Sayings that irk you

Legally drunk.
If it's legal, what's the problem? Isn't it being illegally drunk that is the problem?

In your own words. Teachers in school and court on TV. Tell us, in your own words.
Karg Blarg, kafarg flincht gaboink Kafelg.
?????!!!!!!
Well you told me to tell you in my own words. If you wanted me to use the same English words everyone else uses why didn't you say so?

Legally drunk.
If it's legal, what's the problem? Isn't it being illegally drunk that is the problem?

It just means you meet the legal definition of drunk. So if there's a .08 limit and you blow a .09 you are legally drunk and can be charged with drunk driving. If you blow a .05 you are not considered drunk under the law and are thus not legally drunk.

It just means you meet the legal definition of drunk. So if there's a .08 limit and you blow a .09 you are legally drunk and can be charged with drunk driving. If you blow a .05 you are not considered drunk under the law and are thus not legally drunk.

The joke went right over your head.

"It's on like Donkey Kong"....from people who are typically waaaaay too young to have ever played Donkey Kong

Legally drunk.

In your own words. Teachers in school and court on TV. Tell us, in your own words.
Karg Blarg, kafarg flincht gaboink Kafelg.
?????!!!!!!
Well you told me to tell you in my own words. If you wanted me to use the same English words everyone else uses why didn't you say so?

I prefer Legally Blind. Can you be arrested if you're illegally blind?

My pet peeve is "That's a whole nother thing." No it's not. It's either a "whole other thing", or "another thing". What's irritating is it's usually some news anchor who says it and they should know better.

"You can just go on-line to check it out" or " You can go on-line and order it have it sent to the store"

Why do these bother you?

Because... it's just a way of putting you off...its a non-answer....

examples...

" well I don't know, nor am I going to find out, or I could careless .... so you can check it out on line.... sure I work here... but I rather play candy crush until my shift is over, so you can just go on line and check it out...

Honestly when people say this .... do they think that I don't know or haven't looked on-line... that's why I'm here or have called to get clarification of whats on line is the way I'm reading it the correct way...

Take a sale ad into a store... "hi can you tell where this is" or god forbid you ask them to help you or show you where its at......You get this.... Ahhhh ... Ummmm... I don't know, and don't care, and I am leaning on this counter, and can't you see I'm texting on my phone... thus the phrase.... You can order it on line and have it delivered to the store and then they throw in free of charge...

If I wanted to order it on-line don't you think I would have... I want to purchase it right now, and walk out of the store with it... right now...If I have to come back to pick it up, its not free... I have to use my gas, and time...

Because... it's just a way of putting you off...its a non-answer....

examples...

" well I don't know, nor am I going to find out, or I could careless .... so you can check it out on line.... sure I work here... but I rather play candy crush until my shift is over, so you can just go on line and check it out...

Honestly when people say this .... do they think that I don't know or haven't looked on-line... that's why I'm here or have called to get clarification of whats on line is the way I'm reading it the correct way...

Take a sale ad into a store... "hi can you tell where this is" or god forbid you ask them to help you or show you where its at......You get this.... Ahhhh ... Ummmm... I don't know, and don't care, and I am leaning on this counter, and can't you see I'm texting on my phone... thus the phrase.... You can order it on line and have it delivered to the store and then they throw in free of charge...

If I wanted to order it on-line don't you think I would have... I want to purchase it right now, and walk out of the store with it... right now...If I have to come back to pick it up, its not free... I have to use my gas, and time...
Got it now. I didn't realize you meant people who should be helping you. I thought you meant just friends or family discussing certain items. Now it makes sense to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter