Something About Nothing ... #12

Quick drive by.........

Another gorgeous day.........

And we got to have a doughnut each from Voodoo Doughnut........:jumping1:

We stopped by and started talking to a couple of guys stood outside as it wasn’t open yet, they were doing staff training .......one was asking about our trip and we explained how often we come and how much we love Universal.......I also happened to mention we hadn’t gone to “that other place” for almost 10 years...........he burst into laughter and said I had said the right thing......I mentioned how I was so keen to try the maple bacon doughnut and disappointed I’d have to wait till May to try one..............

He’s the Chairman and CEO of Universal Orlando Resort..........he immediately said we had to get a doughnut......Tom meanwhile was talking to someone else who turned out to be the guy in charge of Citywalk.......and another guy had told Tom he was to aks for him and he’d get a free doughnut in May........

Then I laughed and said I was getting one today..........so the chairman of Citywalk went in and brought out a Maple Bacon Bar........and the chairman of UOR said Tom had to get one too......so he brought back out the voodoo doll for him to have.............

We were amazed!!! And incredibly grateful.......

We thanked them and headed off into Studios and enjoyed them at the Boulangerie.........they were delicious!!!! That maple bacon was a real treat!!!!!

What a great start to the day..........you just never know who you’re talking to........

Hope everyone’s good.......will catch up when I get back home Monday.........

:wave2:

Morning all!
Last night around 9pm, we were able to go outside and watch the ISS fly over our area! It was very cool to see that! It was like a really bright star flying across the sky really fast. Not like a shooting star, but definitely faster than an airplane. I had read that the Russian Soyuz rocket was supposed to be close behind the ISS as they are going to dock together for the 2 American and 1 Russian astronauts to board the ISS. But we didn't see the rocket.

Oh we love watching the ISS FLY over us.......

DS has a real interest in astronomy and has a pretty good telescope so we sky watch a lot......but it’s always special seeing that fly over........

Where's the picture of those donuts or did you eat them up too quickly......

I do have pictures, but can’t upload them till we get home......didn’t bring a laptop with us this time.......

We did manage a few pictures with both CEO’s too and of course a few of the donuts........they were gone quickly though......as you can imagine!

Sitting in a Red Lobster down at the convention centre waiting for shrimp and lobster to appear.......:D

@schumigirl that is so cool! Last September we were at the Virgin hotel for my birthday. They had revamped the restaurant and it was a soft opening for staff and VIPs. We were at the bar and I found out the guy next to me was the CEO of Virgin! I told him how much we liked it there and how we had come for my birthday tomorrow. He said "I'm buying you dinner tomorrow."

Well home now, made it into work today after pulling into driveway at 3 am. Bed for me soon.
And thanks for the birthday wishes from everyone!! Had a fab trip and birthday!
And DD got her offer for Summer Alumni-attractions. She wasn't sure about accepting but being at Disney, visiting with her roommate from fall, and seeing her friends at CBR - she's going back! But she's hoping it's not for parking...
My feet are quite swollen today. Told DH it's his turn to go for a trip and drive down with her in May. I'm kinda disneyed out, although Flower festival at Epcot was great.

Back to reality-water pump in my truck needs to be replaced. Eating into summer budget. Not good.

How cool for the voodoo doughnut treat Schumi

Bedtime soon

Evening all.

Snow is melting quickly here...thank goodness. Not sure if they will have Easter egg hunts tomorrow, but we will see.

Not sure how many of you watch the news...but the FDNY lost a firefighter last night. He was the husband of a coworker of mine. We were pregnant together a few years ago and due around the same time. They have four young children. Please keep them in your thoughts tonight. http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2018/03/23/fdny-firefighter-michael-r-davidson-killed-harlem-fire/

Yeah, was on our local news Kfish. Very sad, and send sympathy with a hope for peace and support for the family that lost that beloved firefighter.

Quiet night, glad to hear Birthday was good MonyK. Yep, always some expense not counting to have to spend. Had to have our home heater serviced. One expensive minor repair.

Nice birthday dinner Squirlz.

And neat to see the ISS fly by Tenn. we have had so many cloudy days, not sure if I have ever been in it’s path to see.

Tired, and getting ready for bed. Throat still sore, and I have a headache. Drugs and eyes closed soon.

MonyK, glad you are home safe and sound.
What a fun way to celebrate your birthday!

Squirlz, well, did he buy you that dinner?

Kfish, i just read that story, so sad......
My prayers said for the family.

Oops....didn't see Lynne sneak in here.
she must have posted when i was reading kfish's link

Are you feeling better yet Lynne?

5BAA92EE-0D9D-4CD4-94C7-CB2B8B72245C.jpeg

A49F6880-1889-41E0-BD5D-E55BCC8498FA.jpeg

Good morning everyone :wave2:

Schumi and Squirlz so nice you we’re able to meet the CEO’s and share your appreciation for their respective properties. It was so sweet of them to give you all a special treat to show their appreciation to their loyal customers.

Kstar so sorry to hear of the death of your coworkers husband......devastating loss for his wife and children....:grouphug:
Prayers for all..

Schumi if I remember reading correctly you are heading back home today....Safe travels to you and Hubby as you make your way back home across the pond....Look forward to seeing your pics from this trip.

Monykalyn so nice to hear you had a such a fun time on your trip. Great to hear your daughter received her summer alumni attractions offer.

Lynne hope you and your family are fully recovered from your illnesses :grouphug:

Morning Mac :wave:

Good Saturday morning Homies.

Freshened up, long p, hot shower to warm me up, and help me breathe.

Safe travel home Schumi. Yes, vacation time always goes so fast, but you had such a fabulous time, and will be back soon enough.

Mac, and Robo, feeling slightly better, but still taking drugs as throat not back to normal yet. Plumped up my sinus, so nasal sounding too. Ugh. I am not a good sick person. And I am the only family sickie.
But, cool, sunny morning. Errands and the zoo on tap.

Went for two things I needed at Target last night. Forgot the one thing, and kids filled the basket wih stuff, and checking out, I was annoyed at the total. Young guy checking me out asked if I got all I was looking for. I said they found what they wanted. He said, yeah his mom says when he goes, there is more in the cart then his mom thought. Kids are expensive.

Time for coffee, little one does not do tea.

Can we go? Yep, little one. Later homies.

Squirlz, well, did he buy you that dinner?
Yes, one of the best meals I've ever had. There are a few counter type seats where you can see the kitchen. The chef brought us all kinds of stuff. Things I would never had ordered on my own, didn't know what some things were until after I had eaten it, and it was all delicious.

ECD8EB9F-906D-42F8-84C1-32A1B41CC76B.jpeg

Cool, but sunny day, and had some fun at our little zoo. Darn close up cheetah was trying to get something below. Best picture, butt up! LoL

Kids have retreated to bedrooms, but am sure the electronics are still on. Mean mom hoarse hollering will commence shortly.

Hope all have been enjoying a lovely Saturday night.

Morning Mac :wave:

3D71F10E-6752-4AF5-9057-31891AB223EC.jpeg

0FB040AD-C7C1-4FD0-9E7E-CC41AD8B2E77.jpeg

Well it’s beautiful sunny day here.

Going to have girls day and night at SF with older sister who just returned home to Orlando. I drove up early this am.

82059A44-9125-40AA-B47D-2192035B7AA2.jpeg

I took a walk over to CBH as I have never been there before. It was very busy. Really enjoyed the look around.

3097C68E-9959-417B-A6D0-0C9E5F3B1808.jpeg

They have a nice view of Volcano from Continental pool area.

Sister said traffic heading south on 75 was bumper to bumper starting at Ocala.....

Nice to connect with family when possible and of course it does not hurt that it’s at Universal......my happy place :cheer2::dancer:party:

Have a great Sunday everyone.

Have a fantastic time with Sis at UO!

Makes it nice to live close enough to drive there and not be worn out during the travel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter