• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Something About Nothing ... #12

Charade. I don’t know why I thought you were going next week! I’ll be there April too. Arrive end of April. B’s haircut looks lovely.

Just came from brother in laws house to check for wind/tree damage. Aside from small branches, debris and tarps blown off lawn benches he was fine. I put tarps back on and picked up branches from driveway so it looks like someone’s been around. He’s up at Whistler but comes back tomorrow.

Charade. I don’t know why I thought you were going next week! I’ll be there April too. Arrive end of April. B’s haircut looks lovely.
I think I’m going to be there April 13-16. Can’t wait to see what the spring break crowds look like.

Sue, only just got into Outlander recently.....we loved the first five episodes we watched, but just haven’t had the time to catch up with it properly.....but, will do........and the person who suggested we’d like it is a huge fan of Sam Heughan.......yep, he’s rather easy on the eye! But, we do plan to catch up properly after New Years......

Keisha..........hope you’re doing better........we miss you!!!

So, up earlier than I planned to be.........thought I’d still be sleeping!

Had a fabulous day yesterday. Church event was a huge success.......and the guy loved his secret Santa stuff......can’t go wrong with Dr Who and Star Wars unique gifts.......I got a beautiful picture frame and a rather nice wine stopper......although that was more a joke gift as everyone knows I don’t even know what one of those are for.......lol........

Then dinner out with another group of friends......they are a good bunch!! Didn’t go for the regular Christmas menu of turkey and all the trimmings, but Tom and I went for surf and turf.......they do a good steak in this restaurant......it was beautiful.....but such a nice evening with good friends. And Father Christmas made a visit to every table and ladies all got a little crystal tree decoration and the men got a little novelty tool set......nice touch.

Got home far too late.......we went back to one friends home who lives quite near us, around 20 minutes away and must have got a cab around 2.30am......I know this as Kyle told me exactly what time we got in.......lol.....although he hadn’t gotten in much before us I believe!

So, today is some laundry, ironing, finish wrapping presents, watch the 1951 A Christmas Carol movie this afternoon, drop off some gifts to friends close by, hopefully some trip report later and takeout pizza tonight......no quiet day today.

But, happy I’m organised.......didn’t see it happening this time last week..........

Hope everyone is doing good and ready or almost ready for Christmas..........love this time of year!

Have a great Saturday...........

40D3351F-2495-4375-B335-BCC6675447C2.jpeg 584E8A6B-037A-4BDA-B8BF-65CD8CDA1CB5.jpeg

A Ho Ho Ho to all the homies.

Buckeev, yep three more days. All are open early today. Relax.

Charade, yeah little one is still trying to get length in her hair. All she got done when we went to our haircut was a very small trim. Hope the rain cleared enough for the bookshelf could be put in B’s room. Glad to hear B is all set for college. Little one is still torn between two, though the third is still in the mix. I guess the choice will be made some time after Christmas. All three offfered her early admission. We know the financial package from 2 of the three. Waiting for the one, as that may play a part of where she goes. Her fourth school said decision around Christmas, but so far have not heard. That one was a if I could not get into anything else. We are happy about that, as it was not a school we could see her at, and all three of her I want to go there said yes.

Schumi, so glad your Church fund raising went so well, and the secret Santa knew what to get you. Pizza for dinner sounds perfect for a Saturday night. Enjoy your bopping around, and old movie. I get to wash today too.

Have a great Saturday all. Stay warm, our first day of Winter was spent very wet and warm. Teasing Mother Nature. Wind chills in the low 30’s today. Blustery, 40 degree day. Overcast, but hoping to see some sun later today, and a clear enough sky to see the full moon tonight.

And a hehe, DH asked if older one came home from his friend’s house last night. I said yep, but I can’t tell ya when. I went to bed around 10:30, I was tired. I did hear the door open, so a yell is that you, yes response let me go back to sleep.

Time for tea, and to put another load of wash on. Then a little later, seeing a good looking guy fight in the sea and land. May not be my favorite super hero movie, but those movie seats are comfy, and some thing to do inside.

I'm going to need a vacation from my Christmas break. Dh has been hit with the home improvement bug. There is a drainage ditch in front of the house that has gotten overgrown. Dh decided that he needed to dig out the ditch because when we get heavy rain we end up with a small lake in front of the house. He spent 3 days digging it out. A neighbor suggested that he line the bottom with rock to improve the drainage. Yesterday I spent the morning helping him line the ditch. Then the rain started. We got so much rain that it washed all of the rock down to the end of the ditch and into the drainpipe. We just spent 2 hours this morning with me shoveling out muddy rock and him re-lining the ditch with bigger rock. I am tired and filthy, and there is mud everywhere. I made him promise that the next time he gets an idea like this that we call in professionals.

Happy Saturday! Hopefully I make it thru dinner :scared: I woke up at 4am and couldn’t get back to sleep. Finishing my morning coffee then time to shower up, go to pharmacy to pick up Rx I dropped off yesterday. Then bake some cookies. Have family friends dropping by tomorrow afternoon. I meant to bake yesterday but...

Still raining. Ugh.

Schumi it’s a great series isn’t it! I read all the books as they came out and was worried I would find the show a bit of a let down, but they did a wonderful job of casting and story line, I’m enjoying it very much.

Schumi it’s a great series isn’t it! I read all the books as they came out and was worried I would find the show a bit of a let down, but they did a wonderful job of casting and story line, I’m enjoying it very much.

It really is.....I bought the books, but never got around to reading them....I never seem to have the time....maybe one day. The casting is very good!!! We do have a lot of episodes to catch up on.....

Popping on to wish everyone a very merry Christmas...….I hope you all have a wonderful and peaceful time whatever you are doing and whoever you are with...…..and hope you all eat well and enjoy the festivities of the season...…..

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas...……:santa:

Good evening SANS family:wave2:... I am so far behind to try and catch up. It has been a rough week and a half here. I had to deal with some health issues and tests. The results were okay but we have to watch some things over the next 6 months. I won't be in the clear till then. My spirits are better and just going to go with the flow. I am glad that everyone seems almost ready for Christmas. I do love this holiday and time of year. I still have some shopping to finish and get food for Christmas Eve. I do an Italian fish dinner here and have friends come over.

I would like to say 'hi" and welcome to Sue I didn't get a chance to when you posted.

I hope everyone who is traveling the next week or so have a great time and stay safe.

I have missed you guys and I hope I will be around more now.

Have a great night:goodvibes

Bobbie, sorry to hear of your health issues, and sending lots of good wishes and thoughts that the 6 months fly by, and you are in the clear for all.

Schumi, safe travels and a very Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Charade, I hear ya with the home stuff. I will hire out next time too.

At the largest retail mall in the country. Not as crazy as I thought it might have been.

Time for chow. Later homies. Be on the good list.

Good evening everyone. I’m going to be up half the night again. I didn’t realize exactly how tired I was from working outside this morning. I took a nap this afternoon. I don’t know how long I was asleep, but I remember dh was watching a football game that was in the first quarter. When I woke up the game was over.

Schumi - I love the Christmas pictures.

Bobbie - Wishing you good results at your follow up in 6 months.

Lynne - You are brave. I plan on avoiding malls until after New Year’s.

The bookcase is here thanks to a very nice neighbor who owns a van.

2h5jx1t.jpg

Merry Christmas! I did get around to baking some Christmas Tree cookies today. Only did 2 trays. One tray came out great. The other, well o_O I think I used the cookie tray my husband uses for making French fries. They all stuck and I couldn’t get them off whole. Most broke. Still tasted good though! Just won’t be put out for company!

Brother in law was over for dinner tonight . Tomorrow family friends coming over after church. Oldest daughter is sick :worried: sheesh.

Schumi love the pics. Safe travels.

Bobbie thanks for the welcome. Hope your better soon.

Charade love the bookcase!

Sick bay alert is at Sue’s house. Hope Sue’s oldest daughter is feeling better soon. Sending well wishes to her. No fun being sick during the holidays. Enjoy a trip to church, and friends visiting.

Charade, nice looking bookcase for B.

Got home from the mall around 10, last night. Traffic was light, and one of the quickest drives home. Left with 2 places remaining on the parking level we turned out of. Parked when there was 9 spaces left, and as we drove past a far parking space, little one asked if we should look closer. Yep, I said. Just as we got near the end of the row, we caught a couple quickly running to their car, and promptly left their parking space for us, right near the door. At 11 last night, little one said the grocery store was open to midnight. Home made milkshakes while watching the tonight show. By 1am, I said lights out. Older one complained, but by 1:30, lights were definitely out. We all complained there was nothing good on the television last night. I think older one had the Venom movie on, as we had picked it up yesterday.

Been up since 7:30, and luckily, our neighbor’s very loud banging did not start until just before 8:30. My kids are good sleepers, neither kid is up, even with the banging next to us. Hammering something, sometimes union banging. May need to take a peak, and see what needs that loud banging.

04C96BDF-E8B0-4849-A547-8AF5E5925465.jpeg

So have a peaceful, and productive Sunday Homies.

3B827526-34A5-493E-AFF1-459007BB8F0B.gif Time for me to have tea, and quiet. And control of the big Tv.

205165D1-80BA-4A83-8C9C-1850C85A58BE.gif Yep, that was little one at 2 pm on Friday afternoon. Darn full day of school, mumble. Then, we went shopping, eating was first what we needed.

Been seeing the Nightmare Before Christmas on Freeform cable channel lately. Been watching bits and pieces of it after watching it once.

So, Merry Christmas homies.

D07956AE-D0DD-4BBC-9059-85A3CD3B3EEB.gif

Good Sunday morning homies

Sounds like Lynne has finished her shopping now

Sue hope your daughter feels much better today

Bobbie have you in my prayers for your health

Keisha, hope you are hanging in there and improving
I know this is a very busy time for youse
Try not to over do it and feel better real fast

Charade, that is the perfect bookcase for your daughter!

Schumi you are back home in Scotland now
Have a special time with the family there

And to all the other homies, hope all are with friends and family and will be enjoying Christmas this year

I keep putting off going to Walmart for groceries but at the point I will do that this morning
I avoid crowds as much as possible so will get it done before noon today as most will be in church until then

Happy Sunday all!! Very behind here!! Trip was amazing, but came home to a busy, busy schedule!! and Joe has the flu!! I'm ok so far, hoping to stay well!!

Sending healing wishes to Bobbie & Sue's families! and anyone else I missed because of being behind here!!

Wishing Monyk a great trip to Florida!

Have a great Sunday all!!

81d597f6f04103b95ca1df4a86b2a4dd--happy-sunday-morning-happy-sunday-quotes.jpg

I was wondering when pattyw would be back home and checking in with us

Many are tied up at the holiday times and have a busy schedule

Glad pattyw stopped by

My suggestion to pattyw is .....
Don’t sleep with Joe so you won’t get his cootie flu bug

In the wm checkout line and beating the Church rush
Not busy here right now but will be dreadful after 1:00 this afternoon

Only needed bread and a few basics

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter