so what did you think of tonight's Season of Disney?

I was going through my DVR's menu to set for Disney shows every Friday for the next... I think, month? at 8pm central time, when I ran into Wed., 4/23- where, starting at 1pm, it shows the ENTIRE DAY blocked with the whole series- Season of Disney, SB's Favorites, Splurges, Disney on a Dime, Disney's Animal Kingdom, and one other Walt Disney World special.

I REALLY REALLY REALLY wish they would do one DEVOTED to Disneyland and CA Adventures!! Especially w/the new expansion plans..... let's all write to the Travel Channel!!! :banana:

I felt the same as most, another....ehh...worth watching. My wife did say a couple times, we should do that, so I said..it cost xxx amount..so she said "never mind". I did get from her also "I already have a guide".

Anyway, I enjoyed the adventures by disney segment and I really want to do one of those. The rest was just okay.....

The only error I caught was when they said "Fast Pass helps move people to less busy times" or something along those lines and I almost fainted. Like Fast Passes are only available for slower times of the day...LOL....

The show wasn't quite what I thought it would be. I thought there would be more individual activites and restauarants that are considered splurges versus following 3 families. It didn't really get me excited to go like last week's show did.

Gotta agree with those who thought it was a bit disappointing. I'm really not that interested in race car driving, and I thought there was way too much on that segment. I'd have liked to see more different things.

Also, I couldn't really figure out what that family was paying the guide for- I mean, is it really worth $100 an hour to have someone get your fastpasses? The show made such a big deal out of that, and I don't get it. Yes, they got VIP seating at a show, and a private ride to the parks, but I don't see those things as being worth very much. I was expecting at least that having that guide would get them to the front of the line at attractions.

I didn't think it was quite as interesting as last week's show. However, the Adventures by Disney in Costa Rica looked fun! DH and I read about the different adventures online and decided we wanted to try one someday. DH also was intrigued with the Richard Petty Driving Experience. :)

I found the adventures By Disney section a bit misleading.

The Adventures are usually larger groups. Our trip to Italy was approximately 20 people.

I can not imagine Disney would allow an Adventure to go on with just one family. I believe it would be canceled and the family offered a refund or the opportunity to book another date.

I think they were trying to give the impression that each family gets their own private guide and thats just not the case

I actually found it a bit boring. I did enjoy the segment on Adventures by Disney though! I do know though that I want to be a VIP Tour Guide! :thumbsup2

I enjoyed that segment, too. The zipline looked fun!
Did the kids not do the regular zip line? I was a little confused.

Yeah, the guide thing kinda made me chuckle. It's like, "Buy the Imagineer's Guide and put it in your back pocket. It costs 11 bucks." And what had me cracking up was when she "took care of their fast passes". I was literally saying, "Woohoo you saved 5 minutes!!!"

I am sure it would be a delight to have a cast members attention the entire time your are at WDW, but seriously I kinda like being the Hermione!

:lmao: I was thinking that, too.

I think someone asked about when it is re-airing...It replays this Wednesday at 5 PM central.

The Adventures are usually larger groups. Our trip to Italy was approximately 20 people.

I can not imagine Disney would allow an Adventure to go on with just one family. I believe it would be canceled and the family offered a refund or the opportunity to book another date.

I think they were trying to give the impression that each family gets their own private guide and thats just not the case

that's good to know. Thanks for the info. Now I wonder if the tour guides are designated to one family? :confused3

I thought it stunk. Nothing on there that I didnt know about it. I figured most DISers knew about most of it anyway.

Yeah, the guide thing kinda made me chuckle. It's like, "Buy the Imagineer's Guide and put it in your back pocket. It costs 11 bucks." And what had me cracking up was when she "took care of their fast passes". I was literally saying, "Woohoo you saved 5 minutes!!!"

I am sure it would be a delight to have a cast members attention the entire time your are at WDW, but seriously I kinda like being the Hermione!

I agree, I like being a Disney Hermoine too. Never thought of putting it that way though! My sister calls me a Disney savant. :rotfl:

I know some people who would fork over the money for the guide though. I guess if you have the money....

You're right about it being misleading. From the other ads, etc. I have seen, it has always shown a group, not just one family with a private guide.

I did not like the show at all. I switched back to the Red Sox game half way through. :) It certainly was not a Samantha Brown special. :(

I was surprised when they said that having a personal guide did not get you the option of "cutting the line". After all, they said the family got special seating at the Motorcars Stunt show. They must at least get the Fast Pass entry.

In any case, I can't imagine anyone who reads the DIS boards regularly needing a personal guide. ;)

They did say during the show that they were in groups of 20 even though they never showed more than the one family.

I agree, I like being a Disney Hermoine too. Never thought of putting it that way though! My sister calls me a Disney savant. :rotfl:

In very snotty British accent-"Cinderella Castle is 189 feet tall, was constructed with concrete, not bricks, and is central to Walt Disney's original hub design. I've read about it in Walt Disney World: A History.";)

ok i watched, I had it on in the back ground, it didn't really hold my attention. Once again, i find them jumping around the parks as if everything is connected to each other. Like in the "what you get for the money" special on Fine living... where the family rides all the thrill rides in all the parks in what seems to be one day.

Further, they do say up front that this stuff is costly, but there was little coverage that made it seem that attractive, 'cept for driving the car really fast. If I were gonna get Grand One, I would wanna pack that sucker with people and tequila, and zip around bay lake, kinda like Rodney in the original Caddy Shack.

And the personal guide would have to know more about the parks than I. If i can stump them on trivia, the experience should be free. And what is up with you can get reserved seats for shows, but no automatic fast pass when you are spending $600 for a personal guide... what's up with that?

And I thought all these specials were gonna feature Sam... since they are not, I am loosing interest... next week better be interesting.

It's funny you should say that but I kept saying to Kevin 'Now tell us how much it costs' because now eveyone is going to want to book Dinner at V&A and then the Grand I and when they see it's more than their mortgage they're gonna platz..................
Platz?

I was really bored with the show last night, too. On the first commercial I was channel surfing and got pulled into "Elizabeth" with Cate Blanchett. I actually would only go to the Disney show during commercials for "Elizabeth." Is that whacked or what? I love Disney shows and missed my son's ballgame to stay home and watch it. (I haven't had the nerve to tell my DH I didn't watch much of it after all. )

Hey at least you guys get these shows!!!

You can't get them in the UK and it makes me sad :sad1:

Hey at least you guys get these shows!!!

You can't get them in the UK and it makes me sad :sad1:

Well, you could always find a very enterprising American that could get them to you if you want to be bored to tears ;)

--DB

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter