Sister Wives

I have a love hate relationship with this show. The latest thing I heard and it was on FB so I don’t know how true it is. Did Kody ask for Robins niece to join them?

I saw Robyn and her 5 kids, Meri, Kody and another grown male that I could not identify and there looked like an open seat next with a prepared plate next to Robyn..

I was curious about the extras, too.
I’m sure if they are Kody’s extra guests then they are definitely safe since they said they followed his Ten Commandments. Unlike his grown sons who have the audacity to go to work and have girlfriends.

Why could Kody not have visited the boys outside for any of those 9 months? He could have distanced and at least checked in with the boys, had a picnic, done yard work together, something.
9 months and you couldn't figure out how to reach out to your adult kids?
And holidays, could they not do an outdoor event like the family one on Coyote Pass?
Millions of families figured out how to make it work.
:confused3 I've always been confounded by that too. And even if Kody wouldn't, all the wives and kids that are complaining about isolation could have been doing it with one another. The scene where Janelle visited Robyn on the porch seemed like a novel thing for them - why? I agree that we all did lots of similar things to keep from going nuts over the past 2 years.
I saw Robyn and her 5 kids, Meri, Kody and another grown male that I could not identify and there looked like an open seat next with a prepared plate next to Robyn..

I was curious about the extras, too.
In one scene part of the film team was caught in a glimpse so maybe that's the unidentified man you saw?

This mess could have been avoided if Robyn had simply not agreed to follow Kody's rules from the begininng.

If she had told him that they are too much in general and most certainly for a diverse and dispersed family to follow, he would have had to back down and rethink.

But that is assuming that those rules were there all along and that Kody and Robyn are actually following them.

It is not like they were ever brought to the group.

This mess could have been avoided if Robyn had simply not agreed to follow Kody's rules from the begininng.

If she had told him that they are too much in general and most certainly for a diverse and dispersed family to follow, he would have had to back down and rethink.

But that is assuming that those rules were there all along and that Kody and Robyn are actually following them.

It is not like they were ever brought to the group.
It's also assuming they weren't Robyn's rules from the start.

But I agree. It absolutely needed to be a list of rules agreed to by the group. THAT is how you get buy in and compliance.

So, Janelle got Robyn a gift, put it on the porch, then Robyn took it into the house while she was still there? She may have sprayed it down (that we didn't see) but it didn't follow the guidelines of sitting for 24 hours like the mail. Did anyone else notice that?
I wish Janelle would have come back in sofa talk and said she did that on purpose, as a test to see if Robyn really did follow those rules.

It's also assuming they weren't Robyn's rules from the start.

But I agree. It absolutely needed to be a list of rules agreed to by the group. THAT is how you get buy in and compliance.

Yes, quite a few assumptions needed with the Browns

The fact is the group would never have agreed. And Kody would have backed down and cut it back somewhat.

When pushed he calms his *** down and often rethinks things.

Last edited:
This is so staged and ridiculous. As we keep saying where is the middle ground? They can not be that daft. Can they? :rotfl2:

Stay outside.

Wear your mask inside and/or stay across the room. And have your joy and fun with your children. Given their very distinct situation.

Last edited:
This is so staged and ridiculous. As we keep saying where is the middle ground? They can not be that daft. Can they? :rotfl2:

Stay outside.

Wear your mask inside and/or stay across the room. And have your joy and fun with your children. Given their very distinct situation.
And if they are so concerned about COVID that they can't see his kids, why are they letting film crews in the house?!

Last edited:
If Kody "can't" see his kids regularly, the LEAST he can do is talk to them on the phone. When you feel like your kid isn't acting the way you want, that's the time you most need to talk to them, not walk away.

Absolutely.

He is so irrationally angry.

It's like every single week, Kody falls further and further into some deep hole of madness. He's losing it. But that's what happens when a control freak loses control.

Yes, as someone else pointed out his seething underneath while acting like everything is okay was truly something to see.

"YOUR KIDS!":eek::faint::mad::mad::mad:

Out come the perplexing pronouns once again.

Why could Kody not have visited the boys outside for any of those 9 months? He could have distanced and at least checked in with the boys, had a picnic, done yard work together, something.

9 months and you couldn't figure out how to reach out to your adult kids?

And holidays, could they not do an outdoor event like the family one on Coyote Pass?

Millions of families figured out how to make it work.

I really felt for those boys. I think a lot of the frustration of the boys is that he hasn’t spent time with any of his wives or children except Robin’s.
But now we’re filming so suddenly he came up with rules and is blame shifting. He established these families. Fathering them was his responsibility Covid or not. He’s a spoiled brat man child.

He and Robin have done exactly as they wanted.

On a scale of 1-10 for taking Covid serious even without Kody’s rules she’s like a 1.5.
....whole thing is power struggle between them and I think it would have happened without a pandemic.

Absolutely on both.

Not sure where I would put her on the scale but Christine and Janelle are not even remotely the same on the issue. Her comments about the kids missing some of their adult siblings, come on - putting it on the kids when she wants what she wants. Which is fine but own it.
I missed a ton of people early in Covid but the thought of bringing Covid to anyone who I loved was stomach churning. I never cared about getting it but giving it was a whole other matter. I was not afraid of Covid at all, lived my life but giving to someone I loved who would not do well - and we never truly knew back then - was on my mind. And with my choices. Even if - early on - that meant sacrifices that affected only me (unfortunately not a mother).

I have a love/hate with Christine. Her soft voice that was so insincere - I believe with Robyn this time - always makes me want to vomit.

And she has used it beyond Robyn over the years. So I can not play it off to Robyn deserves it and call it a day. It is not the soft but strong voice she used with Kody this week. That was/is a great part of her.

This voice has a whole other intonation. Sigh. So insincere.

Kody and Robyn are believers and Christine and Janelle are not, but I’m not so sure that’s the case.

It is absolutely not the case.

-----

And some of our words are not even about Covid. A la Christine specifically would be finding another way to assert herself if Covid did not exist. As it is clear to me she wants out of there.And the ball has been rolling for a while.

Last edited:
I really felt for those boys. I think a lot of the frustration of the boys is that he hasn’t spent time with any of his wives or children except Robin’s.
But now we’re filming so suddenly he came up with rules and is blame shifting. He established these families. Fathering them was his responsibility Covid or not. He’s a spoiled brat man child.

He and Robin have done exactly as they wanted.

Yep. They know exactly what is going on. And it will reverberate years into the future.

I keep flashing back to previous weddings where you could clearly see his relationships with his children. And the joy.

Stay outside.

They did have the episode where they had a picnic outside and had to stay in their own family pods. But Kody and Robyn kept chasing the two little ones screaming “social distance, social distance!” as they were playing tag. It was so ridiculous.

I have a love hate relationship with this show. The latest thing I heard and it was on FB so I don’t know how true it is. Did Kody ask for Robins niece to join them?
She is the nanny and supposedly she is in and out of the house all the time. Her husband does the shopping Kody said so then it’s fine.

Those are good points, I really don't know except that maybe there was some negative fallout from her older son's autism being so openly discussed? My son is autistic and he doesn't like people to know because he doesn't want to be known just as the autistic guy. My son is high functioning enough that it's hard to tell for a lot of people, he just comes across as a little bit weird but he has about a decade of weekly behavioral therapy behind him (plus a mom trained in ABA, and believe me I ABA my kids 24/7!). If they had a bad experience with their older son maybe they would wait for the kids to be old enough to make the decision to share?

As for Christine mentioning the nanny, there's a lot of people who deny that autism is a real condition. It's unbelievable to me but Christine strikes me as a bit of a Covid denyer and if she can deny Covid she can deny autism too. I can't remember whether she has ever said anything about Robin's son's autism on camera before?
I don’t think someone is a covid denier because they choose to see family and visit their adult children and grandchildren or decide to be with their daughter during major surgery. Someone in my immediate family has worked in the covid wing at the hospital this entire pandemic yet they have travelled, had their kids in school, and has spent holidays with family. They have seen the horrors of covid on the front lines so to say someone is a denier just because they don’t obey rules that have nothing to do with science is totally inaccurate. .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter