Something About Nothing ... #12

So glad to read that Sue. I always get nervous. Though no history or family having it either, which I am very thankful for.

Legally blonde now. Feels good.

Quiet night. All I can say, normal is to get hot flashes. Me, cold flashes. Kids just laugh, when I shiver and they say it is not cold.

Made burgers and did fries in my air fryer. Yum.

Hope all are relaxing too, and that Mr. Mac got his Taco Bell order.

Sue, glad your exam is over for another period of time.........yes, being clamped in for that test and told not to move always gives me the giggles for some reason.........

Not so cold here Lynne, but I still get cold when no one else seems to be. Glad you’re happy with your hair!

Not to be too bad a day today, have to go out again but would rather be staying home. Also need an outfit for an early Christmas dinner on Friday. Literally have nothing I want to wear there. Will have a look in town today.

Just realised Friday will be the shortest day of the year! How did that happen........I feel I’ve missed a Whole load of December!

I think it’s Wednesday.......so have a great day whatever you may be doing..........

upload_2018-12-19_6-41-47.jpeg Yep, Schumi. It's a Wednesday.
images
, to all the homies.

Yeah, 26 out does make it feel cold. Below freezing. And dark. No sunrise for almost another hour. Ack, Schumi. Shortest day is Friday. Just not fair it's a Friday. LOL

Well, tea is needed, and lunch out again today, to celebrate the holidays with all. Nice. And while still will be cold, have the sunglasses in pocketbook. Yep, will be happy that the sun will be seen some time today. And than the rain, with warmer temps, will arrive tomorrow. So happy that shortest day of the year will see 60 degrees. Break out the short sleeve t-shirts. Oh, there will be shorts on some. Gotta enjoy when you can.

Hope you find you outfit in town today, Schumi. And hope all at home are feeling much better.

Let's get over this hump of a day, and week will end before ya know it. I am so ready for Friday, starts my holiday break. Little one is so ready for that break as well.

images
- enjoy some sweats today, too.

Good morning everyone :coffee:

We're back home again after a great trip. It went by entirely too fast...at least I'm enjoying Voodoo doughnuts with my morning coffee so that helps with the post vacation blues.

We got home around 9 PM last night and I was looking forward to a long soak in the tub before bed...not ...Trey neglected to tell me that the hot water was off due to a leak in the pipe coming out of the hot water heater His dad was going to fix it before we got home but Trey forgot to get the fitting. At least I can get the laundry done since everything can be washed in cold water.

We upgraded Danielle's ticket to an AP on Monday since the weekend had been blocked out. We went to guest services and the lady there erroneously said Monday was blocked out too and to come back right before we left the park ....thought she was wrong but we left and went to check out the AP lounge and the guy there said he could do it for her. Well the printer jammed, it voided the sale and he had to take us to guest services to correct the problem. We wound up getting 8 express passes for our trouble which was awesome since the parks were packed. We used them on Hulk (twice), Mummy and RIP ride where I finally got the song I tried to play from the secret song list the last 3 times :cool1:
Yesterday we dropped off our bags and headed to the parks where we enjoyed going on MIB over and over trying to best our high scores. The green side is the best for high scoring and Danielle beat me with 498000 to my measly 354000. I have yet to get the elusive 999k. We left the park and had lunch at Toothsome before heading back to CB where we were picked up by Tony Hinds himself...he says "hi mac".

Speaking of hard candy...we got tsa precheck and Danielle's bag got flagged for further inspection...we thought it was the donuts but they wanted to inspect the bag of hard candy from Sugarplum's and didn't even look at the donuts. Funny, I had a whole bunch of chocolate from Honeydukes in my bag.

Highs in the 60s today so not a big contrast in the temperature from Orlando.
Just glad it's not in the 20s like Lynne's place :cold:

Thanks again to keisha for the drink coupons...we used 2 and gifted 2 to our fellow passengers on the plane home.

Hope all who were ailing are feeling better soon :goodvibes

I'm off to do laundry :laundy:

Have a great day everyone :flower1:

Yay! Tink is here. Tink, sorry to hear of no hot water, but glad to hear you had a great trip, and got home safely.

Yep, walk for lunch time was cold. That cold wind did not help. But hey, the sun was mostly out. Now, clouded over. Will be in the 40's tomorrow afternoon. Hello Southern wind, bringing another 2 or so inches of rain. Ground is already well soaked from prior bouts of rain.

Hope all has a great afternoon.

Lunch today with my old office at school. Can’t believe I’ve been retired a year! No more hump day for me, lol! It’s cloudy out but thankfully not currently raining (yet)!

Lynne Brrrr!

Tink glad to hear you had a great vacay! Amazing that Guest Services are giving out wrong info. If I knew they were wrong, I’d probably ask nicely if she could just recheck that info. But at least you scored a bunch of Express passes for your trouble.
Good tip on green side, I’ll have to remember that when we go! Can’t wait to try voodoo doughnuts! Yum.

Windy today, but still into the 50's. Cooling off tomorrow again with rain:sad2:. Week of christmas is all over the place weather wise-including chance of snow showers. And weather reports for Jacksonville and Orlando start cool and warm up. As long as it above 60 during day I am good.

And we've had slight changing of plans...My mom had to cancel our planned Christmas for Saturday - doc adjusted some of her meds and doesn't want her to travel (they are currently at winter place in Phoenix). Their house in St Louis is out in suburbs and can take up to 45 minutes to get to a hospital (and where they live is in a subdivision that is back in the hills and have 5-10 acre plots, windy roads that look like they are one way only-people get lost easily). Better to be safe than have something happen. So we are going to do our "Christmas" in July-which my sisters and I are actually more excited about as none of us will need to rush off for something else.
So we are still going to STL on Friday for SiL bday, oldest will be with us, she is staying in STL for Christmas while the rest of us head out early Saturday-we decided to try to get to KSC on Sunday early if we can (hope for no gov't shutdown). Then on to Jacksonville, head to Orlando sometime on 26th. Thinking of trying the new dessert party at Studios that week. IF KSC isn't fully operational we will take our time, maybe stop somewhere to take in some Holiday stuff. Oldest doesn't want to be in Florida for Christmas although we've offered to fly her back and forth. She could still spend most of her break with Grandparent (except the 2 days with us in FL).

I am having a week like Charade's "mondayest monday ever". Hope her week is better.
Can’t wait to try voodoo doughnuts
they are good!
Glad you made it home Tink-and UO guest services are really excellent-we got all day one time use EP in June all days we went for our AP's being messed up a bit (the after 4 EP wasn't registering).
Stay warm and dry Lynne, schumi and Mac!

Glad you’re home safe Vicki.......not the best homecoming with the water, but glad you and Danielle had a fabulous trip........enjoy those donuts! We bought the Grinch one to share.......it was eaten before we took a picture.....lol....love those donuts! Nice catch on the EP!

Sue, glad you had a nice lunch with old work colleagues........there’s a few of us ladies of leisure on here.......or ladies Wot lunch as we say over here........

Lynne, thanks.......we are getting better, just feels so slow to get back to normal......... but, did get an outfit today.....

MonyK......just saw your post pop up..........what a shame about the change of plans......but you’re right, better safe than sorry.......Christmas in July sounds a lot of fun!

Hope you enjoy KSC and the rest of your trip......

So, I’m honestly shattered.

Spent most of the day in the City shopping.......got the train and just back home now.

Weather was dull, but cool......I was glad of warm hat and gloves when we were outside........I think we’re sorted for Christmas now.......and have an outfit for nice dinner on Friday and one for Christmas Day.......going out for large family get together Sunday night but can wear something I already have to that dinner........nice casual restaurant for that one. So, feel settled now I’m at least 95% ready........just need to wrap everything up......love that part.

Snack food tonight as we had lunch out, glass of wine and maybe stick on Home Alone......another Christmas Favourite.....

Off for wine........it’s been a long and tiring day!

Schumi, glad to hear you made out well today, and feeling better. Wine and snacks with a movie sounds like a perfect evening.

MonyK, all those changes, I hope you mom does well with her new meds.

Late lunch was good and now not sure what for dinner. Still feels cold outside.

Yesterday we dropped off our bags and headed to the parks where we enjoyed going on MIB over and over trying to best our high scores. The green side is the best for high scoring and Danielle beat me with 498000 to my measly 354000. I have yet to get the elusive 999k. We left the park and had lunch at Toothsome before heading back to CB where we were picked up by Tony Hinds himself...he says "hi mac".

We do it for a couple hours almost every day, over and over using the baby swap shortcut. Best I did this year was 740xxx. Molly got an 899 with the bonus and today she had an 854 going and the bonus failed for the whole car. Then today we got car 17, back row, which Agent R told us was the best. We both started out hot but then the ride stopped just before the first ambush. Lights came on and the targets shut off. Moved sporadically until we were out. It was cool to see and I took video. It was about 4 so we didn't stick around for it to get fixed. Maybe next year she can max.

Agent R gave us a few tips and even hopped in with us for a ride. 61203_121818_000077828lgthumb.jpg

Lynne
Still waiting to hear what you made for dinner....

Monyk
I hope your mom’s adjustment period to the med dosage change goes smooth

Catch you later homies!
All have a good nights sleep

Soup and crackers, with cheese or peanut butter, and chicken chili. I try do easy dinners, Mac. At least on week days. I was hoping the chili for lunch today, but DH came home, hunting for food. Nothing left. Sigh. Some days, no left overs, some days, next meal left overs.

Well, the weather guy said, I thought I told you no rain today, the other day. I can't say that now. And, here comes the rain. But yay, a nicer 31 today. But BOO, ice scraping needed. Almost thick. Sigh.

But a happy smile is starting. For one day of leave, 6 days of not having to get up early. Woot! Woot!

However, thirsty is the word of the day. upload_2018-12-20_6-39-9.jpeg Yes, it's a Thursday.
images
images

And
jkepbwd.jpg
ha ha. Hoping this finds Keisha well, and enjoying some holiday fun with all the kids and grand kids. No, it's actually: upload_2018-12-20_6-45-56.jpeg

Yep, and kinda fitting for a thirsty Thursday.

images
and for little one: upload_2018-12-20_6-52-57.jpeg . She sounded like a zombie when I woke her this morning. Morning quick movements are not her forte.

upload_2018-12-20_6-54-55.jpeg Yep, time for tea.

Have a great one all, and hope Wendy and Mac, and Robo, and Keisha, and any other homie, I hope this finds you feeling much better, and sending mummy dust.

Enjoying seeing that picture, Squirlz. My little one is the best shooter than all of us. And she loves, loves that pug.

Lynne, do you stand next to the little to wake her in the morning or stand 5 feet away and toss things on her so she will get up?

For my boys, I would turn bedroom lights on and blast music to wake them on school days

I do believe the job of waking a teen up is not fun

My break isn't starting out the way I had wanted it to. My plans for today were to sleep in, get a nice brunch, then do a little shopping for myself. What happened instead was I was outside at 8:00 this morning helping dh finish up some yard work before it starts raining today. I can't sleep in tomorrow either since I have a doctor's appointment in the morning.
Yesterday was B's last day of school for the semester. It was also winter band concert that was rescheduled from last week's snow days. I can't believe she is already halfway through senior year.

We got home around 9 PM last night and I was looking forward to a long soak in the tub before bed...not ...Trey neglected to tell me that the hot water was off due to a leak in the pipe coming out of the hot water heater His dad was going to fix it before we got home but Trey forgot to get the fitting. At least I can get the laundry done since everything can be washed in cold water.
Oh no. I hope you get that taken care of quickly.

Can’t wait to try voodoo doughnuts! Yum.
I'm going to try to get over there when I go back to Orlando in April.

I am having a week like Charade's "mondayest monday ever". Hope her week is better.
Sort you caught my Mondays. Hope the week is improving.

So, feel settled now I’m at least 95% ready........just need to wrap everything up......love that part.
I'm one of those people who wraps gifts as I buy them. Some of my friends think that is odd. I once had a roommate who would wait until the last minute and then panic about how many gifts she had to wrap. I usually ended up wrapping half or more of her presents.

And, here comes the rain.
We are supposed to get a lot of rain too for the next couple of days. I need to have at least one dry day before Christmas so I can get B's bookcase home.

I do believe the job of waking a teen up is not fun
Mine is usually good about getting herself up in the morning. She gets up on school days, but when she is off she likes to sleep in like a typical teenager.

I'm off to shower, brunch, and brave the mall. Today I will be doing some shopping for myself.

Looks like Orlando already started to get rain
Feel bad for the visitors that are on vacation there today

It’s not as much fun doing the parks on heavy rain days

It’s 50 here for me and rain
Going to be a very wet day and continue into the night

I can deal with it as it’s not snow

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter