Sept. 11th, 2004!!! Roll Call!

Hi all! I'm a former (as of Sunday morning) 9/4 cruiser. I just want to say that I sincerely hope and wish that you have the most beautiful weather for your cruise! :sunny:

Welcome to ALL the new cruisers who have found us!!!:wave2:

I'm sooooooo ready to go! We are flying into Orlando on Friday. Won't get there until late so I sure hope I'm not trying to figure out how to get from Orlando to another port! :confused:
There are 7 of us with luggage so it's not like we can rent a car!!!:headache: There would probably not be any available anyway!
I'm just going to be positive and plan on seeing you all AT Port Canaveral on Saturday afternoon!!!:teeth:

ldb,

I'm pretty sure that if we're leaving out of Fort Lauderdale DCL will be offering shuttles. Don't worry too much... we're getting on that ship!!!!!

Erin :D

Welcome all you new cruisers!!! While I was Hurricane Frances watch, I didn't post and now we have about 7 or 8 newbies!

Great news hearing all you Floridians are safe and ready to cruise!

What do you all think about Ivan?

We're packed and ready to go. I just hope there's someplace to go. I spent all Labor Day ironing for 4 and packing for 3. DH is on his own.

We're suppose to drive in on Friday to Port Carnaveral and stay at the Raddison. I see from the posts that those need to be soft plans.

Scrapperjill: Let me be the first one to buy you a margarita when we get on board. I have never seen so many obstacles that had to be hurdled to get on board this cruise.

God Bless us all!

Originally posted by HookedonMagic
The 11pm Ivan update is good news for all of us. I agree...looks like the 9/11 cruise will make it out of Port Canaveral (or some Florida port!) just in time...also looks like the ship will sail the Eastern itinerary. Hmmm, looks like I may have to pack, afterall!

Just speculation at this point, of course, but at least the "projected path" has it skipping Florida. Now if it would just fizzle and go away and not adversely impact anyone. That would be TRULY GREAT news!:smooth:

Hooked: Is this confirmed anywhere? I've been trying to keep up with the latest, but this is the first I've heard of an E. Carib itinerary. Frankly I don't mind a change of ports, even though I was more interested in W. Carib (hence the reason I booked this cruise in the first place!). But given all the turmoil down there, I just want to get on the boat safely and on time and enjoy a week of relaxation SOMEWHERE! :Pinkbounc :earseek:

DCL has not said anything yet about the ports the 9/11 cruise will be doing. Probably won't know anything until later in the week or even once we get on the ship.

4Sedgs-

The Radisson is closed until Saturday. Regardless of whether the Magic ports at PC or not, you need another reservation!

Hooked: Is this confirmed anywhere? I've been trying to keep up with the latest, but this is the first I've heard of an E. Carib itinerary.

It's not confirmed anywhere, but looking at the projected forecast for Ivan, it looks like we'll be going East instead of West. We may be able to go West if Ivan drops South, but if he doesn't, we'd cross paths in Key West on Sunday.

I just spoke with DCL (Tuesday 1:30pmEST) and was told that at this time we are scheduled to set sail from Port Canaveral as planned. No changes have been made in our schedule...they are flying over CC today and if it has sustained too much damage they will make a decision on a new port by Thursday. SOUNDS GREAT! Thanks to ERIC at DCL who made the trip sound exciting again!!!
Tracy :sunny:

I just talked to DCL as well at the travel agent's # (12:35pm central time) and the reservationist told me the WONDER, full of just crew, was on their way to CC now to check it out.
She was reading from an email she has just received from the president of the company. She said MAYBE they would know tomorrow!::yes::

Hey Pvangordon,

I was simply speculating about our cruise. Sorry if it sounded like I had some official word.:earseek: I just have no desire to get on a ship and ride through heavy seas and rain (which is what the Florida Straights will most likely have on Saturday and Sunday), so I'm hoping for an itinerary change (I picked this cruise because I got a great deal, not for the ports.) Cozumel and GC look like they will be spared any major impact by Ivan, but I don't see how the Magic will get there without traveling through some rough weather. Again, just me rambling and guessing here.:crazy:

Anyway, looks like we may have more word on ports by Thursday. That's good. Thanks for getting the official scoop, ldb and Tracy. We should have a lot better idea where Ivan is headed by then, as well. My in-laws are scheduled to fly to Orlando on Friday morning. They are watching the kids for us while we are gone. Therefore, I plan to decided by Thursday night whether we will be joining you all. No sense having the in-laws here all week if I'm home!:crazy2:

Hope to see you all Saturday. All of this speculation will be done and we can sail smoothly into a relaxing and peaceful week at sea!:boat:

Hi Guys and Gals, called the Radison today and the person I spoke with told me they were closing the Radison on the 8th but it was only going to be closed for 1 day and would open on the 9th. I told her we had a reservation for the 10th and she said no problem they would be open. So if anyone has any other information on this please let me know. As far a we know they are only closing on the 8th for 1 day for what ever reason.

Curtis:chat: Julie:crazy: Antoinette (DD6):Pinkbounc

Gotcha. I was just worried I had missed some big announcement!

By the way, I really want to thank everyone who keeps us updated on the latest and greatest. It's very useful to be able to come here and get a quick update.

Pam

I called the Radisson corporate line and they told me that the Radisson at the port would reopen for business on Thursday, 9 Sep 04. She checked my reservation and said I was good to go. I tried to call the hotel's direct line and it was busy. Fingers crossed - I think we're OK.

Are we still departing from Port Carnaveral? Do we have an itinerary yet?

:Pinkbounc

Good to know about the Radisson. It was reported that they would be closed till Saturday due to damage. I guess the damage wasn't that bad - that's good news!

Welcome to all the new cruisers!!!:wave2: I have been to busy all weekend watching the weather channel so get on line so I had a lot of catching up to do! Glad to hear all our friends in the path of Francis are OK. So glad that you are still on the cruise Scrapperjill. I think am going to tell my kids teachers that we are taking the kids out of school on a meterological trip to study hurricanes:rolleyes: Its a very educational trip!
:teeth:

GO AWAY IVAN! GO AWAY IVAN! GO AWAY IVAN!:mad:

For all you joining us in FL and have hotel reservations near PC...they are working very hard to get back up and running. As far as the news tells us, they all rec'd damage. BUT they are in the business of housing people and they ... and everyone in the state... is trying to get back to normal!::yes::

Lisa, great idea on making that call before the in-laws arrive! I understand where you stand. We will decide on Friday because I know that I can't leave my house, my son, and my dog if another hurricane is coming. The whole thought of that makes me sick. (Does your husband have anything for that?!):faint:

Well, think positive everyone!!:sunny:
Tracy

Cruisers leaving THIS week..UPDATE
Disney Cruise Line® –
Important Information
Revised September 7, 2004 4:30 pm EST

The impact of Hurricane Frances has required us to make additional changes to some upcoming sailings.

Disney Wonder, September 9, 3-night Bahamas Cruise
Due to the planned closure of Port Canaveral through Thursday, September 9, we will be embarking guests for this cruise from Port Everglades in Ft. Lauderdale.

Complimentary transfers to Port Everglades will be provided from:

The Orlando International Airport
The WDW Resort
Port Canaveral
The Ft. Lauderdale International Airport
The Miami International Airport
Guests with flights booked independent of Disney Cruise Line should remain on their scheduled flights to avoid change fees. Guests who are driving are encouraged to park at one of the Central Florida locations including the Orlando International Airport, Walt Disney World Resort or Port Canaveral, as we anticipate debarkation in Port Canaveral on Sunday, September 12, 2004, pending the ports re-opening.

Our itinerary will include a stop at Nassau and a day at sea.

Disney Magic, September 11, 7-night Western Caribbean Sailing
Currently, there are no changes planned for this Saturday’s sailing out of Port Canaveral. We are prepared to make itinerary changes, if necessary, due to weather or other challenges at Port Canaveral.

I am truly amazed at the information everyone is able to get and share. Thank you all so very much. I think I would have been totally lost had it not been for everyone on these boards and their positive attitude and the generous sharing of info. Thanks!

Looking forward to meeting you all. Who cares where we go as long as we get on the ship!:Pinkbounc

ldb1030 ...thanks for the updates with all the DCL changes. We will also be arriving in the Orlando airport in the evening Friday...so it will be interesting finding out then or Saturday morning where we are suppose to go. To make matters worse we recieved the confirmation with our trasnsportation...that all is will with our pick up change...but if we have to go to a diffrent port they won't be able to do it. :( I guess it's just another obstical to go around...or over :).

4Sedgs...funny you should say that about the margarita..I was just thinking today of how I can't wait to get on the ship and get a BIG DRINK :teeth: HeeHee

AHHHH!!! :earseek:
I can't stand this anymore... yesterday I was ready to throw in the towel but now I'm ready to pack..... doesn't Disney have some sort of Magin power that they can use to fight Ivan??
Well.... I'm going to spend all day cleaning & packing on Wed & Thurs... Its going to be hard for me not to call DCL but I'm going to try not... I'm sure they have been getting a BUNCH of calls... plus all of you have been letting me know whats going on.
If I do break down and call I'll let you know if I hear anything that you haven't already reported.

Hope to see you all soon!!! pirate:

nat :earsgirl: & baby :cloud9:

GO AWAY IVAN!!!!! :worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter