• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering we are less than 3 weeks away from June 1st, (and Pete has mentioned on numerous podcasts that he has it on good authority they are trying to open some parks/resorts on June 1st).
Someone on the cancellations thread said they got an email that their magical express tags for their June 1st arrival at VGF shipped. They are DVC. They called to confirm and they said they had indeed been shipped. Could be nothing, or could be an indicator MK/MK resorts/DVC or some combo is opening first.

But people are not being given the choice of not going. If a company is radically changing its entry policies and will likely be removing/changing experiences (ie: firework shows, parades, other events, capacity limits, etc) and you have determined that the trip is no longer value for the price, there needs to be refunds. No one is arguing about Disney's legal right to change their policies. But understand that there is going to be a lot of people who paid money assuming things to be one way and now they aren't going to even remotely resemble what was expected. I don't want to have to go to Disney and have it feel like a prison or a bio level 4 containment area. I find it ridiculous and so will a lot of people. And it's simply best business practice to honor refunds at that point.

No the pandemic is not Disney's fault, but it is also not my fault either.
And I haven’t seen evidence that Disney doesn’t plan on giving people refunds (stateside, at least). I also think the likening of wearing masks to being imprisoned or in a BSL 4 containment area is so completely hyperbolic that it’s difficult to take you seriously.
If the trip, based on the policy changes necessary for Disney to open safely, no longer fits your needs, cancel your trip and get your refund. This is still a choice you’re making, however.

So did they cancel June reservations? I only got back on here because the local news said no reservations now until July now. But no more info really.
No NEW reservations for June. Existing ones still exist for now, but if they do what they've been doing in May . they may just be doing "rolling" cancellations. (In other words .. they MAY, this week, decide to just cancel reservations the first week of June if they don't plan on opening up).

Someone on the cancellations thread said they got an email that their magical express tags for their June 1st arrival at VGF shipped. They are DVC. They called to confirm and they said they had indeed been shipped. Could be nothing, or could be an indicator MK/MK resorts/DVC or some combo is opening first.
I think those things are automated, so it may have been scheduled to go out way before then.
If they were to cancel reservations for June and continue doing it week to week, tomorrow and Thursday will see cancellations for the first week of June
omg I thought today IS Wednesday...
I’m losing it 😩

But people are not being given the choice of not going. If a company is radically changing its entry policies and will likely be removing/changing experiences (ie: firework shows, parades, other events, capacity limits, etc) and you have determined that the trip is no longer value for the price, there needs to be refunds. No one is arguing about Disney's legal right to change their policies. But understand that there is going to be a lot of people who paid money assuming things to be one way and now they aren't going to even remotely resemble what was expected. I don't want to have to go to Disney and have it feel like a prison or a bio level 4 containment area. I find it ridiculous and so will a lot of people. And it's simply best business practice to honor refunds at that point.

No the pandemic is not Disney's fault, but it is also not my fault either.

Thank you for helping me explain what I meant to say. Much appreciated!
Truth be told english is only my 4th language :)

Disney custodial CMs were called back to Disney Springs (prob was already said) but - if only 3rd party businesses opening, do they supply their own custodial staff? Or is the Disney custodial staff returning, indicative of Disney owned things reopening in the Springs?

Intersting. If Disney is planning on being open and they plan on opening just some of the resorts, or some of the parks, or only allowing in certain people, I feel they still have a lot of logistics to announce and soon.

There may be people that are scheduled to arrive the first week of June that won't want to go due to "reduced experiences" .. My trip isn't until June 15th and I am one of those. I want to know what I am getting into (besides just maybe having to wear masks .. aww nuts .. I mentioned the "m" word again!) .. to see if what they are offering is worth the price I am planning on paying. At this point, I feel if Disney has any sort of closed parks or attractions, they would need to offer me some sort of huge incentive to continue on with my vacation (not even counting the "threat" of the virus hanging around).

Just to give people the benefit of the doubt, maybe some of you don't know there are two very healthy threads on masks use:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/how-do-you-feel-about-wearing-a-mask-at-disney-parks.3801147/https://www.disboards.com/threads/the-great-mask-debate.3801186/
This thread was opened for the purposes of sharing WDW procedures once they open and if you listen to Chapek's interview he does say they will "likely require" masks for both CM and guests
Now many on here have been posting for a very long time and take these boards as a way to share their opinions, many obviously enjoy the never ending back and forth, and that is all ok
If you find yourself getting frustrated, yelling at your screen, trying to change other people's minds with your point, then I can tell you you will lose the battle and maybe it's time to turn the Dis off and go do something else
The DIS is not a place to change anyone's minds, (for that matter none of social media is) it is a aplace to come get suggestions for trips, read some reports and, in threads like these, share your opinions on what might work and what might not
If you cannot separate yourself from the boards and still feel frustrated you can use the ignore button
Click on that pesky poster that simply cannot see your way of things and you cannot stand and hit ignore, voila , you won't see their posts anymore.
If you enjoy the back and forth and never ending argument then by all means enjoy (as long as the mod decides to allow it) but please no name calling, no offensive language, no sarcasm and no politics or religion.

Disney custodial CMs were called back to Disney Springs (prob was already said) but - if only 3rd party businesses opening, do they supply their own custodial staff? Or is the Disney custodial staff returning, indicative of Disney owned things reopening in the Springs?
The only thing the Disney Springs tenants would clean are their own establishments. Landlord would clean much of the outside, parking, escalators, public bathrooms etc.

Intersting. If Disney is planning on being open and they plan on opening just some of the resorts, or some of the parks, or only allowing in certain people, I feel they still have a lot of logistics to announce and soon.

There may be people that are scheduled to arrive the first week of June that won't want to go due to "reduced experiences" .. My trip isn't until June 15th and I am one of those. I want to know what I am getting into (besides just maybe having to wear masks .. aww nuts .. I mentioned the "m" word again!) .. to see if what they are offering is worth the price I am planning on paying. At this point, I feel if Disney has any sort of closed parks or attractions, they would need to offer me some sort of huge incentive to continue on with my vacation (not even counting the "threat" of the virus hanging around).
Just curious with your trip being June 15, have you paid in full yet? Will you pay in full if they haven't formally announced their plans yet as to masks and what experiences will be available? I haven't been keeping up on the latest cancellation policies but I'm starting to wonder about my July trip as far as when I'll need to PIF relative to opening/announcements.

I was thinking about this last night. We don’t do parades, characters or fireworks. I thought, well then what the heck do we do there then? Absence of any of those things wouldn’t really prevent me from going, but I’ve also said we’d go for just a resort stay so I’m not the typical Disney goer. We really go for the rides, food, drinks and atmosphere. As my son puts it, Disney is very good at nostalgia pandering (he said it not me). 😆 I love it there, so whatever works!

If any group is likely to be ok with that, it's the DVC group. I've seen a lot of chatter about people doing resort only stays over in the DVC fan Facebook group. I think people are likely to know what they're getting themselves in to if they're keeping June reservations.

What are Traditions CM's?
they are the CM that train new CM hires the first 2 days, they go to Disney University and get a class on Disney World and the company's history, then they go to MK and walk around with them and show them the 4 keys in action. When you go to MK and see a bunch of people dressed nicely (slacks, dresses, no jeans or sneakers) they are new CM being walked around by a Traditions CM

Just curious with your trip being June 15, have you paid in full yet? Will you pay in full if they haven't formally announced their plans yet as to masks and what experiences will be available? I haven't been keeping up on the latest cancellation policies but I'm starting to wonder about my July trip as far as when I'll need to PIF relative to opening/announcements.
My “pay in full” day was yesterday for my June 9 trip, according to MDE. I’ve seen people say that full isn’t actually due until closer to checkin, but I changed my dates yesterday instead of making the final payment. With all of the uncertainty around opening, I just felt more comfortable moving our trip to October.

No .. it is a room-only reservation, and one of the main reasons I have kept it for this long, since the room-only cancellation policy is pretty relaxed to begin with and I don't have to pay in full. I am also driving (always have), so no worries about airline changes/cancellations. My hope is that when Disney announces what the parks will look like for the next month or two, that they will either offer me an incentive to keep my reservation or give me a nice bounce-back offer to come back later in the year (or next year). I am sorta holding onto my reservation to take advantage of any offers/promotions.

I was thinking about this last night. We don’t do parades, characters or fireworks. I thought, well then what the heck do we do there then? Absence of any of those things wouldn’t really prevent me from going, but I’ve also said we’d go for just a resort stay so I’m not the typical Disney goer. We really go for the rides, food, drinks and atmosphere. As my son puts it, Disney is very good at nostalgia pandering (he said it not me). 😆 I love it there, so whatever works!

For me, it could be the potential loss of "atmosphere" that would also make me not want to go .. as silly as it sounds .. I am not sure I want to go (and pay a lot of money) for things not running, everyone running around in masks (and constantly reminding me of this stupid virus). I feel the atmosphere and magic may be lost if you have to wait in 6 foot separate lines, if you have to wear masks all the time and if half the attractions and restaurants are closed.

I feel there will be disappointment around every corner (for me and the kids). "I want to see Cinderella! -- Sorry sweetie, she isn't home today. Or "Let's go to Tom Sawyer Island! - sorry son, they removed all the guns from the fort because too many people touch them" Or .. "Let's go see the Tiki Tiki birds! Sorry kids, we can't see any indoor shows. What? No Country Bears? Nope, sorry .. but we can get some Nachos at Pecos Bill Cafe .. we just have to eat outside in the hot sun because they aren't allowing indoor seating."

See?

If I was a local, I'd go to experience some things, but as a family vacation? Maybe not yet.

My trip is 6/21 I've only paid the $200 deposit. My remainder is due on May 22nd. I'm hoping, (doubtful) for some updates by then since DS phased opening is next week. If not I think I will pay in full and just wait it out to see if it gets cancelled. I really want to go but as stated before I'm also someone that makes 1-2 trips a year and would be okay with just doing DS and resort as long as the pool is open. It's just my husband and I though. I guess we'll see if they make any cancellations for June this week or next. It stinks it's such a waiting game but we knew this when we booked.

I also looked into reserving Hilton Head as a backup since we're driving to Disney for the first time and there is ZERO availability for June and July. Not one single night available to book paying cash not points. Has anyone had any luck in the past booking there before as a non DVC member?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter