so what did you think of tonight's Season of Disney?

elemusing

DIS Veteran
I thought at first - this is all stuff I already know about - but I did like their take by using "real people" and following them.

It sort of makes me want to hire a tour guide and it really makes me want to do a Disney Destination vacation.

What did you all think?

don't post any spoilers... I won't get to watch till tonight. But I'll bet mrs. Peacock did it with the hair spray in the cistern?

Eh. It was okay. I think I would have like it more if they showed more things and less of the people actually. I mean, there is alot you could splurge on at Disney. The Victoria & Albert's part,driving experience and even the people with the VIP Tour Guide were too long. I think they could have gotten a few more things in the show that were splurges that people might actually do. I can't imagine how many people actually get a VIP guide.

Eeehhh not that great. I think there is another one next week. Hopefully that is more things and less walking around with people and a tour guide.

Ehhh....

I do want to rent a yacht though. Maybe when I win the lottery

It they are going to use the show as a Disney Ad, they should at least give prices at the end of the show

It they are going to use the show as a Disney Ad, they should at least give prices at the end of the show

It's funny you should say that but I kept saying to Kevin 'Now tell us how much it costs' because now eveyone is going to want to book Dinner at V&A and then the Grand I and when they see it's more than their mortgage they're gonna platz..................

It definitely was a commercial for Disney and I had to fast forward through some of it (boring) but the Adventures by Disney segment was awesome! That is something we definitely want to do.:goodvibes

I'd love to stay in the Royal Assante but first we'd have to win MegaMillions.:thumbsup2

I thought for the amount of money the Law family paid for their stay, tour guide, etc., they could've had a real safari in Africa.

Maybe I'll like Disney on a Dime better.

don't post any spoilers... I won't get to watch till tonight. But I'll bet mrs. Peacock did it with the hair spray in the cistern?

WO - you are so funny! :lmao:

I do know though that I want to be a VIP Tour Guide!

Yes Scarlett - I was thinking the same thing! I want to BE a tour guide - not just hire one! lol She got to ride the rides AND eat at Jiko with them! how cool would that job be?

look away WO - this could be a spoiler - did it drive anyone else crazy that the tour guide carried her purse with her? What was up with that? :rotfl:

Complete and utter waste of time...I fast forwarded through all the boring parts and by the time I was finished with that it was over...

--DB

They did say the VIP Guide was $100 an hour, with a minimum of 6 hours.
I was wondering the VIP guides really eat with families and ride rides with them and everything or if that was just for the show?

Last year at the Magic Kingdom I saw one of those guides with a family. My niece was getting her hair wrapped and a family with two young girls were waiting and they had a guide and she was on the phone the whole time booking things for them, she booked dinner at O'Hana (for that night! I guess the guides get to go around the ADR system!) and breakfast at GF and tickets for something, I heard her ask them what they wanted to do next and the mom said they wanted to see the castle...when the guide told her the castle wasn't in that park the mom was shocked. I did see them later in line for Kali, so I guess it's true you don't jump lines at Disney even with a VIP guide.

I quit watching it in the middle...I don't want to be reminded of the things I can't afford!!!

Yeah, I found it rather "meh". Could take it or leave it.

There just wasn't very much included that I didn't already know. Not to sound condescending, to folks who don't breathe this stuff the same way it would have been enlightening.

I do agree with John, I was wondering how Guest Services at those featured areas are doing today! And I wonder if that yelling I hear in the breeze is after the Chef's Table quote from Victoria and Albert's?

If my DH and I were going on a romantic trip and were going to stay in that suite at the GF and eat at V&A and take a romantic cruise, no one would be following me. So, to hear them say, "They invited us along" They should have said, "They get to do all of this stuff because we offered to pay".

I would love to do Adventures by Disney, in Italy. I found that part interesting (Yes, I know they weren't in Italy).

The part with the guide I think was informative for some, but give me a plaid skirt and I can do the job. Honestly, we were named the Star Family at MGM last year, and because we were given this honor, we got priority seating at the parade. Sitting with us was a family that hired a guide. The husband was telling me how he wouldn't do Disney any other way (I'm sure he'd always bring the nanny that was along too). But, he was telling me the stuff that the guide did for them, and it was all stuff that I am very capable of doing and things I know. Maybe the DIS should charge a hundred dollars an hour, too :)

Yeah, the guide thing kinda made me chuckle. It's like, "Buy the Imagineer's Guide and put it in your back pocket. It costs 11 bucks." And what had me cracking up was when she "took care of their fast passes". I was literally saying, "Woohoo you saved 5 minutes!!!"

I am sure it would be a delight to have a cast members attention the entire time your are at WDW, but seriously I kinda like being the Hermione!

Snap! I missed the show again! Doesn't sound like I really 'missed' much though. I need to set my DVR for next Sat. Anyone know when the repeats are?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter