Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
After hour/early morning magic would be pretty easy to run with social distancing- maybe eliminate/change the breakfast for the morning one. The villains after hours involves people gathering so that’s probably out too, as are the Halloween and Christmas parties. Even before the hub was expanded and ticket sales increased, people packed together for fireworks, stage shows, parades, and in trick or treat lines.

Unless they significantly reduce ticket sales, I don’t see how they have the parties. We quit doing them because of the heavy crowds. After Hours on the other hand, seem tailor made for this. I could walk around seeing no one for a very long time. Lines for rides are non-existent for the most part.
You answered you own question with the first few words.

Uhhh... :( Signature Services is closed. Like it’s been a week since I looked in on the CL thread so it could have changed but that’s what was being reported there and on the CL FP thread. They are only responding via email and it takes days. You aren’t looking for the CLFP program are you? That was reported as being stopped for now.
I spoke to a cast member booking next year's vacation for me today and he said Signature Services was only open with email like you said and that only the managers are there so only limited staff.

If the rumors are true, I don't see how Disney can justify the prices they charge for such a very limited experience? I certainly won't pay the $6,000 my late June/July trip is costing to only go to MK with limited experiences there.

My guess is if true they know this and hope it helps limit crowds at the beginning. I’m sure it will primarily be local passholders who are okay with this and the guests with more money on the line return later.

My guess is if true they know this and hope it helps limit crowds at the beginning. I’m sure it will primarily be local passholders who are okay with this and the guests with more money on the line return later.
That won't help their hotel business though, since local passholders don't normal rent a room

If the rumors are true, I don't see how Disney can justify the prices they charge for such a very limited experience? I certainly won't pay the $6,000 my late June/July trip is costing to only go to MK with limited experiences there.
I am sure that is the case for you and many many others, makes sense. However with it being the only park open they would have no problem filling it, even with reduced experience, you aren't splitting the crowd across the other parts. On opening day if they don't cap attendance to whatever percentage, it will be a full house.

That won't help their hotel business though, since local passholders don't normal rent a room

If they need a slower phased opening, it makes sense to me they don’t want people coming down shelling out thousands of dollars expecting a full blown Disney vacation.

I am sure that is the case for you and many many others, makes sense. However with it being the only park open they would have no problem filling it, even with reduced experience, you aren't splitting the crowd across the other parts. On opening day if they don't cap attendance to whatever percentage, it will be a full house.
But for how long? Other parks have to be open by late July/August

I don’t know what they’ll do but I know if I were a local passholder, I’d go regardless of how limited the experience was. The only question for me as a passholder is are they going to start the clock on my AP when they’re reducing the offering. I’m pretty willing to accept a lot, but there are limits on what I’ll give up when I’m spending so much to go.

We're about to do the same thing. We have a DVC trip mid June at the Beach Club and want to move it to 2021 but were waiting for more info before doing this. Can't justify a Disney trip with all of these modified experiences. However, if some of the rumors are true the Beach Club won't be open anyways
We were scheduled for the Beach Club too! I feel better about waiting until next year because I’m not good with the wait and see if things work out or not (or what will be open or not/or will we have to wear masks or not). I do much better with plans, which is probably why I love planning a Disney vacation so much 🤣

In regards to the DVC CM on the phone... I agree, I do not fully believe they have any “inside” information that they have been privy to receive. (Maybe I’m wrong, but will take it with a grain of salt for now.) However, the June 15th date does stand out to me, since that’s the first time I’ve heard such a specific date mentioned. Why?

1. They have given guests affected by the closure who have already purchased tickets the ability to reschedule to use them, with no additional fee, by December 15th. That would be a 6 month extension, and maybe I’m just losing my mind (which is very possible right now!), but why would they specifically choose the 15th? Why not allow them to use “by the end of the year”? Just my thoughts.

2. The Governor of FL is expected to announce a plan of reopening this upcoming week. June 15th would align with what could potentially happen. Let’s say... Phase 1 begins May 4th for 2 weeks, then Phase 2 would begin May 18th, finally Phase 3 would begin June 1st. Possibly do a very soft opening for 2 weeks, or wait until Phase 3 goes through 2 weeks before finally opening?

I believe Disney will wait until DeSantis makes his announcement, since they obviously cannot do anything until then, to start preparing for opening and say anything. But I do not believe DeSantis’ decisions are not somehow in line with what Disney is thinking and planning, seeing as they are such a huge money maker for the state.

Anyone else find it odd that Disney has been so quiet through all of this? Universal layed out some plans for reopening and talked about opening sooner rather than later. Disney didn't deny the closed til 2021 rumors.

I actually don’t think it’s very odd. I don’t think they really want to officially commit to anything with how fluid the situation is.

I really think they’re following the constantly changing developments, models, recommendations and I would bet they have outlined many different timing and opening scenarios.

I don’t think they want to commit to anything that seems too aggressive. By waiting, it gives the impression that they are waiting to make a decision until it’s safe to - more cautious approach.

I’ve also been thinking about this a lot. With the 4 CM keys being Safety, Courtesy, Show & Efficiency, (I think) it’s going to take a lot of creativity to achieve those as they phase in their opening.

Disney just has a different reputation & image than Universal, and I think they’re being very careful to not mess this up. Universal doesn’t get the same mass media attention as Disney does.

Last edited:
In regards to the DVC CM on the phone... I agree, I do not fully believe they have any “inside” information that they have been privy to receive. (Maybe I’m wrong, but will take it with a grain of salt for now.) However, the June 15th date does stand out to me, since that’s the first time I’ve heard such a specific date mentioned. Why?

1. They have given guests affected by the closure who have already purchased tickets the ability to reschedule to use them, with no additional fee, by December 15th. That would be a 6 month extension, and maybe I’m just losing my mind (which is very possible right now!), but why would they specifically choose the 15th? Why not allow them to use “by the end of the year”? Just my thoughts.

2. The Governor of FL is expected to announce a plan of reopening this upcoming week. June 15th would align with what could potentially happen. Let’s say... Phase 1 begins May 4th for 2 weeks, then Phase 2 would begin May 18th, finally Phase 3 would begin June 1st. Possibly do a very soft opening for 2 weeks, or wait until Phase 3 goes through 2 weeks before finally opening?

I believe Disney will wait until DeSantis makes his announcement, since they obviously cannot do anything until then, to start preparing for opening and say anything. But I do not believe DeSantis’ decisions are not somehow in line with what Disney is thinking and planning, seeing as they are such a huge money maker for the state.

I think they chose December 15th because their biggest and most expensive time of year is Christmas. They are probably expecting big crowds to pay full price- and they expect by Christmas things will be more “normal.” Traditionally it is hard to find Disney discounts a few days before Christmas up until New Year’s. They think they can fill the parks and resorts with new people- they won’t need the reschedules at that time.

I actually don’t think it’s very odd. I don’t think they really want to officially commit to anything with how fluid the situation is.

I really think they’re following the constantly changing developments, models, recommendations and I would bet they have outlined many different timing and opening scenarios.

I don’t think they want to commit to anything that seems too aggressive. By waiting, it gives the impression that they are waiting to make a decision until it’s safe to - more cautious approach.

I’ve also been thinking about this a lot. With the 4 CM keys being Safety, Courtesy, Show & Efficiency, (I think) it’s going to take a lot of creativity to achieve those as they phase in their opening.

Disney just has a different reputation & image than Universal, and I think they’re being very careful to not mess this up. Universal doesn’t get the same mass media attention that Disney does.

I completely agree. I listened to the Task Force call when they discussed theme parks reopening, and while I was hoping Josh D’Amaro would be on it, I wasn’t shocked that he didn’t join. I believe they don’t want specific plans released to the public until they are ready to announce a firm decision on how they are moving forward. They have had conversations with DeSantis who was quoted saying Disney is “ahead of the curve” in their plan, or something along the lines of that. However, I do believe they will be along similar lines with Universal, with maybe a few additional surprises that will leave us all thinking “wow, I didn’t think of that.”

As for the 4 Keys - those are correct, however safety trumps them all. They can technically omit the others if it’s to keep everyone safe. But I do think they are going to do the best they can to incorporate them all into their plan.

Anyone else find it odd that Disney has been so quiet through all of this? Universal layed out some plans for reopening and talked about opening sooner rather than later. Disney didn't deny the closed til 2021 rumors.

I am surprised they didn't deny those rumors when asked. I mean how hard would it be to say, "We expect to be up and running in some fashion before the end of the year." Denying the rumors would surely benefit them in multiple ways - improve stock rating, guests who may not have booked since Disney is silent, would book etc....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter