Sapphire Falls now closed??

Adventura didn’t get the upgrade. Those reservations were moved to Cabana Bay. Sapphire is a preferred resort so that’s why their reservations were offered the upgrade to premium. No where else to move them since they are the only resort in the “preferred” category
Thanks for the info - would not be happy at all to be moved to CB from Adventura

WOW! Which are you going to switch to? (I think I'd choose Hard Rock since it's more expensive)
I ended up switching to Royal Pacific. We had a non-themed kids suite at Sapphire and they put us in the Jurassic kids suite at RP so that plus the free EPs ended up making me quite happy, despite the phone waits. I didn’t go with Hard Rock because I don’t like loud music and I was afraid the resort would be noisy. Their kids suite is advertised as having a light-up floor and music to dance to and I had images of neighbors stomping and blasting music 😂😂

Interesting. I had a reservation at Aventura the first weekend in December through the OI meetup rate, and got an email a few days ago that Endless Summer Dockside, Aventura, SF, and PBH are all no longer available for the group. Aventura people are to be moved to CBBR. Endless summer folks moved to Surfside, SF to RPR, PBH to HRH (all complementary plus a $25 dining credit for the ES and Aventura folks). I didn't suspect they were shutting them all down, but now I wonder...

Last edited:

It makes sense that they would try to consolidate hotels to reduce their costs. It probably saves a lot of expenses to have one hotel full rather than 2 hotels half-full each. And "full" may be a misnomer as that could mean some % of their total number of rooms. So even being "full" now might really only be 50% or 75% full under normal conditions.

Yeah - but if most of the guests are locals and not staying at the hotels they cant keep them all open.
With September and October begin slower typically - and no HHN - and states adding more travel bans I'm sure they had a ton of cancellations and it makes no sense to have so many hotels open.
If there was demand they would be open
Just got off phone with guest service and was upgraded to Hard Rock hotel no extra charge. Was wanting to cancel but decided to take free upgrade. However I asked her if the reason for closure do to low capacity and she said she is not sure but doesn't understand why they would be closing when the hotels that are open are filling up quickly. I hope they dont cram people into the remaining hotel because My reason for going is low crowds and advertised social distancing at resorts.

Just got off phone with guest service and was upgraded to Hard Rock hotel no extra charge. Was wanting to cancel but decided to take free upgrade. However I asked her if the reason for closure do to low capacity and she said she is not sure but doesn't understand why they would be closing when the hotels that are open are filling up quickly. I hope they dont cram people into the remaining hotel because My reason for going is low crowds and advertised social distancing at resorts.
Yeah that does not make a lot of sense - from what I understood they were keeping every other room empty - getting express pass for free is a pretty sweet deal

I have a Nov trip booked at Aventura and I haven't received anything. I am also a little upset I didn't pull the trigger on moving to SF when I considered it as I would not want to say at CBBR - I would have loved the added perk of the EP and premium upgrade. I guess I should check for my dates and see what is showing.

I have a Nov trip booked at Aventura and I haven't received anything. I am also a little upset I didn't pull the trigger on moving to SF when I considered it as I would not want to say at CBBR - I would have loved the added perk of the EP and premium upgrade. I guess I should check for my dates and see what is showing.
I didn't receive an email either I just called after reading this thread.

I didn't receive an email either I just called after reading this thread.
I just checked my dates and Aventura and SF no longer are listed. I really don't want to stay at CBBR with a dining credit in place of Aventura, but I also really don't want to spend an extra $125 a night to stay at a premium either. The one thing I was looking forward to is now all jacked up... should have figured a fall 2020 trip wouldn't be simple ....

I just checked my dates and Aventura and SF no longer are listed. I really don't want to stay at CBBR with a dining credit in place of Aventura, but I also really don't want to spend an extra $125 a night to stay at a premium either. The one thing I was looking forward to is now all jacked up... should have figured a fall 2020 trip wouldn't be simple ....
I agree - may want to call and see if they can work with you - worth a shot anyway.

I`m so sorry all your plans have been changed.

I would however, give them a call and explain you really don`t want Cabana Bay. It might be a waste of time and still be more than you understandably want to spend, but it might be worth asking.......good luck.....

I`m so sorry all your plans have been changed.

I would however, give them a call and explain you really don`t want Cabana Bay. It might be a waste of time and still be more than you understandably want to spend, but it might be worth asking.......good luck.....
I just called, only waited 6 minutes, the CS rep who answered was wonderful but aside from checking the rates for the other resorts said maybe I should wait and check if any rates change - she didn't know if they would but she understood my not wanting to go from Aventura to CBBR even if they were the same level resort. She said although she didn't want to say canceling is an option she did remind me I have 6 days before arrival to decide and to call back at any time before that to see what could change but that Aventura and SF are closed thru 12/31. I am almost hoping if I wait CBBR will be unavailable and the only choice will be RP. I would be willing to pay slightly more than my original stay but not double, which she agreed was a big ask especially when the rate from Aventura to SF was minimal originally.
Definitely kicking myself for not ignoring my hubby and just booking SF to begin with.

I just called, only waited 6 minutes, the CS rep who answered was wonderful but aside from checking the rates for the other resorts said maybe I should wait and check if any rates change - she didn't know if they would but she understood my not wanting to go from Aventura to CBBR even if they were the same level resort. She said although she didn't want to say canceling is an option she did remind me I have 6 days before arrival to decide and to call back at any time before that to see what could change but that Aventura and SF are closed thru 12/31. I am almost hoping if I wait CBBR will be unavailable and the only choice will be RP. I would be willing to pay slightly more than my original stay but not double, which she agreed was a big ask especially when the rate from Aventura to SF was minimal originally.
Definitely kicking myself for not ignoring my hubby and just booking SF to begin with.

We were at Aventura and had to change ours as well, I did however shorten the length of stay and changed those nights to HR as we had a split stay to begin with, so you had to stay at least 2 nights to keep the credit and we plan on going to VB for a day so it will work out, they got more money out of me obviously for adding the other nights to HR but it’s worth it knowing a resort we love.

Hope things work out for you, and it was just a luck of the draw thing, nobody anticipated a closure at either of those hotels, so the whole which hotel you can stay at is a bit annoying though, makes me wonder if there was another Covid issue amongst staff members, sad thing is they are being quiet about that, there was even some at VB that continued to work and that have kept it very quiet, although it did make it out into the media it was very quiet.

Will keep my fingers crossed for you, RP is far nicer than CBay......but completely understand not wanting to pay a big difference.

Keep us updated on what happens with your trip.....:thumbsup2

Will keep my fingers crossed for you, RP is far nicer than CBay......but completely understand not wanting to pay a big difference.

Keep us updated on what happens with your trip.....:thumbsup2
Funny enough, I went to the website to see what the nightly rate is for CBBR for my dates... hotel is unavailable for booking suggest the 3 premium hotels... highly doubt the resort is sold out.. and I am not signed in so it's not like the system knows I just called about those exact dates.

Finn, I remember seeing those at Adventura not wanting CB could upgrade to HRH or RPH for $50 More a night. Call back and see if they may give you that deal. With what your Adventura rate is, plus that $50 up-charge, it still may be a better rate than AP or other discount. Worth a try.

Bummed........we booked RPR back in Dec for our upcoming Thanksgiving trip cause we wanted the full unlimited EP benefits and the walking proximity to the parks. But the room was pricey for sure. If we had booked SF instead we could have ended up at RPR for much less money. I find it funny that the are moving people over as if they are putting people out by staying at the higher end properties. If had been me I would be THRILLED to get upgraded for free, lucky dogs!

Yeah I too am a little ticked that I paid what I did for Hard Rock for September and could have saved almost a $100 a night if I had booked SF and been upgraded for free. Kicking myself cause I had debated booking SF instead, we like that hotel but wanted the EP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter