Scott & Vicki's Art Deco Wedding and Disneymoon May 29, 2011 *Wedding Day Report!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE all of your ideas. Putting them all together is absolutely adorable like you have. I'm sure it will come out adorable! Why can't I be this creative?? haha!

I've been lurking your PJ for a little while....

I love your ideas! Your broach bouquet idea is awesome, and I love the movie theming you're putting into your wedding. It looks so fun and unique.

I can't wait to read more.

No problem:thumbsup2 definitely post a pic of your cake after your honeymoon :)

I thought I would post a pic of our save the dates today. We sent them back in August, but this is what they ended up looking like

90ab1fa4bccda8685caeeb362f33e317_s

ee4dcd260a2447fdb69e3f0c02d5a0f1_s

We made two different colors.

We made photobooks of our engagement pictures on shutterfly for our parent's gifts

photo-4.jpg

Sorry the picture is so big :)

I have begun the challenge called a bridal brooch bouquet. I found a how to guide online and I have been collecting brooches for about a month it is coming along I will post the finish product when I am done. Here is what it looks like so far

photo-29.jpg

and here is the inspiration

il_570xN.201575895.jpg

il_570xN.201575910.jpg

Once it is wrapped properly it will create a nice circular look, I hoping it will turn out ok

So I followed you over form my PJ :rolleyes1 & I must say I LOVE your ideas! =] Everything's gorgeous! The wedding band your looking at is very very similar to what we're having made for mine! We can match!

So I LOOVE your bouquet. You wanna make me one too! I think the brooch bouquets are so stunning! Can't wait to read more!
:wizard:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE all of your ideas. Putting them all together is absolutely adorable like you have. I'm sure it will come out adorable! Why can't I be this creative?? haha!

Thanks! I am super excited how everything is coming together. I never thought I could be creative at all until I started planning the wedding. I started doing research on weddings and said to myself, I can do that and save a buck in the process, anybody can do it! If you see something I did that you like I can send you the instructions :)

I've been lurking your PJ for a little while....

I love your ideas! Your broach bouquet idea is awesome, and I love the movie theming you're putting into your wedding. It looks so fun and unique.

I can't wait to read more.

Thanks dear! The bouquet has been one of the more challenging things, but it has been fun!

So I followed you over form my PJ :rolleyes1 & I must say I LOVE your ideas! =] Everything's gorgeous! The wedding band your looking at is very very similar to what we're having made for mine! We can match!

So I LOOVE your bouquet. You wanna make me one too! I think the brooch bouquets are so stunning! Can't wait to read more!
:wizard:

Yeah for ring buddies! DF fell in love with that style so we had to get it, thanks for the compliment. I first saw these on etsy.com and they go for like $400 plus and I was like no way, I could totally do that for cheaper and I am 11 brooches away from finishing and I think I have spent less than $150, I think it's the labor more than anything they charge for I guess. lol

So did I mention I love movies! So much so that our candy buffet is not just a candy buffet, it's a concession stand! I have made signs and we are renting a popcorn machine. The popcorn boxes just came in last week! I shall post the sign I made for them soon :)

3008H_general.jpg

popcorn_machine_mti1.jpg

I am also in the process of making some videos to show at the reception. I saw the "wedding trailers" that people post on youtube.com and decided that I wanted one, I found a person who does it, but her videos were super expensive, so I decided to make my own. I wrote up a script got my photography/videography major brother to shoot it and volia! instant video, it's not done yet, it needs a few sounds here and there, but it is coming along.

I think I just figured our why I'm in love with your pj/ideas as much as I am! Brian and I are super huge movie fans as well!! We were initially going to do a horror movie themed wedding :-)

OMG a popcorn machine!?!!?? I want one of those for my reception!!!!!! :thumbsup2 Mmmmmmm the smell of freshly made popcorn is heaven!

I LOVE the idea of the brooch bouquet! It is so elegant and timeless, and not to mention it will last forever! It looks like such a cool idea!! Where are you finding the brooches from?

Keep your ideas coming! :woohoo:

I think I just figured our why I'm in love with your pj/ideas as much as I am! Brian and I are super huge movie fans as well!! We were initially going to do a horror movie themed wedding :-)

OMG! That would have been so awesome, I have never seen one of those before, on My Fair Wedding with David Tuterra he did a day of the dead theme wedding, but not movie related, that would have been pretty cool.

OMG a popcorn machine!?!!?? I want one of those for my reception!!!!!! :thumbsup2 Mmmmmmm the smell of freshly made popcorn is heaven!

I LOVE the idea of the brooch bouquet! It is so elegant and timeless, and not to mention it will last forever! It looks like such a cool idea!! Where are you finding the brooches from?

Keep your ideas coming! :woohoo:

I just finished up another craft tonight so I wanted to post. I am making my shirts for our Disneymoon and I wanted to share them. First I have to give credit where credit is due. I first saw the idea on PixyDusted's PJ back in 2009 when I joined here's the thread if you want complete instructions http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=29452226&highlight=mylar+paper#post29452226

Here's how my two shirts turned out, I think they look pretty good. I found the image online and placed all the crystals on the online of the image. I would have ordered one of the bride shirts from the Disney store website, but this seemed more fun and I wanted to save a buck in the process, and by now you know that I love saving money and I am up for a good challenge. Enjoy :)

photo-41.jpg

T shirt from Old Navy during their $1 tank top sale

photo-42.jpg

photo-40.jpg

photo-39.jpg

If your going to do this make sure you flip your image in word otherwise your word will be backwards, I did this the first time wrong when I was making a shirt for one of my bridesmaids :rotfl:

photo-43.jpg

Finished product, Thanks Mikkel for the idea :thumbsup2

Those came out great!!! I'm going to have to do something like this as well for Brian's niece. I want to make her one that says either bridesmaid or maid of honor. Since we aren't having a wedding party, I wanted to give this to her so we can wear our shirts while getting our mani/pedi's that morning. She's 10, I think she would love it. She likes really girly things :)

The shirts look great! I think I am just going to buy some iron-ons because I don't have the patience to do all the crystals myself, but it will still be cheaper.

And when does Old Navy have $1 tank sales?? I need to get to one of those!

Those came out great!!! I'm going to have to do something like this as well for Brian's niece. I want to make her one that says either bridesmaid or maid of honor. Since we aren't having a wedding party, I wanted to give this to her so we can wear our shirts while getting our mani/pedi's that morning. She's 10, I think she would love it. She likes really girly things :)

Thanks! She would totally love something like this and it doesn't take too long, you just have to have a little patience with it and a steady hand, lol.

The shirts look great! I think I am just going to buy some iron-ons because I don't have the patience to do all the crystals myself, but it will still be cheaper.

And when does Old Navy have $1 tank sales?? I need to get to one of those!

Thanks! Old Navy usually has the sale once every summer sometimes it's $1 sometimes its $2 depends on the summer and they nearly always have $1 flip flops once a summer :)

I just love all your plans. The art deco style is gorgeous and I love your bouquet. I'm making a brooch bouquet too, although I'm still in the collecting phase!

I just love all your plans. The art deco style is gorgeous and I love your bouquet. I'm making a brooch bouquet too, although I'm still in the collecting phase!

Thanks! I was very intimidated about the collecting phase I thought I would be at it for months, but I got a lot of support from family and I went absolutely mad on ebay buying everything up I could find at a decent price, it's crazy how vicious you can be when somebody comes between you and a couple of brooches :rotfl: You have to post pictures of yours when your done :)

Thanks! I was very intimidated about the collecting phase I thought I would be at it for months, but I got a lot of support from family and I went absolutely mad on ebay buying everything up I could find at a decent price, it's crazy how vicious you can be when somebody comes between you and a couple of brooches :rotfl: You have to post pictures of yours when your done :)

haha I agree! There's been many times that I've paid way too much for something on ebay just because there was somebody else trying to outbid me! I'm way to competitive, impatient and obsessive :rotfl:

haha I agree! There's been many times that I've paid way too much for something on ebay just because there was somebody else trying to outbid me! I'm way to competitive, impatient and obsessive :rotfl:

Glad I am not the only one!! You just described me to a "T"!! :lmao:

LOL I am the same with ebay too. I've learnt now to bid on stuff that ends while I'm at work, then there's less chance of me going mental.

LOL I am the same with ebay too. I've learnt now to bid on stuff that ends while I'm at work, then there's less chance of me going mental.

I tried that... but with having an iphone.. there is now an app for bidding, :rolleyes1 as well as you can set a maximum online and it will bid for your automatically if you are outbid! :rotfl2:

I think it is hopeless NOT to obsess..

KristiLyn you and me.... we can be founding members!! :rotfl:

I tried that... but with having an iphone.. there is now an app for bidding, :rolleyes1 as well as you can set a maximum online and it will bid for your automatically if you are outbid! :rotfl2:

I think it is hopeless NOT to obsess..

KristiLyn you and me.... we can be founding members!! :rotfl:

I agree! And I kind of laughed when you mentioned bidding from the iPhone. I do that all the time too! (as I type this message from my iPhone)

Glad I am not the only one!! You just described me to a "T"!! :lmao:

I agree! And I kind of laughed when you mentioned bidding from the iPhone. I do that all the time too! (as I type this message from my iPhone)

You girls are hilarious! :rotfl2: We couldn't be more in sink with each other! I just got my iphone about 4 months ago and since then I have been addicted. I can't help but get on the forums and ebay when I am in my grad classes, lol! We should totally start a club, I went crazy the other day over a brooch that I wanted, it almost got up to like $20 and mind you I never pay more than $3 for one! I wondering if there is an ebay anonymous group out there that can help us :rotfl:

I can't really add to the ebay chat... I have never used it. I'm one of those pay full price type of gals. :confused3

I really should look into becoming an ebay...er, lol.

Vicki, I am in love with all your ideas and creativity. The theming is perfect too. I wish I were as creative as you. You take bride on a budget to a whole other level! :worship:

Your engagement photos are gorgeous as well.

For the two different hairstyles, I was leaning more towards the second. It looks more like Tatiana, as someone else had mentioned.

Look forward to reading more about your plans! BTW: Any luck with Le Cellier??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter