Sept. 11th, 2004!!! Roll Call!

Another September 11th cruiser holding her breath. 9 in my family (my 4, my sister's 4, plus my mom) are scheduled for the 11th. My oldest daughter (6) will be devastated if we can't go. However, she understands that it is a possibility. My mom is a stroke patient so I haven't told her about the trip at all. Don't want to disappoint her if things don't go well. I'm planning on telling her tomorrow. I think Ivan is scheduled to not interfere with the departure. As for ports? Who cares. I just want to know where we are sailing out of so that I can make transportation plans.

I feel awful worrying about my trip when so many people have real things to worry about with this storm. I guess the best thing I can do is to toss my tourism dollars to Florida.

Leia's Mom

Idb1030-Thanks for posting the update.

4 Sedgs - Thanks for the latest from the Radisson.

Tracy and Lisa I hope that Ivan stays away so that you can join us! I don't want to miss meeting you after all these posts!

I don't know if I am hyper, excited or just frazzled.:hyper: The uncertainty is killing me! I haven't even packed yet!:hyper:

For those of us who are arrving Friday or sooner (and don't travel with a laptop) how will we find out about any last minute changes in the port? :confused: :headache: Do I haunt the DCL telephone line?:crazy: And if they change it at the last minute (aka Friday) then how do I get from PC to whereever the buses are?

I am going crazy here!:crazy: Too much worrying.
Now what we need are some:goodvibes :cool1: and can't Disney get a :teleport: to get us all to the ship without a port?:idea:

Thank you to those of you who are able to keep the info posts coming. Imreally aapreciate the time you take!
I am off to take a shower and go to bed. The alarm goes off at 5:07 AM and then one last day of work!:yo-yo: Then home to pack run a few errands On Thursday and off to Florida:cloud9: (aside why isn't there a flying smiley here?) and :boat: away with all of you on Saturday!!!!! Then the DIS meet so we can put faces to names and a big :grouphug: when we finally meet!

TTFN Sorry for the rant But I am getting weirder as this week progresses.;) :crazy2: :tilt: :wave2:

For those of us who are arrving Friday or sooner (and don't travel with a laptop) how will we find out about any last minute changes in the port? Do I haunt the DCL telephone line? And if they change it at the last minute (aka Friday) then how do I get from PC to whereever the buses are?

Hi Nancy-

We have a travel agent who will be calling us on our cell. Send me a pm if you'd like our cell # and I'd be happy to provide you with updates!

Erin :D

Nancy,

LOL!!!! I think we are ALL getting "weirder" as this week progresses!::yes:: :tongue: Safe journey. Hope to meet you soon!

Welcome Fish Finder and Leia's Mom! I will add you to the cruise list.

I am finally getting excited again about the cruise. It looks as if we might be safe from the storm.

NancyDVC, I think we are all getting a little crazy here. I just finished sewing my DD's dress for tropical night, I still have to finish my name tags (the are 1/2 way done) and I did not do my door sign yet. Plus I brought work home that I have not yet started on. 5:00 am comes real soon!! But I have to get my DIS fix first.

Kathy

**Updated as of 9/7/04**

ldb1030 with DH, DD13 and 4 other family members - (cruising with aaronamy) - early dining

amgpmg with DH, DS8 and DD4 (5 in October) - late dining

mattnlaura

aaronamy with DH, DD13 & DS10 - cruising with ldb1030 - late dining

NancyDVC with DBF (Disney Best Friend) & DMOM - Late dining

hookedonmagic with DH

Jayv1 with DW & DS19mos

dvcspain with DH

missycat1925

Hunter's mama with DH, DS19mos

Scrapperjill with DH, DD6 & DD11 - late dining

sunshine103 with DH, DS9 & DS5

cathyscrapper with DH, DD7, DS3, DFIL - traveling with Fredascrapper & Family - early Dining

fredascrapper, DH, DD13 aka tinkerbell710 & DD7 - traveling with cathyscrapper - Early Dining

natale1980 (& baby) with DH, DBrother & DSIL - Late dining

inluvwithpluto with DS9

cali4niacruisin with DH & DD3 (almost 4) - early dining, may change to late

Threesmiths with DH & DD6 - late dining

4sedgs with DH, DS12, DS7 - late dining

Trekkie518 with DH, DD15, DS13, DS12fatocow & DMIL

Lisa SB with DD6 & DS6 - Early Dining

tammyh with DH, DS3 & DD3

TraSee with DH - early dining

femmfaerie with DSis tink71973 & DMom - Late dining

nrk - two adults & DD3 1/2

ASRoberts with DH, DD8, DS10 & DS12

Baby Duck with DW, DS4 & DD8 months

LuvTravelToo with DW, DS11 & DS6

lopezgang (5 months pregnant) with DH, DD9, DS3(almost 4) - Late Dining

DDaily with DH, DS12, DS10, DS5, DD1 & DGrandma

MBMom with DH, DD8 & DS5

Addy27 with DD, DSIL & Child 17mos.

mrsltg with DH & DD & child3.5

Moochie'sMom with DH, DS12 (turning 13 on 9/17) & DS5

pvangordon with DH

Tampacruisers with DH (assuming) & DD6

cmctammyg with DH, DS6, DD10, DBrother & DSIL - Early Dining

Fish Finder with DW, DD5 (turning 6 on 9/12) & DD 2 (also celebrating 10th anniversary)

Leia's Mom traveling with 9 - her 4, DS's 4 & DM

We are almost there!!!!!!!!!!!

Kathy

Hello all,
I can hardly wait till saturday gets here
I look forward to meeting so many of you.
I just wanted to let you all know that I have heard
that one of the ports that we are going to visit may be
Costa Maya. Of course this is a rumor but I trust
trust the sourse. See you all soon. Please tell me I'm
not the only one who still was to pack.

For those of you leaving in the next couple of days, have a safe journey to Orlando........or Port Everglades.......or where ever we may end up!:crazy:

:teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

Ok now don't get your hopes up..... I know I have already... but I just talked to someone at DCL and they said that it looks like we are going to go to Castaway Cay!!!! :cheer2:
They said that cast members are already cleaning it up for us... so the dock must be ok.... IF THAT PERSON ON THE PHONE JUST TOLD ME THAT SO I WOULD HANG UP I WILL BE SOOOOOO MAD...

I have go to pack!!!!

-nat :earsgirl: & baby:cloud9:

:teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

I hope you are right natale1980 but the DCL person I talked to this morning said don't count on it but she was not certain!?
Guess we'll find out once we board!

:tongue:

:confused:

Oh well... I guess I should have known better to get my hopes up...... *sigh*
I keep trying to call DCL back and ask someone else but I keep getting hung up on by the recording.... I guess they don't want to talk to me anymore.
If anyone else talks to them let me know.

Better finish packing...

-nat :earsgirl: & baby:cloud9:

Happy Limo just called me and the woman was SO nice!:sunny:
She said that DCL advised her they may not make a decision until last Thursday or early Friday if we'll be at PC or PE and so Happy Limo just said to let them know what I was going to and they'd refund my $ or still take us to PC to catch the DCL bus if need be or whatever we wanted to do!
She said they drove ALOT of people clear to Miami for RCCL!:eek:

Hi!
We are the Reads.
Weare a mom and dad with 2 girls 7 and 11.
We were going to do the Wonder 4 day after 3 days of disney land. We decided to be adventurous and switch to the 7 night cruise and at least we could be a moving target rather than be in Orlando at theme parks for 3 days.
We are excited and ready to have lots of fun!
Look forward to seeing you all. :wave:

The noon news here in FL said that DCL will be sailing out of PE this week. She mentioned the Thursday cruise, but not ours. The issue is that Frances adjusted the levels of sand and currently PC is too shallow for the ship to get in. FYI:)

Forgive my ignorance and bad spelling,
Is Were is PE,,,,, how far is that from Orlando,, we are flying in from Nashville on friday afternoon. Our plans from there to the ship are cloudy:confused:

Wonder -

PE is Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. It's about 3.5 hours from Orlando, and you should call DCL regarding travel arrangements. They will provide free transfers to you if they cannot leave from Prot Canveral. The transfers are picking up at either, WDW, Port Canveral, or the airport.

Erin :D

Welcome.. Wonder091204Reads My girls will be happy to hear of even more girls close to their age. Our girls (Alexis and Sydney) are 11&6. They can't wait to make new friends on board.

Looks like Ivan is staying fairly south. From the noaa site it didn't look like he moved forward much...just farther south...closer to South America. Making the projected time to hit the US not until Monday. Just yesterday (last night) it was projected for Sunday. At this rate...maybe Key West won't be out of our iteniary. And it looks as if it will be way past Couzmel and GC...so just maybe we won't have much change. Or then again...maybe it's just wishfull thinking. :teeth:

I think at this point the only port I will really miss seeing is GC...I was looking forward to the stingray swim. (I have a HUGE phobia of sea life...but wanted to kick my fears and dive right in) Sounds crazy huh. Of course I'll be disapointed if we have to miss CC also...that's just a given. natale1980.I hope the information you heard today is correct....It would be sooo great.

I think I'm going to have to break down and give DCL a call also. I want to check on the dinning rotation anyways.

If I hear anything I'll let you know. :sunny:

scrapperjill-
My DD13 has a HUGE fish phobia!:scared1: and I have NO idea where she got it from but she's looking forward to the stingray swim also :fish: to try and get over that fear!!:sunny:

Welcome Wonder091204Reads! I have boys about the same ages as your girls.

I just went on the DCL website and there are no changes so far! My fingers are crossed!

We're leaving Friday morning for the port which ever one it is!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter