Sapphire Falls now closed??

Does Universal own their resorts in the same capacity as Disney? I know some are Lowes properties so I wonder who is the "culprit" in this case.
Good Question - Loews manages the hotels and owns the Loews Brand - but as I understand it the hotels are co-owned.
Even if Loews is at fault since they manage it I doubt they made the decision without input from Universal

Are the hotels, specifically RPR, operating at reduced capacity due to Covid, even after closing SF and others?
We had a very lucky situation - had booked RPR club at $287 for 7 nights; decided club wasn't going to be the same, so cancelled that and booked SF for about $140. Less than a week later the announcement of closing SF came out. I called right away and got RPR at our SF rate! So this actually worked in our favour.
But now when I look at our dates, there is no availability at RPR. Does this mean it's at normal capacity or Covid capacity of reduced # of rooms? Just trying to gauge how 'full' it will be when we are there.
Thank you for any insight!

I read they have a cap on occupancy for now

It’s probably temporary due to the pandemic

Evaluation for future months will happen and reservations could increase for more bookings

Supposedly every other room is empty and they keep a room closed for 24 hours between stays - at least that is what they said initially - I find it hard to believe they would continue that - but if they are trying to keep park attendance to a minimum I guess it makes sense.

Anyone who stayed recently have experience with this

Are the hotels, specifically RPR, operating at reduced capacity due to Covid, even after closing SF and others?
We had a very lucky situation - had booked RPR club at $287 for 7 nights; decided club wasn't going to be the same, so cancelled that and booked SF for about $140. Less than a week later the announcement of closing SF came out. I called right away and got RPR at our SF rate! So this actually worked in our favour.
But now when I look at our dates, there is no availability at RPR. Does this mean it's at normal capacity or Covid capacity of reduced # of rooms? Just trying to gauge how 'full' it will be when we are there.
Thank you for any insight!

They have slashed AP rates on RPR and HH which is probably why dates are filling up with the reduced occupancy.

RPR can be had for an avg of $169 for most dates now including Xmas and Thanksgiving week. HH is averaging under $200 for most dates as well.

For the record I paid an AP rate of essentially $289 the week of 4th of July. It was over $1750 for six days. On Dec. 27 and 28 it was around $369 a night.

This year, Thanksgiving 6 nights = $1212 with taxes and fees. Xmas 8 nights = $1570 with taxes and fees. Looked at Disney and all the premier hotels at UOR are cheaper than Disney’s Values. So needless to say it’s no onsite at Disney this year.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter