so what did you think of tonight's Season of Disney?

platz = an inability to contain fluids, a sudden explosion, a eureka moment that involved screaming and fear, that feeling when your tummy rumbles and you know you have limited time to make it some place where an important thing happens. It's something your Jewish grand mother would say about her friend, you know the one that complains about everything, but wouldn't lift a finger to make a casserole... would do when she sees the diamond ring and savings bonds you got when you great aunt millie passed away.

I found the adventures By Disney section a bit misleading.

The Adventures are usually larger groups. Our trip to Italy was approximately 20 people.

I can not imagine Disney would allow an Adventure to go on with just one family. I believe it would be canceled and the family offered a refund or the opportunity to book another date.

I think they were trying to give the impression that each family gets their own private guide and thats just not the case

I found this section VERY misleading as well. It really would make people believe that they go on the trip with just thier own family and the guides. They even show them on the big bus all alone! I really feel that it was just wrong to do.
My family is doing Southwest Splendors this summer, I don't even want my DH to see last night's show - I feel it will make our great (hopefully) trip seem like a let down becuse it's not like what was on the show

A little lame we thought. The only part that was ok was the costa rica segment. I missed the part with the yacht, I wanted to see that part.This show could have been alot better.

platz = an inability to contain fluids, a sudden explosion, a eureka moment that involved screaming and fear, that feeling when your tummy rumbles and you know you have limited time to make it some place where an important thing happens. It's something your Jewish grand mother would say about her friend, you know the one that complains about everything, but wouldn't lift a finger to make a casserole... would do when she sees the diamond ring and savings bonds you got when you great aunt millie passed away.

Y'know, with a quotation from "Fiddler" in my signature, y'd think I'd at least know a little Yiddish grandmother-speak. Thanks, Oskey.

Why would anyone need to spend $100 hr when there is so much info on the web. I wish Disney would do a normal show for a family of 4,and 5. Not this off season bull, about how you can get a package for $1600,,but a true summertime in july,,with the crowds, how to plan dinning,,crap,,us people who really support disney,,CANNOT rent a private, romantic ,wine, dinner, cruise with the fireworks, as you kiss,,yeah,,,,I want to see some kids fighting,crying and needing to go to bathroom!
Show me something I dont know about Disney,,every show has the same info,show me DAD, something I can due with my 3 kids that does not cost an extra $200 to do, I want to go to cirqu du numba(or however you spell it) But guess what ,family of 5 noway, can I spend that much for3 hrs.. I want to go to ride in nascar,but crap($200-$500), how can I justify that, my kids need that money. I dont know, Im just mad, the gas prices are going up, home values are decreasing, and I take the time to watch this show,and Disney is showing me something I PROBALLY AND MOST AMERCANS, will never get to do. Those that can afford it,,guess what ,,their not at home watching this show, there out on the lake in their own boat entertaining right now. Come on Disney, quit painting ,and be REAL :thumbsup2

this was the splurge episode, some of that stuff is over the top. I think next week is the normal folks show.

Why would anyone need to spend $100 hr when there is so much info on the web. I wish Disney would do a normal show for a family of 4,and 5. Not this off season bull, about how you can get a package for $1600,,but a true summertime in july,,with the crowds, how to plan dinning,,crap,,us people who really support disney,,CANNOT rent a private, romantic ,wine, dinner, cruise with the fireworks, as you kiss,,yeah,,,,I want to see some kids fighting,crying and needing to go to bathroom!
Show me something I dont know about Disney,,every show has the same info,show me DAD, something I can due with my 3 kids that does not cost an extra $200 to do, I want to go to cirqu du numba(or however you spell it) But guess what ,family of 5 noway, can I spend that much for3 hrs.. I want to go to ride in nascar,but crap($200-$500), how can I justify that, my kids need that money. I dont know, Im just mad, the gas prices are going up, home values are decreasing, and I take the time to watch this show,and Disney is showing me something I PROBALLY AND MOST AMERCANS, will never get to do. Those that can afford it,,guess what ,,their not at home watching this show, there out on the lake in their own boat entertaining right now. Come on Disney, quit painting ,and be REAL :thumbsup2

tell us how you really feel .......;) :lmao: :lmao:

But I have to say right on and hopefully next fridays Disney on a dime will be better

yup... looks like next week is it.

"Disney on a Dime"
Watch "Disney on a Dime" on April 25 at 9 p.m. ET. This TV show shreds any misconceptions that a Disney World vacation is too expensive for the average family! The show follows the journeys of three different families and shows how to make a Disney World dream vacation fit within any budget.

I found the adventures By Disney section a bit misleading.

The Adventures are usually larger groups. Our trip to Italy was approximately 20 people.

I can not imagine Disney would allow an Adventure to go on with just one family. I believe it would be canceled and the family offered a refund or the opportunity to book another date.

I think they were trying to give the impression that each family gets their own private guide and thats just not the case

That was the thing that stuck out to me the most, too. I said to DBf, no way would they do an Adventures by Disney with one family! And they made it seem like they were getting on the bus alone, eating at the dinner show alone, zip lining alone. And when they first arrived and there were tons of extra drinks sitting out...I was like uh huh-where are the other people??

Like many of you, I had the same thought. I could be that VIP Guide. I think the plethora of info. on the Dis has made us a bunch of experts. :)

I did enjoy watching it for a Disney fix...but am looking forward to the Disney on a Dime. :rotfl:

"Disney on a Dime"
Watch "Disney on a Dime" on April 25 at 9 p.m. ET. This TV show shreds any misconceptions that a Disney World vacation is too expensive for the average family! The show follows the journeys of three different families and shows how to make a Disney World dream vacation fit within any budget.

I can't wait for this one!! And I'll be watching it with the newbies we're bringing to Disney this September! So that should REALLY help in getting them rarin' to go! :thumbsup2

Is anyone who wants to see the last two Travel Channel Disney specials still looking for a way to watch them?

--DB

"Disney on a Dime"

I will watch and probably enjoy it, but I don't expect any of the options to look anything like the ones on the budget board. They aren't going to suggest that you buy souvenirs before you go or split meals. I expect value resort and what a great deal MYW tickets are if you stay longer. Maybe a plug for the DDP. Doubt they will show people buying an extra bun and making salads off the fixins bar. :rotfl2:

(Not making fun of the budget board-just making a joke as those are frequent hot button issues over there)

I'm not going to be a downer,,but I but they are going to show a bunch of stuff to do , when its the off season. People watch with their kids,then kids want to go, parents say,,"we can do that>>>$1600,,sure,,call,,yes we want to come to disney in june 09,," "yes we can put in a moderate, for $2600" "But what about the $1600 I saw on Disney for a Dime?" "O sorry sir for the miss understanding, that was our off season price,you know when the kids are in school,soccer,football,little league!" Now the kids are pumped about Disney, so you have to book for $2600,,flight, food$4500-$5000. Hey dont get me wrong I LOVE WDW, cant wait for June! I help families plan all the time. I just want people to know how much, that way the can enjoy themselves,not be shocked and get up-set with hiddden cost!Then come home mad,and downing Disney,,my 2 cents, not worth much!!:goodvibes

I will watch and probably enjoy it, but I don't expect any of the options to look anything like the ones on the budget board. They aren't going to suggest that you buy souvenirs before you go or split meals. I expect value resort and what a great deal MYW tickets are if you stay longer. Maybe a plug for the DDP. Doubt they will show people buying an extra bun and making salads off the fixins bar. :rotfl2:

(Not making fun of the budget board-just making a joke as those are frequent hot button issues over there)

you make a very good point. I still can't wait to see what's in store either way

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter