September 20th, 2018 7-Night Canada Cruise from New York

Hi! We booked this cruise yesterday. 2 staterooms, DH, DS (12), DD(5) and my DM. We're excited for the voyage and thankful DS's school was onboard (pardon pun) for missed school with a promise of lots of good lessons learned about Canada. This is our 6th Disney cruise. Celebrating DH's 50th birthday while cruising.

My mom loves sailing with us-- and meeting other folks her age.

We're excited about New York, Halifax, the smaller ports, Quebec, foliage, French, Halloween fun and Mickey! Definitely fewer kids on this sailing than usual because I was still able to reserve Bibbiti Boppiti for DD. Yay! Children are ready to go!!

Hello Magical friends!

It has been a LOOONG time since I have posted on the DISboards but always a great source of information! We booked this cruise about a month ago on a whim. I am super excited and I have started the count down. We are an extended family: me, DH, DS 25, DS 17, DD 11, Niece 25 (my unofficial DD), her husband 27, and BB 2. My kids and I have cruised a few times and so excited to be back on the Magic. Something about it makes it my favorite!!! This will be my extended families first Disney Cruise, or cruise in general and we cant wait to show them all the things we love.

Few questions:
1) Is anyone flying out from Montreal the day we port? If so how are you getting to the airport?
2) Has anyone who booked the special pricing received their room assignments yet? popcorn::
3) Does anyone know about this crazy new show schedule? Are they going to do that on our cruise? We LOVE the variety of nightly shows in the WDT and not a really ran of these repeats or no Welcome Aboard show. Weird to me. That is why we pay more for Disney is the SHOWS every night...IMP
4) Has anyone set up a FE group or something? I haven't participated in a few cruises but it might be fun this time. Let me know and I can see if I can get creative;-)

It has been awhile since we have cruised and excited to have this time with family and new friends :chat:

Hello Magical friends!

It has been a LOOONG time since I have posted on the DISboards but always a great source of information! We booked this cruise about a month ago on a whim. I am super excited and I have started the count down. We are an extended family: me, DH, DS 25, DS 17, DD 11, Niece 25 (my unofficial DD), her husband 27, and BB 2. My kids and I have cruised a few times and so excited to be back on the Magic. Something about it makes it my favorite!!! This will be my extended families first Disney Cruise, or cruise in general and we cant wait to show them all the things we love.

Few questions:
1) Is anyone flying out from Montreal the day we port? If so how are you getting to the airport?
2) Has anyone who booked the special pricing received their room assignments yet? popcorn::
3) Does anyone know about this crazy new show schedule? Are they going to do that on our cruise? We LOVE the variety of nightly shows in the WDT and not a really ran of these repeats or no Welcome Aboard show. Weird to me. That is why we pay more for Disney is the SHOWS every night...IMP
4) Has anyone set up a FE group or something? I haven't participated in a few cruises but it might be fun this time. Let me know and I can see if I can get creative;-)

It has been awhile since we have cruised and excited to have this time with family and new friends :chat:

:welcome: We are sailing both Canadian sailings and booked a GTY rate for both. Unfortunately, no room assignment yet. I read on another thread that it could be anywhere between 60 days and up to the day of check in for a room assignment. Hopefully, it will be sooner, rather than later. Question: what do you mean about the new show schedule? We have done a lot of Disney cruises and just curious as to what DCL has changed. Do they still do the variety acts? No welcome aboard show?

From other posts it looks like they are repeating some of the main shows and NOT having a welcome aboard show or farewell show. From what I have read in the MED cruises and some of the other cruises they are repeating and then the acts they hold in the night clubs later in the evening and only once. That is just what I have read and I am trying to see if that will happen to us. I will be very disappointed as that really his my DH highlight to see all the shows. He gets there early for his favorite spots.

So fun to do a double dip...too hard to take the kids out of school for two weeks or my DH to take that time off. Just happy to be back.

From other posts it looks like they are repeating some of the main shows and NOT having a welcome aboard show or farewell show. From what I have read in the MED cruises and some of the other cruises they are repeating and then the acts they hold in the night clubs later in the evening and only once. That is just what I have read and I am trying to see if that will happen to us. I will be very disappointed as that really his my DH highlight to see all the shows. He gets there early for his favorite spots.

So fun to do a double dip...too hard to take the kids out of school for two weeks or my DH to take that time off. Just happy to be back.

We also would be very disappointed if this happens. Going to the show in the Walt Disney Theater, especially on variety act nights, is like a tradition for us. Sometimes when the variety acts are in the clubs, it gets too crowded and no where to sit. Definitely much more enjoyable in the big theater. Oh well, I guess we will find out when we get on board. :confused3

Hi everyone! Just booked our trip and super excited. Hoping there is a fish extender group for this cruise. It’ll be our first time doing this and sounds like fun!!!

Just signed up for this cruise on the spur of the moment in a VGT cabin.
I've started checking for cabin assignment every few days now. Still nothing. Figuring it will be another week or so based on our experience with 3 previous VGT bookings.

Can't believe we sail in less than 20 days!!! This will be our first back to back. And first with no kids :-).

Still no cabin assignment for our VGT. Sigh.

This cruise will make our 3rd "grand slam". That is, having sailed on each of the four ships three times. :sail:

No assignment for our VGT, either. I'm beginning to think if we don't get an assignment tomorrow, we won't get one until we board. Funny thing - the cabin I booked on opening day for this cruise and gave up for the VGT rate, is still showing available.

Your "Grand Slam" comment made me look at our reservation history. I knew we only had a couple of cruises each on the Fantasy and Dream. I find them too crowded and I'm not a fan of the short cruises the Dream does. But I didn't realize this is only my third time on the Magic! I really thought it was more. Of course, they were 11 and 12 days in the Mediterranean, so we've spent some time on her. The Wonder has definitely been our favorite - seven cruises, with another booked.
Looks like I need to find some Dream or Fantasy cruises to follow in your 3-peat steps.

Got our VGT cabin assignment today!!!

Watching the Atlantic....3 tropical systems out there.... concerned that they might run up the coast to NY then curve out to sea (Halifax?). Am I just looking for something to worry about?

Watching the Atlantic....3 tropical systems out there.... concerned that they might run up the coast to NY then curve out to sea (Halifax?). Am I just looking for something to worry about?
Way too early to worry about it. These will be gone by the time we sail. Worry about the next ones instead.

We are on this sailing as well, and this is the first I have heard of a change in show line-up. Is there any more info about this or any truth to it? That will be a major disappointment to everyone in this household.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter