RUMORED New Disney Dining Plan Plus!! (DDP+)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. We are staying CL, but may be interested in it if it follows the current rules of allowing the use of 2 credits for Signatures. Also, I wonder how it works for those of us that booked a Free Dining package (either Bounceback or General Public). Could we upgrade to it, since these plans were not available when those promos were open for booking? So many questions!

Also, I wonder if Deluxe DDP will be going away? With Disney cracking down on “creative” dining plan uses, instead of disallowing sharing of credits, they can just offer a plan that has 2 TS instead of 3 TS per day. Less credits to share.

I guess I am getting old, I thought at one time Deluxe was offered

I want to know if it will include apps or not. I'm guessing not, but it would make me more interested if it did.

This plan could be ideal when we CL; teen ds and DH are never satisfied with standard dining plan. Their preference is DxDP always, so I hope it isn’t eliminated. I always run numbers based on touring plan and adrs, but the dining plan is best value for us in pretty much every scenario even though don’t drink alcohol and often use snack credits for bottled waters and bagged items waiting for Magical Express.

Interesting how the blurb specifies counter service, character and table service
but not Dinner shows or signature dining. Seems like an expanded middle tier plan vs a reduced dxdp
Probably just because they don't want people developing the mindset of eating just one meal a day. It seems it would be possible to use it for just one Signature/show a day, but then what do you do about the other meals? Pay out of pocket? Might as well just choose tge Deluxe plan.
And have to think on average, people aren’t going to get the most expensive entrees twice per day (2 steaks per day, every day?)
Sure i would :D And don't forget to count the drinks! Example: 'Ohana breakfast is $34.99. wdwinfo.com doesn't llist a drink menu so guessing tye prices are in the range of Tambu Lounge, $11.50. $49.51 with tax.
Dinner at The Wave. $34 steak, $11 dessert, Chocolate Martini $12. With tax $60.71. Two snacks, $10. Not a great bargain, but i would come out ahead.
This could be a game changer for us if they allow DVC members to purchase this plan. And of course, the price has to be right.
Don't see why Disney wouldn't allow it.
I hope they dont eliminate the disney deluxe dining plan when they add this new one.....
I can't see them eliminating any plan in the middle of a year.
I must be getting old, too. What do you mean?

Are you talking about free dining?

If so, I don't think so. Moderates used to get the DDP up until 2016, but have been relegated to the QSDP since 2017. Deluxe resort reservations have always gotten the regular DDP, as far back as I can remember.

Probably just because they don't want people developing the mindset of eating just one meal a day. It seems it would be possible to use it for just one Signature/show a day, but then what do you do about the other meals? Pay out of pocket? Might as well just choose tge Deluxe plan.

Sure i would :D And don't forget to count the drinks! Example: 'Ohana breakfast is $34.99. wdwinfo.com doesn't llist a drink menu so guessing tye prices are in the range of Tambu Lounge, $11.50. $49.51 with tax.
Dinner at The Wave. $34 steak, $11 dessert, Chocolate Martini $12. With tax $60.71. Two snacks, $10. Not a great bargain, but i would come out ahead.

Don't see why Disney wouldn't allow it.

I can't see them eliminating any plan in the middle of a year.

I must be getting old, too. What do you mean?
I am thinking my memory is not as sharp as it once was, or maybe it is just full and is dumping old stuff ha ah

Good example, just barely ahead and that’s including a really above-average amount of steak (every day?) and alcohol (2 per day, every day, is a bit high for men and double the recommendation for women).
I’m sure there are some people who want 4 desserts, 2 steaks and 2 drinks per day. But I have to think it’s a small minority of potential guests.

Is there a chance they could raise the cost of the other dining plans at the same time they introduce this new plan? Im thinking if I should lock in the dining plan im debating on now just in case.

For what it's worth, Kenny the Pirate ir reporting on Facebook that "The Disney Dining Plan Plus is a new option Walt Disney World guests can use when they book a vacation package on or after February 27, 2020.

To me this sounds like you might have to cancel and book a new package in order to get it.

Is there a chance they could raise the cost of the other dining plans at the same time they introduce this new plan? Im thinking if I should lock in the dining plan im debating on now just in case.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they do raise the prices ...

As I think about it more, I'm struggling to figure out the benefit for Disney.

I think the benefit to Disney is that this may convince more people to buy a dining plan. Currently, you have a group of guests with no plan that feels like a good fit. They are the folks who really are not fans of quick service meals. So they definitely will not buy the QS Plan, and they really don't want the regular plan, either, since it still leaves them stuck with a quick service meal every single day.

BUT, people complain all of the time that the deluxe plan is just too much food per day...that people simply cannot eat 3 full meals a day. So this plan fills the gap-----it's for people who only want 2 meals, but who want those meals to be at sit down locations. :)

And while there are definitely people who make out better financially with the dining plan, for a whole lot of people the plan is more about convenience than an actual savings, so Disney makes money off of them---IF they buy a plan. So the more people buying a plan, the better for Disney. :)

Plus, people with dining plans are very unlikely to leave Disney property for a meal and may even be less likely to get groceries. And we know that Disney is all about keeping us on property. :)

Lastly, I think the more often people buy plans with table service options, the higher the possibility that they may go eat at other resorts, and that leads some people to add those resorts to their future Disney "to-stay" lists, which may be one more reason for people to return again again to WDW. :)

We’ve never stayed on property before and will have the free dining QS plan for our first onsite stay this year. I can’t imagine wanting to sit down at 2 meals a day let alone 3. I know QS is sort of maligned around here but it seems like a great way to get some quick and yummy food. This new plan would for sure be out of my budget for 5 of us.

Interesting. We are staying CL, but may be interested in it if it follows the current rules of allowing the use of 2 credits for Signatures. Also, I wonder how it works for those of us that booked a Free Dining package (either Bounceback or General Public). Could we upgrade to it, since these plans were not available when those promos were open for booking? So many questions!

Also, I wonder if Deluxe DDP will be going away? With Disney cracking down on “creative” dining plan uses, instead of disallowing sharing of credits, they can just offer a plan that has 2 TS instead of 3 TS per day. Less credits to share.
This. I do think Disney is noticing how people are getting the "best value" out of the Deluxe plan with the credits to share. They are thinking they might need to crack down on that.

This. I do think Disney is noticing how people are getting the "best value" out of the Deluxe plan with the credits to share. They are thinking they might need to crack down on that.

Or...or...or...Disney is simply giving people another option that may work better for them.

Not singling you out specifically, but some folks just instantly think the worst.

Let's wait until more info comes out before rolling out the pitchforks...I like to pile on Disney as much as anyone, but we really know nothing other than this is a new plan for now, and very few details otherwise.

FYI, just tonight we asked DVC member services if they had any info on this and they said they knew chatter was out there on the blogs about a new plan but they have been given no official info on it.

Interesting how the blurb specifies counter service, character and table service
but not Dinner shows or signature dining. Seems like an expanded middle tier plan vs a reduced dxdp

The current dining plan doesn't specify Dinner Shows or Signature Dining either though. You will notice at the link they specify "other ways to redeem" but that is not the basis of what the plan is.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/disney-deluxe-dining-plan/
One would assume you can combine the 2 credits for a signature restaurant just like on the Deluxe plan. Would be pretty stupid if they didn't allow that.

I think its more about the primary message and value. If you start throwing out 2 for here or 1 for here it confuses the "masses". Instead you state its 2 and then like the link above you expand to other options of how to use the plan.

I expect the price to be $110-$118...and for DxDP to have a big price increase, too...not that I'm cynical or anything...but again, Disney does tend to like to push the limits for folks to pay...

I think the only way they could do that is if all the restaurants plan on a price increase to their meals. The plan is already hard for many people to make "worth it". I know its not supposed to save you money in Disneys eyes but it at least has to somewhat make sense.

I am interested to see the price as well. We have done the DDP but always felt the Deluxe plan was just too much food for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter