Sleepy and Grumpy visit Tatooine–A SWW TR! - The End - All done and Link to new TR

That was an early start. How wonderful that you were in such a small group. I can understand that Fran was in shopping heaven. I love your dress. The photo with Mickey and Minnie is so cute. You got such a lot done in a relatively short time.

Corinna

I'm in awe! I would try to shop like Fran in that store!

Ackbar Snackbar...It's a trap!

I love the light rigging and Han Solo...I really want one of the Han Solo in carbonite fridge covers.

Great start to the day!

Jill in CO

Love the dress!

I am soooo bummed we didn't go into Darth's Mall :( neither of us were really in a shopping mood and I had no idea what I was missing.

What a fabulous start to the day.

And how did I miss that frozen Han Solo on stage!

That picture character app was pretty cool, looked very realistic.

We're always beavers. :rotfl2:

That dress is darling. :thumbsup2 Did any of the stuff go on eBay yet? popcorn:: ;) Fran is quite the shopper. What did she buy?

Thanks Bret! Coming from you that's a big compliment!

I like the DL one better definitely.

Your welcome.

Using the guns that are not attached like the MK are easier to use at DL version.

What an amazing day at DHS during Star Wars Weekend. This will be something that I will want to do when I go back to Florida one day. But the weather might change all that but it is nice to be able to read about it on your trip report. It was a good idea to do the tour so you won't have to wait that long.

I knew that Fran would go on a shopping spree at the mall and that is a lot of Star Wars merchandise.

A very nice start to the day at the mall and going on a few rides.

Nice update.

How lovely to see DHS that day in the calm before the crowds appeared! I loved the light rig :-) how nice the plaids helped Fran with her shopping. I agree it was very cramped in there imagine it later in the day!

That dress is cute on you :-)

Breakfast looks nice! Looking forward to the parade.

Seven people and we had three plaids, plus the guy who “invented” this tour. Soon our plaids took us inside the park and over to the area where we would view the parade and the fireworks later in the day.
Well, as they say, you get what you pay for. And in this case, I'd say that is a great thing! :thumbsup2

How much for the Camaro? :rotfl2:

Here is Fran in all her shopping glory. This is one of the situations where the Plaids really helped out. Between the three who were accompanying us, we were really the only group out of the three in our tour who were “power shopping” so each of the guides would follow Fran with a basket. Once she filled the basket they would take it back to the “pile” she had started and another plaid would take over carrying the basket behind her.
:rotfl2::lmao::rotfl: It's great that she had that much help, but that is so funny! I can only imagine the three of them scrambling to keep up!

There are four boxes as a result of her shopping spree this morning. She tells me most of it is going on eBay, but I’ll believe it when I see it!
That's a lot of stuff, but Star Wars stuff is cool.

And your skepticism about eBay is probably right. :rotfl2:

Long time no post over here. Enjoying your little adventure and looking forward to the next installment. Congratulations on spending an heir to be named later’s inheritance.

For us it was a no brainer. We are spending my nieces and nephews or whoever’s inheritance. Fran has no family, we have no kids and I don’t have a close relationship with anyone in my family except my parents. Heck I’ve only become FB friends with my sister, her DH and DD in the last month and a half! We’re spending whoever’s inheritance it might be!

I spent my kids' inheritance, too. I got a Coke and some Skittles.

When we arrived the line for the wristlets for the Celebrity autographs went back this far.

:faint:

Our guides told us that the lighting rig was done in the shape of the Millenium Falcon and we should take a picture. Good call!

Nice!

They had Han Solo in Carbonite on the stage.

Also nice!

Fran went kinda nuts.

It was understandable. Look at the store.

Boy, I sure hope she's a Star Wars fan. :rotfl2:

Ahh yes, the Ackbar Snackbar!

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl: Best name ever! Jill beat me to the "It's a trap!" punchline, though.

Here is Fran in all her shopping glory. This is one of the situations where the Plaids really helped out. Between the three who were accompanying us, we were really the only group out of the three in our tour who were “power shopping” so each of the guides would follow Fran with a basket. Once she filled the basket they would take it back to the “pile” she had started and another plaid would take over carrying the basket behind her.

Quite the operation! Is a "plaid" sort of like a red-shirt in Star Trek?:confused3

I went outside to wait because it was becoming increasing claustrophobic inside that store. One of the plaids came out to wait with me and we had a nice long chat while waiting for Fran to check out. Everything was shipped home and these are the boxes that arrived. Keep in mind the one you can’t see in the back was just as big as the front two. There are four boxes as a result of her shopping spree this morning. She tells me most of it is going on eBay, but I’ll believe it when I see it!

:faint: That's a lot of lightsaber key chains.

What a fun update! Good for you for treating yourselves to such an awesome tour/experience!!

Love your new dress but if I am not mistaken, really love Fran's Grumpy Cat tshirt. That is Grumpy cat, isn't it? :)

I want to know what's in the boxes from Darth Maul! Lol.

OK, Ok, next post I will post what is in those boxes.

Wow such a small group! I'm sure you were excited about that though.

OH MY GOSH! :hyper: Look at your dress! Too awesome and you look fab in it!:banana:

:scared1: those boxes. But I bet it felt like Christmas when you got to open them at home...if they are opened yet that is! Will you be posting your purchases at some point?

It was really nice having such a small group. We got a lot of attention from the guides. Thanks for the compliments on the dress. I'm thinking of wearing it the day we go to Disneyland!

To tell you the truth, I opened the boxes for the first time to get that dress out to show everyone. :rolleyes1

That was an early start. How wonderful that you were in such a small group. I can understand that Fran was in shopping heaven. I love your dress. The photo with Mickey and Minnie is so cute. You got such a lot done in a relatively short time.

Corinna

Thanks! The guides were totally worth everything!

I'm in awe! I would try to shop like Fran in that store!

Ackbar Snackbar...It's a trap!

I love the light rigging and Han Solo...I really want one of the Han Solo in carbonite fridge covers.

Great start to the day!

Jill in CO

You are so funny! Wouldn't it make the fridge hard to get open? :confused3

Love the dress!

I am soooo bummed we didn't go into Darth's Mall :( neither of us were really in a shopping mood and I had no idea what I was missing.

What a fabulous start to the day.

And how did I miss that frozen Han Solo on stage!

That picture character app was pretty cool, looked very realistic.

Thank you! We never miss at least checking out a shopping opportunity. We have missed too many Disney shopping opportunities. Our motto, shop now, eBay later.

We're always beavers. :rotfl2:

That dress is darling. :thumbsup2 Did any of the stuff go on eBay yet? popcorn:: ;) Fran is quite the shopper. What did she buy?

The stuff from the shopping trip with Ellen last summer hasn't even gone up on eBay. We just opened the boxes a couple days ago.

Your welcome.

Using the guns that are not attached like the MK are easier to use at DL version.

What an amazing day at DHS during Star Wars Weekend. This will be something that I will want to do when I go back to Florida one day. But the weather might change all that but it is nice to be able to read about it on your trip report. It was a good idea to do the tour so you won't have to wait that long.

I knew that Fran would go on a shopping spree at the mall and that is a lot of Star Wars merchandise.

A very nice start to the day at the mall and going on a few rides.

Nice update.

Thanks Bret. The weather made it tough in the afternoon, it was brutally hot.

How lovely to see DHS that day in the calm before the crowds appeared! I loved the light rig :-) how nice the plaids helped Fran with her shopping. I agree it was very cramped in there imagine it later in the day!

That dress is cute on you :-)

Breakfast looks nice! Looking forward to the parade.

The shopping was great when we first got in there, but once they started letting people in, it got really mobbed. I couldn't wait to get out of there!

Well, as they say, you get what you pay for. And in this case, I'd say that is a great thing! :thumbsup2

How much for the Camaro? :rotfl2:

:rotfl2::lmao::rotfl: It's great that she had that much help, but that is so funny! I can only imagine the three of them scrambling to keep up!

That's a lot of stuff, but Star Wars stuff is cool.

And your skepticism about eBay is probably right. :rotfl2:

I think the Camaro was just a display piece for the "trick your ride" magnets they were trying to sell. It was fun watching the guides scramble behind her. I don't think that they had seen anyone shop like that before. Usually it's me!

Star Wars stuff is cool, although we have recently started power watching The Big Band Theory and I'm starting to question exactly how cool it is when I see Howard's bedroom and the lightsabers on the wall and how he uses them before going to bed. :rolleyes1 And I haven’t seen anything go up on eBay yet….

Long time no post over here. Enjoying your little adventure and looking forward to the next installment. Congratulations on spending an heir to be named later’s inheritance.

:welcome: CJ! Great to “see” you again. How have you been? How is your daughter enjoying college?

I spent my kids' inheritance, too. I got a Coke and some Skittles.

:faint:

Nice!

Also nice!

Boy, I sure hope she's a Star Wars fan. :rotfl2:

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl: Best name ever! Jill beat me to the "It's a trap!" punchline, though.

Quite the operation! Is a "plaid" sort of like a red-shirt in Star Trek?:confused3

:faint: That's a lot of lightsaber key chains.

Don’t sell yourself short. You and Julie are young and have plenty of time to amass an inheritance to spend! She is definitely a Star Wars fan, especially when you mix Mickey in there!

Yes that was a great name for the concession stand! No the plaids are the “Disneyland Ambassadors” a phrase coined by Walt, and people pay $300 per hour with a six hour minimum for them at the parks. We were lucky and got them for half price! :rotfl2:

That reminds me, when we order our outfits for the Star Trek convention, get yellow or blue shirts. :scratchin

What a fun update! Good for you for treating yourselves to such an awesome tour/experience!!

Love your new dress but if I am not mistaken, really love Fran's Grumpy Cat tshirt. That is Grumpy cat, isn't it? :)

Yes that is Grumpy cat. Fran loves Grumpy Cat and is always reposting posts from Grumpy Cat on Facebook.

So here is our loot from our trip to Darth's Mall. I still haven't unpacked the boxes yet because I need Fran to work with me on where she wants to put her part of it, which is most of it. This first box is T-shirts, a Towel, some stuffed toys, you can see four black boxes with figurines in it. Not sure what they are of, but they are whatever the figures for 2014 were.

The next box was full of Vinylmation (we don't even like those), Mini Action figures, a rubber Jabba the Hut, a stuffed R2D2 and a Yoda.

There was also one of these in the box.

And just in case you didn't get a good enough look the first time.

Oh and these were in there.

As well as this stuff.

A pillow.

And this one took up it's own box.

There was a picture of Mickey and Minnie as well, but I'm not supposed to get pictures out of boxes until we're ready to hang them since they can easily be damaged. I almost got the picture of the Wookie Family Portrait. But it's just as funny here, having done a Google search on it and much better on our wallets. Notice the hairless cat.

Catching up on your trip report. Love your photos! They remind me why I really love Star Wars Weekend. We attended the opening day of SWW and wish had known about your tour. We, too, would have gladly spent our nieces and nephews' inheritance on the price of the tour.

I didn't notice the Millennium Falcon when we walked by the Sorcerer's Hat stage. There are so many bits and pieces of extra magic strewn around Disney that are easy to miss, so it feels so neat when someone points one out. I wish I had better powers of observation!

We went to Darth Mall later in the afternoon and it was crowded. We also bought the 2014 SWW t-shirt -- both the standard blue version and the brown Passholder version -- but we didn't know about the Aurasma App until a few days later. We were wearing our t-shirts and a CM told us about them being 'interactive' shirts. Since then, we've shown the t-shirts and the app to all our friends and relatives.

We have already booked BLT for May 2015 so we will be there for the 2015 version of SWW.

I love that lamp!!! Fran found some awesome stuff. That Wookie family portrait is cracking me up!

Jill in CO

That's some serious shopping. Glad that the package worked out for you and Fran where the shopping was concerned. I think I would have been sitting it out with you once the mobs came in....and I love star wars stuff!!!

What a great outcome to have such a small group in your package. That would be fantastic!

That dress is great. Love that picture of you in it.

I love the picture of the hairless cat with it's wookie family. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter