So if you are lucky enough to get a FoP FP.....

I will RD it because you can ride with no wait without the same RD pressure as FOP. By RD I mean head there first thing at opening without being there 90 minutes early.

I will RD it because you can ride with no wait without the same RD pressure as FOP. By RD I mean head there first thing at opening without being there 90 minutes early.

Mitigated with not waiting until "straight-up" opening time.

Arrive at the gates at least 15-30 min. before the posted opening time.

Thanks! Any advice on how to avoid the FoP crowd? Do we stay to the left on the bridge?

Ours too. Navi to Safari to 10am FOTLK.

This was my plan as well. Is this on a normal 9am open day? I am trying to figure out if I can fit Safari in and still make the 10am FOTLK
I'm going on a supposedly low crowd Wednesday in early February

The mob for Pandora was insane this morning. I wouldn’t want to be anywhere in that mess. I was very glad to be going the opposite way to EE.

FWIW...we got in line for Na’vi 10 minutes before park closing. The posted time was 50 minutes. We were on the ride in less than 15 minutes.

Both times we rode was after getting NRJ as 4th (or later) FPs. Just refresh refresh refresh, and you could have luck that way! And if absolutely can’t get it, then get in line 10 min before park close.

I would prefer to use that early park time to ride multiple other rides, rather than deal with Pandora!

We rope dropped Navi, then got back in line and rode it a second time. Then headed straight to safari, then EE. We had a later FPfoe FOP. Worked great.

For our next trip we only have two park days. We have FP for FOP. We are going to rope drop DHS because my son wants to do Jedi training and he is finally tall enough to ride rockin roller coaster. At around 11:30 we will eat and then head over to Animal Kingdom. I chose a late FP for FOP. We will get in line for Navi right before the park closes.

We did this yesterday. We walked into the park at 8:55 (8am EMH) and they let us walk back to Pandora at 8:58 - we went straight to the line for Navi River and it was backed up outside the que, the wait said 70 minutes we when got there and within a minute it said 85 minutes. But we were off the ride by 8:48. I was surprised at how short the ride was, but glad I did it once.

It was very easy to avoid the massive line for FOP, but the entire area was very crowded as many of the resort guests that had done EMh were trying to leave the area and everyone else was trying to get in.

If I'm going to ride Navi River, I rope drop it. The line for that gets insane too. The only reason I don't FP Navi is the tiering--can't give up FOP FP.

We arrived at the park about 7:30 for 8am EMH. They had already started lettin people in and I think the FOP wait was posted at an hour. We went straight to Navi and were done before 8am. Made our way to Safari and were in line when it opened at 8. Then moved on to Everest, primeval Whirl and Dinosaur. All standby. I think we were back at Everest for the beginning of our FP time around 10am.

This was yesterday and after the initial wait in the morning, I didn’t see FOP go below 4 hours the entire time we were there (until about 1).

This was my plan as well. Is this on a normal 9am open day? I am trying to figure out if I can fit Safari in and still make the 10am FOTLK
I'm going on a supposedly low crowd Wednesday in early February
With a 9am opening.... I think that it might be cutting it a bit close to make it for the safari then to FoLK for the 10am show. You really have to be able to get right on the safari as soon as you walk into line! It's doable.... but I think you will be running through people to get to the safari and just a bit of back-tracking. What we did was RD to Navi, then enjoyed the atmosphere of Pandora and walked to FoLK and then did safari after FoLK. Then had FP for EE at 11-12. It took the pressure off of trying to get in and out of Pandora and made for a relaxing morning.

We arrived at the park about 7:30 for 8am EMH. They had already started lettin people in and I think the FOP wait was posted at an hour. We went straight to Navi and were done before 8am. Made our way to Safari and were in line when it opened at 8. Then moved on to Everest, primeval Whirl and Dinosaur. All standby. I think we were back at Everest for the beginning of our FP time around 10am.

This was yesterday and after the initial wait in the morning, I didn’t see FOP go below 4 hours the entire time we were there (until about 1).

Wow! Sounds like you got a lot done within those first two hours of park opening! I hope we get that lucky!

We did this yesterday. We walked into the park at 8:55 (8am EMH) and they let us walk back to Pandora at 8:58 - we went straight to the line for Navi River and it was backed up outside the que, the wait said 70 minutes we when got there and within a minute it said 85 minutes. But we were off the ride by 8:48. I was surprised at how short the ride was, but glad I did it once.

It was very easy to avoid the massive line for FOP, but the entire area was very crowded as many of the resort guests that had done EMh were trying to leave the area and everyone else was trying to get in.
Did they add a time machine element to Navi :)

With a 9am opening.... I think that it might be cutting it a bit close to make it for the safari then to FoLK for the 10am show. You really have to be able to get right on the safari as soon as you walk into line! It's doable.... but I think you will be running through people to get to the safari and just a bit of back-tracking. What we did was RD to Navi, then enjoyed the atmosphere of Pandora and walked to FoLK and then did safari after FoLK. Then had FP for EE at 11-12. It took the pressure off of trying to get in and out of Pandora and made for a relaxing morning.

My gut tells me this is the way to go :) thanks for the advice. I decided to book a fpp for safaris later in the day rather than trying to rush through it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter