Single Guy at Disney in December?

Isn't there talk of a bunch of single folks meeting down at Disney sometime in May? There sure are a lot of us :)

Karen

No plans for May for me, but will be there Dec 12th through the 18th. YAY!

I'm not going in December but my idea of 8 at 8 seems like it would be covered under Dining Central. I might give it a shot but I haven't made my reservations for January yet.

crcormier said:
No plans for May for me, but will be there Dec 12th through the 18th. YAY!

Too bad I'm missing you by a day. It seems like you talk about Jellyrolls almost as much as I do. :)

Karen

TLinden16 said:
Too bad I'm missing you by a day. It seems like you talk about Jellyrolls almost as much as I do. :)

Karen

If I lived in Orlando I would go there at least once a week. :)

crcormier said:
If I lived in Orlando I would go there at least once a week. :)

LOL. So would I :)

Funny story. When I was there last month, one of the piano players, Tommy Bell, started asking folks where they were from, and when he got to my table, he says, "I know where you are from. You're a local." I say, "No I'm not. I'm from Boston." He says, "You mean to tell me that everytime you come here you come all the way from Boston." I say, "Yes." I guess it means I go there too much if a piano player thinks I'm a local :)

I really do love going there because I can go solo, and blend into the crowd. It's just a great place to spend an evening, and relax after a long day at the parks. I even have a regular bar stool, and if I wind up sitting somewhere else, some of the folks who work there make comments to me. It's bad that I had to travel 1100 miles to find a bar I'm a local at.

Karen

I wanted to take a moment to once again thank everyone for their outpouring support for me since I started this thread.

At this time, I must inform those who were planning on meeting up with me in December at Disney that I will not be there. I have yet to get over my failed wedding and find myself alone at home, which would not change at Disney. It time I suppose things will get better, but at this point, a vacation by myself is not a pleasant thought.

It is my intention to hang around the Dis Board and to contribute from time to time.

Again, the kind words and support is deeply appreciated.

Paul

Paul, sorry to hear that you decided not to go to Disney in December. You know what you have to do get through this. Please do hang around. There are a lot of great people here--you won't be alone here :)

Karen

Well Paul, I'm sorry that we won't get a chance to meet you, but I certainly understand your decision. Hopefully you find peace with the hurt, and just keep hanging out around here, you've got plenty of Disney friends here!

Paul, call up CRO and book another trip to Disney. Sitting at home alone isn't going to make you feel any better, but going to Disney will. I can attest to that.
Cheers,
Charlie

tango28charlie said:
Paul, call up CRO and book another trip to Disney. Sitting at home alone isn't going to make you feel any better, but going to Disney will. I can attest to that.
Cheers,
Charlie

Yup, don't hang out alone. If you're not going to Disney, Ok. It's not cheap anyway you go but, I'm worried you're going to set around alone, at home. Been there. Done that...do that still, sometimes...the holidays are not the best time. Not for me anyway, and if you recall, I'm in a situation similar to yours. Recently I've been sad and depressed and don't really get into the holidays anymore, since she left; we had so much fun with the holidays. But, I think I'm very fortunate to have friends who help me to go on and do things for me. I'm a scuba instructor so that includes diving, teaching (even during the winter) and Disney; my group spent a week at OKW this past September and had a great time. Find something for you. Hang out with friends, maybe single, maybe not, but do something; have some fun, learn some new stuff or go on with something you haven't done for a while. There's tons of stuff out there; people, places, things, women...I'm not so sure about that last one myself really, but there's stuff out there, including...Them. Well, reduced them to a pronoun now. Better quit while I'm ahead (?). At least I capitalized the 'T'. Hang in there! They (see, pronoun) make bad choices from time to time. I recommend a viewing of Lilo and Stitch and a plan of what to do and where to go next time to the World. It's still there. It's still fun and there is still magic there.

hi paul,
i will be at disney around the same time that you will. i will be by my lonesome because i am scoping the area. i am a participant in the disney college program and will be there from january until may. if you'd like to email me so we can chat, please feel free to do so. bml815@hotmail.com

ptmoberg said:
Hi All,

I'll admit that I am a "floater" on the DIS Boards, coming and going, reading and posting based on my schedule and current interests. I'm hoping that I can borrow a few moments of everyone's time to run something by you and to get your opinion.

As some of you might already be aware, I was to be married at Disney World in September 2004. Unfortunately, my bride-to-be changed her mind in April 2004 and she decided to exit my life. After several months of soul searching, I have decided to move on with the rest of my life. That includes keeping the Disney magic in my life.

That being said, I have a round-trip American Airlines plane ticket that I have to use between now and the end of the year. I also have vacation time scheduled from Dec 13-17, 2004. I was thinking about going to Disney for a few days to see the decorations/lights/parade/etc. My friends unfortunately can not get off of work to join me. I have a few concerns though:

1) With all the families at Disney, especially during the holidays, am I going to feel out of place by myself?

2) Any suggestions on what a single guy should do at Disney?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul

Okay, so know I find out a guy I work with (Originally from Orlando) is going to WDW next week and he is trying to convince me to go. I'd probably only see him at PI and maybe a round of golf, but I am considering it again...last minute. If I go, I would arrive Monday and leave on Friday. I'm going to finish my X-mas shopping tomorrow morning and then make the final decision.

Paul

Let us know! Hope you go for it, you deserve it!

Hi ptmoberg!

I, too, am single and just returned from Disney. I also thought about canceling the trip but decided, "oh well, just go anyway". Best decision I ever made!

As a Christian, I asked God for this trip to be for Him to really speak to me. He showed me so much about myself and others that it was unbelievable! I took tours and just hung out . . . and of course, shopped! The last day I was there, I lost my cell phone. YIKES! (It has yet to be turned in, too!). Anyway, I was sitting at the MVMCP watching the snow fall and the show going on at the Castle, moping about my lost mobile phone when this lady rode by in her wheelchair. It really hit me that while I could always replace my phone, she may never walk again. It sure was an attitude adjustment! I realized what to be grateful for and what to further appreciate. Stop and smell the roses, per se.

I wish you much happiness -- and pixie dust! I say, go and have a great time!

Glad to hear you might be going. Bopping around on your ownsome then meeting up with people is quite fun. Between your friend and the dis -ers I think you'll find you won't regret going.

Sorry for the Paul and the guys and hope that you all find that special someone who will enjoy Disney as much as you do.

Now this might have been said already but it was all a blur as I read but don't forget the Tours. They can lots of fun!

Hope all are having wonderful holidays!!!

Yeah, I wonder if Paul decided to go to WDW or not?

I went through the same thing he did last year (almost exactly) and when I think back now, I think a trip to WDW, even solo, would have boosted my spirits and got my mind off things for a few days...oh well...live and learn.

So...Paul...fill us in!!

To answer your question, no I didn't end up going to Disney. At the time I was too emotional about the holidays and wasn't ready to be by myself on vacation. I love Disney and will find my way back there, but this year I couldn't bring myself to do it. Disney is a place that I have always shared with someone. In time I hope to share it again with someone I care about.

Paul

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter