slo’s MONDAY 4/10 poll - Live Theater

Live Theater - When was the last time you went and what type was it? (M.C.)

• Last time was this year

Votes: 19 24.4%
  • Last time was 2022

Votes: 19 24.4%
  • Last time was 2021

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Last time was before COVID

Votes: 37 47.4%
  • It was a professional type production (like a Broadway production)

Votes: 52 66.7%
  • It was community theater

Votes: 8 10.3%
  • It was a high school or another school age production

Votes: 7 9.0%
  • It was another type of production - please post what

Votes: 8 10.3%
  • I’ve never seen a live theater production

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
We went to a broadway show (Come From Away) last summer when we were in NYC. I really enjoyed it.

Like you, slo... I really like live theater, especially musicals. I used to go, but when the kids got into more activities it was difficult to plan. However, now that we've got a little more free time, I would really like to start going again more often.

I love live theater, but I haven't been since before Covid. Hoping to feel comfortable enough to spend a couple of hours in close contact with strangers soon, because I really miss it.

We are season ticket holders at Playhouse Square in Cleveland (2nd only to NYC's theater district) so go often, for a while there it was monthly. We live about an hour away but my daughter is a student at CSU and lives right there so it's something fun for her and I to do together. Next up, Tina Turner the musical!
We live in the area and are so blessed in Cleveland to have Playhouse Square about 20 minutes away. We last saw To Kill A Mockingbird in 2022. Wonderful show.

October 2021 - we finally got to see Hamilton in Downtown LA at the Pantages Theater. We were originally to see it in June 2020, and then January 2021, and I feel like there was 1 more cancellation but I don't remember when. I just kept re-booking, but if it had not happened in October 2021, I am not sure I would have booked again.

DW is the theater buff here, she's a season ticket holder and she often takes one of our DDs along. I saw Springsteen on Broadway in 2017--not a musical in the typical sense but it was live and it was literally on Broadway. Prior to that it would have been The Lion King maybe 15 years ago.

Saw a couple of live shows at DLP last summer and they were phenomenally good, way beyond WDW quality.

I saw Hamilton in Boston the beginning of March and will see Six Sunday in Providence

I saw Bring in the Noise Bring in the Funk wayyyyyy back in Elementary school and Stomp in High School I still remember them both being amazing. I have never seen a live performance since

Can't recall when it was, but it was a professional theater production of 1776. EDIT: it was in 2019.

We did several local dinner theater shows (generally musical reviews) last summer.

We went to see Colin Mochrie in DC in April 2022. He was with a few other lesser known comedians and they did a "Whose Line is it" type of show. We enjoy going to live events and pre-Covid would go to either DC or Baltimore twice a year at least.

January 2019 saw Hamilton in Columbus. Tried to see the Cursed Child last time we were in London in December of 2019 but as it was a two day show could not make both days work.

We’ve seen the Disney live shows in 2022, and we saw Celtic women at Christmas time last year too.

My last Broadway Shows were “Ain’t Too Proud” and “Frozen” that was 2016.

Dinner Theater “On Golden Pond” in 2019.

A month ago youngest daughter and I went to the high school play. She goes every year. Her friend was working so I took her. We had a great time running up to the mall and getting pizza since her power went out, then came back for the play.

Previous to that was when she was actually in the high school play... as a munchin for Wizard of Oz when she was in 2nd grade.

She loves theater. Goes all the time when she's up at school. She loved Broadway in NYC. I'm going to try to take here to a few at our local theater in town this summer.

Voted other

We are two weeks into a three week cruise from Dubai to Marseille so we have been seeing live shows almost every evening ranging from full production spectaculars to solo artistes and even a magician!

Other than entertainment on several cruise ships we haven't been to the theatre for three years when we saw a stage production of the British tv comedy programme "Benidorm" in Brighton.

ford family

I have Season tickets so go regularly ...have a show Thursday. It's a fun night out and the shows are usually excellent -although Hadestown wasn't my cup of tea recently.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter