Sept 25, 2004 - someone's gotta be coming!

two-foxes

DIS Veteran
Haven't seen a thread yet for it, so I am starting to wonder, who else is coming?

:wave:

We'll be happy to see you on the 25th. This is our first cruise--it will be a long next several months!!!!

Lxnme2

:bounce: :Pinkbounc

Good deal! It is months away, but I was wondering why a thread hadn't been started yet!

Are you guys doing WDW along with this trip at all?

Lastly, where are you from in Ohio? I grew up in Lakewood/Cleveland.....although I haven't lived there for almost 15 years, it is still "home"!

:D

We haven't been to WDW yet but we are looking forward to the cruise. We live close to the Summit/Cuyahoga County border so we are not far from Cleveland and the Gund. Do you still have family in this area?

Is this your first on the Magic-Western? Look forward to hearing from you.

Lxnme2

:sunny:

:chat:

lxnme2 -
yep...family in Seven Hills, Westlake and friends still in Lakewood. Just went back in Jan for a wedding and, brrrrrr, it was cold:eek: !!!!

Anyway, I am sooo not a "meet organizing" kinda person, but, as you guys start posting that you are on the 09/25, post where you will be staying the night before. It would be great for people to meet prior to cruising for either dinner the night before or breakfast the day of cruising. I think it will be fun to meet people prior to cruising, so we will have more than just our sig others or kids that we know on the ship! Nothing too formal, but just a few minutes to get aquainted, chat, and have folks to meet at the clubs or meet up with on excursions if they want!

We will be staying at the Radisson the night before.....wow, it is a LONG time away!

January and February were cold........we had temps. in the 30s and 40s---enough to melt some ice, but our driveway is still a sheet of ice and this morning when we woke up, everything was covered in snow......very pretty, but I'm tired of winter.

I'm undecided as to flying in the night before or on the morning of. Is the Radisson at the Orlando Airport? We don't have our air transportation arranged yet either........I'm open to any helpful tips you might have in arranging for airfare.

:sunny: Lxnme2

We are at the the Radisson at port. We would rather get all of our extra travelling done at one time, be able to wake up, relax and get to the ship early. I am one for covering all the "what if's" and I would fly in the night before, without question. We just flew to San Fran last week and our flight was cancelled due to mechanical problems, so we got there about 4 hours later than we were supposed to. Just imagine if that was a day of cruising flight! Can we say stress!!!!

We have stayed at the Hyatt at MCO before and that is super convienent and pretty nice, too! Pretty pricey as well, though. Our rate at the Radisson is 89. Not great, but not too bad.

My mom worked for United for many years (the reason we moved from Cleveland), and she would always look for flights out of Detriot for people because they were often cheaper than Hopkins. But take a look at all options!

We have booked 9/25/04 as our 11th cruise on the Magic. Just got off the 2/4/04, and I'm "Disney Dreaming" again.

Will be me with 13 year old DD--LOVED The Stack on Feb. cruise. The only problem with these boards is that they make me want to sail again soon!
Kathryn

jealous, jealous, jealous!!! 11!!!! Have you ever booked excursions on your own? We are looking at Eagle Ray Divers in Cozumel.....have you heard of them? We will for sure do Capt Marvins for Stingray city than thru Dcl. Any ideas?

OOPS I am sorry I thought te OP was referring to the WONDER when I saw wonder in the sentence! LOL Have fun yall! :wave:

My sister and I will be on that cruise, too. We are staying at BWV Friday night before the cruise.

We sailed the Magic for the Eastern route in Jan 2002 and did the 3 day Wonder in Oct 2002 on the $99 deal that DCL offered. We are looking forward to our first Western.

Rose

Hey Socks---
Are you guys doing a few days at WDW prior to the cruise? We are coming in for WDW on 9/20 and renting points at WLV until the 24th, then (for some reason that I am regretting now!) we will be staying at port that night. Hindsight, I wish I would have gotten another nite at WDW, but I will be relieved to beable to sleep in a bit the morning of. Anyway, we only have one hundred ninety and some odd days to go....but who is counting!

If any of you cruisers have kids, this would be a good place to have them "meet" other cruisers before going! We are kidless, but always hoping to come home with a "little souvenir"!

Originally posted by two-foxes
Hey Socks---
Are you guys doing a few days at WDW prior to the cruise?

Hi,

I didn't want to fly in the morning of the cruise so we're coming in Friday instead and staying overnight at BWV. We are staying at BCV after the cruise though for two nights and flying home Monday afternoon. We want to take a look at the Food and Wine Featival since it starts the weekend we return so we added a few nights after the cruise instead of before. I'm sure I'll regret not going home right away but we've spent the last three Halloweens in WDW and can't this year because of the cruise so at least we'll get a few days in the parks and maybe there will be an early Hallowen party like last year on Sunday night.

Rose

You know, I keep trying to convince my DH to spend a day at Epcot for the food and wine fest the day we get off the 9/2, and he said, "no!!!" I can't believe it! He LOVED it when we went in 02! I still have a few months to convince him, though!

Hey Socks 68: we also did a 1/02 Eastern (1/12/02 I think) and a 10/02 3 night cruise, and now we're on this one together. We'll have extended family--my parents, my brother, & SIL; my sister & BIL; and DH, DD and I. Looking forward to it!!!

Originally posted by NCRedding
Hey Socks 68: we also did a 1/02 Eastern (1/12/02 I think) and a 10/02 3 night cruise, and now we're on this one together. We'll have extended family--my parents, my brother, & SIL; my sister & BIL; and DH, DD and I. Looking forward to it!!!

We were on the 1/05/02 Eastern as part of a group of 16. The October cruise left on Halloween. It's going to be strange not being part of a large group this time, but I'm looking forward to it.

This will be our 3rd Disney cruise on the Magic (first time for the Western) I hope I do not jinx it for all but so far we have not made it to Castaway Cay The first time a Hurrican wiped the island the second time the winds were bad and the Capt could not get into the dock, so lets hope that the third time is a charm

Third time is always a charm! Welcome! Just out of curiousity, did you sail in Sept both previous times? Regardless, you will enjoy your first visit to Castaway Cay!

Who is sailing with everyone?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter