like has Disney needed to monitor adults using a steak knife, be careful it'll cut yourself.
The risk of several CMs dying from a guest incorrectly using a steak knife is negligible.

The risk to several CMs if a super spreader was in the park with no masks for that guest or CMs or social distancing is probably considerably higher.

I just read an article that said there could be a provision in the next stimulus package that would shield companies from Coronavirus liability. So it seems to be something that’s at least being discussed.

I just read an article that said there could be a provision in the next stimulus package that would shield companies from Coronavirus liability. So it seems to be something that’s at least being discussed.
Are you sure this is related to health risk protection though?

In the uk there are plans for shielding for companies related to various trading laws - shielding from winding up requests etc.

Are you sure this is related to health risk protection though?

In the uk there are plans for shielding for companies related to various trading laws - shielding from winding up requests etc.
Yes it would provide companies at least some degree of protection from lawsuits from employees or customers.
Who knows if it will ever be passed; but I’m sure Big Business is lobbying for it.

While I understand safety and social distancing, what amount of money does Disney make from photos? We bought Memory Maker, as I’m sure many do, but without characters/photographers it loses its value and Disney loses that revenue - because I’m certainly cancelling ours without characters/character dining. Does anyone think some work around may be offered for photographs for money making? That sounds cold, but the fact that Disney is a business has been soundly addressed.

While I understand safety and social distancing, what amount of money does Disney make from photos? We bought Memory Maker, as I’m sure many do, but without characters/photographers it loses its value and Disney loses that revenue - because I’m certainly cancelling ours without characters/character dining. Does anyone think some work around may be offered for photographs for money making? That sounds cold, but the fact that Disney is a business has been soundly addressed.
I was thinking that too. I definitely don’t want memory maker anymore if we can’t meet characters. We usually do it too because we have a lot of them

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter