SAP+ ?

The walk from BW villas to Epcot seems really far. Is that not the case? I thought most people took the boat.
As others have said, it’s really not that far - in January or February (or other months) when it’s cool and the humidity isn’t making it hard to breathe. We do frequently take the boat, but that’s because we’re old, and also because on our first stay at BW in 1996 I got really bad blisters the very first day, walking from BWV to Epcot with the wrong socks on.
Interesting. I always look at where the farthest away room is because that's, inevitably, the one we end up in. 🤣 Looks like I might be either/or for walk vs. boat to Epcot. But definitely boat to HS. Of course...I'll probably still never be able to stay at any of these resorts so it's all just dreams anyway.
Well, the farthest BWV room from Epcot is the closest to DHS, and you might as well walk from there to DHS because DHS is about the same distance as the closest boat dock, which is at Swan/Dolphin. If your BWV room is closer to Epcot, take the boat from BW to DHS.

Hopefully you can see the little blue boat dock symbols on this Google Map:
IMG_0077.jpeg

Never say never :) I’ve been able to snag Boardwalk somewhat regularly without owning there. The owners typically avoid using their points on anything but a standard or BW view just because the Pool/Garden view costs the same amount as BW view

I just looked at the points chart and I don't see a Pool/Garden view option. Standard and Boardwalk/Preferred are the only 2 options.

OHH...I just went to "book a vacation" and I see it now as an option during booking. I was only looking here before - https://cdn1.parksmedia.wdprapps.di...log/resorts/dvc-resorts/2025-BWV-11.17.23.pdf

So the garden/pool is the more likely one to get at 7 months then? I'll keep an eye out! (Sorry to go so off topic, all. I'm really good at that and I know it bugs people.)
Yep! Pool/Garden is the one most likely to get into Boardwalk. What I usually do is book P/G and then waitlist boardwalk view for the dates I have selected since it costs the same amount of points anyways :P

OHH...I just went to "book a vacation" and I see it now as an option during booking. I was only looking here before - https://cdn1.parksmedia.wdprapps.di...log/resorts/dvc-resorts/2025-BWV-11.17.23.pdf

So the garden/pool is the more likely one to get at 7 months then? I'll keep an eye out! (Sorry to go so off topic, all. I'm really good at that and I know it bugs people.)
Yes, Preferred on the points chart = P/G view. It goes back to when BW view and P/G view were one booking category. In all these years my brain had never registered that the points chart doesn’t say P/G!

It’s half the distance of Disneyland Hotel to the center of the Esplanade.

I’d walk it to International Gateway, but take the boat to HS.
Wow, 7min walk, that is way closer than I was thinking. lol

So that means DLH to Esplanade is the same?
13min for Esplanade to 7-11 (Twice as far as BWV to Epcot) I guess that walk down Harbor can be brutal at the end of the night, but I never even think twice in the morning, & we usually stay even further.

13min for Esplanade to 7-11 (Twice as far as BWV to Epcot) I guess that walk down Harbor can be brutal at the end of the night, but I never even think twice in the morning, & we usually stay even further.

I frequently stayed down by the convention centre. It is a bit of a long slog at the end of the night (slightly further than VDH, but not much).

I figure the difference is mostly the lack of traffic lights crossings, the far easier security berm and the accessibility to the monorail or Pixar Pier entrance if one wants to be lazy.

Long term though, there’s a strong possibility for new entries as part of Disneyland forward (certainly stronger for at least one now that there are financial commitments) and likewise the eastern gateway could move security across harbour necessitating another road crossing (presumably pedestrian bridges will come).

Very real chance in 10 years the walk from VDH drops to minutes and the walk from the convention center adds 5 minutes. That’s my gamble at least!

It really is not that bad and trust me, I'm lazy as hell. If the boat is there, sure I'll take the boat but if not it's really not like a big inconvenience or anything like that. A 7 minute walk is about as close as things get in Disney World. You can't even make a loop around world showcase that quickly.

Acronym questions: Does SAP mean starting acquisition point? I have no idea on SSR. Thanks in advance!
Sleep Around Points (SAP) - usually lower cost pts that can be used elsewhere at the 7-month mark when home resort advantage opens to everyone.

SSR = Saratoga Springs Resort, a popular option for SAPs with its relatively lower $/pt, long contract length, and again relatively lower dues.

Acronym questions: Does SAP mean starting acquisition point? I have no idea on SSR. Thanks in advance!
It stands for sleep around points aka buying points at a home resort you don’t intend to stay at.

I think we’re calling SAP+ points where you enjoy the home resort, but also don’t feel bad about using the points at another resort and are still a good value. This is essentially what my AUL and AKV points are to me whereas my RIV points I try to avoid using them anywhere but more coveted resorts like BC/BW and if not there should be used at RIV.

Sleep Around Points (SAP) - usually lower cost pts that can be used elsewhere at the 7-month mark when home resort advantage opens to everyone.

SSR = Saratoga Springs Resort, a popular option for SAPs with its relatively lower $/pt, long contract length, and again relatively lower dues.

Thanks LittleBitGoofy! Total brain cramp on SSR, I was just there in January!

It stands for sleep around points aka buying points at a home resort you don’t intend to stay at.

I think we’re calling SAP+ points where you enjoy the home resort, but also don’t feel bad about using the points at another resort and are still a good value. This is essentially what my AUL and AKV points are to me whereas my RIV points I try to avoid using them anywhere but more coveted resorts like BC/BW and if not there should be used at RIV.
My SSR points are my SAP+ points!

Yeah...honestly, probably not worth the cost if you aren't going to really utilize the hotel. But you can definitely wander through the lobby at least. Especially easy if you just go through the DCA entrance/exit to take a quick walk around.
Oops. I was just casually perusing the booking availability and my unicorn popped up for the exact night we wanted to stay at DLR next week- a VGC studio:woohoo: Maybe not worth $700+ cash for the night but it feels fitting to use 26 of my Copper Creek points!

On a separate note my wife and I were looking at BC/BW 2BD, AKV GV (J & K), Polly Bungalows, BLT GV TP, and GF GV last night on you tube.

After the BC/BW, AK & Poly we got to BLT GV TP and she said “now that’s what I’m talking about!”…. then we watched the GF GV and she said “Ok…. well obviously that one is the best…”

So… I think I have my marching orders 🤣
Warning, once you start trying out those rooms, your addonitis will really kick into high gear. Trust me!

That said, the GVs are nice! We've stayed at AKV Jambo GV, CCV GV and Cabins, BLT GV (Theme Park View) and the PVB Bungalow, and they were each wonderful stays that I want to do more and more of. If only my bank account were larger!

Warning, once you start trying out those rooms, your addonitis will really kick into high gear. Trust me!

That said, the GVs are nice! We've stayed at AKV Jambo GV, CCV GV and Cabins, BLT GV (Theme Park View) and the PVB Bungalow, and they were each wonderful stays that I want to do more and more of. If only my bank account were larger!
When all of our points close we will be up to 950 AUL points, 497 VGC points, and 125 VGF points….. so…. I think we’ve got the addonitis covered….. except for potentially another 60 VGF….

Our plan is to use the AUL war chest to stay in YOLO accommodations for a few years and then sell off some of the unsubsidized contracts to get down to 550 points once the youngest leaves the house.

But… if the rental market holds up then maybe we just rent the points some years and keep them in our hip pocket for big trips in GVs if the boys find significant others who are open to family trips to Hawaii or WDW….

Or we decide to stay in a 1Bd in Hawaii for 2-3 weeks in the winter if my job is still Work from Anywhere….

We shall see…

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter